Crowd effect from WDW Railroad closing?

EnchantedDreams

Mouseketeer
I'm headed to the parks next week and I'm disappointed that the railroad isn't running. I'm wondering if this has made the crowd levels more noticeable as people have to walk through the parks everywhere. Any reports?

We have been to MK many times on 7 trips over the last 9 years, and I rode the train twice. I love it but always forget that it's there. I would imagine it holds a couple hundred people? Probably not enough to notice extra people walking instead of riding.

The train doesn't transport enough people to make a difference in crowds moving through the park.

I didn't notice any difference when we were there in May.
I did miss being able to ride the train around the park. Sounds like it will still be a long time before it opens.

I'm headed to the parks next week and I'm disappointed that the railroad isn't running. I'm wondering if this has made the crowd levels more noticeable as people have to walk through the parks everywhere. Any reports?
I visit mk on a weekly basis Ann's can tell you that it hasn't really impacted how crowded the streets are

Seems like we were always poor planners regarding the train. We would often decide to finish up in Frontierland and plan to ride the train around to the Main Street Station to exit the park only to see the last train of the day depart as we approached the station next to Splash Mountain.

It is an enjoyable ride and also comes in handy for moving around and saving a few steps.

It makes a difference when there are crowds and a parade and you can't use the train to get around. It forces you through the crowds instead of around them. We had that experience at the Halloween Party.

When is the train supposed to reopen?

At the other WDW parks, closures of almost any ride and even some shows can wreak havoc.

But having 1 ride closed is actually a pretty normal state for the Magic Kingdom, which has a ton of them. At MK, the only rides that really could effect the feel of the park are the ones that are huge people sucks (e.g. Pirates, Mansion, Small World) and the ones that get huge lines (e.g. the mountains).

It makes a difference when there are crowds and a parade and you can't use the train to get around. It forces you through the crowds instead of around them. We had that experience at the Halloween Party.

When is the train supposed to reopen?
They haven’t published a date, but some people who have been on the train tour have said it was implied to them that it would be late 2020.

Thank you everyone for the input! We definitely utilize the railroad for transportation to Frontierland and then on towards Fantasyland so we can cut across the park. I'm going to miss that option!

We miss the train; it was the fastest way over to Frontierland for our roller coaster fix:(.
That being said found it pretty easy to walk over. The loggerjam is always at the top of Main Street (near Casey's and the ice cream shop). Once we get through that area it's pretty clear sailing if you avoid the straight path to the castle and take the first curved paths either to the left or right depending on which land you want to go to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter