Crossing the pond by Disney Magic: Day 16 - Barcelona & Home

wickesy

<font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y

I woke up with a mixture of emotions today - sadness that the holiday had ended and joy that we were going home and I would be able to chat to Gemma properly again - tonight was her sister's hen night so we wouldn't be able to chat properly and it would be another week before I would see her again but at least we didn't have to worry about the cost of international texts any more.

The alarm went off at 7:00 so I got up, got dressed and went upstairs to take some photos.

I spent the next 40 minutes or so strolling around the ship, reliving the memories of the cruise (Galveston seemed so long ago) and making the most of every last minute before it was time to go down for breakfast. As I wandered round another cruise ship slipped past us.

At 8:15 we went down for breakfast and both had the Route 66 - bacon, ham, hash browns and scrambled eggs. Chris and Lynn had already left but we spent some time chatting with Susan, Jeff, Jennifer and Dennis as none of us were in any rush to leave.

At 9:00 we couldn't put it off any longer so we said our goodbyes and walked off the Magic for what is likely to be my last time ever - Gemma doesn't like boats or ships of any kind so it is highly unlikely I will ever do another cruise.

We found our bags in the terminal straight away and made our way out to the taxi queue. We were in a taxi within 15 minutes and by 10:00 we were at the airport. Our flight wasn't leaving until 3:00, which meant it was far too early to drop our bags so we found some seats and settled down for a while.

At 11:20 we decided to go and drop our bags off, and 20 minutes later we were through security and passport control and settled on seats airside.

I sat reading until 2:15 when the gate information finally came up on the screen and we made our way over to gate D15 where the flight boarded around 20 minutes later.

We pushed back on time at 3:00 and after a fairly lengthy taxi we were in the air around 10 minutes later. Soon after take off we were served a snack of a chicken wrap and a drink, then it was time to sit back and enjoy the flight.

We landed just after 4:10 and, thanks to the e-passport gates we were quickly through immigration but as usual we then had to wait ages to find out which carousel our bags were going to come through on. Once we were at the carousel our bags came up more or less straight away and once we were through customs our driver was waiting for us so we were on the road to home by 4:50 and indoors just before 6:00.

You might wonder why there have been no photos of Dad and I in this report - well here's why

After that one we didn't bother having any more taken!

As usual I would like to say thank you to those who have read my ramblings and an extra special thank you to those who have taken the time to post a comment; it really does make taking the time to post these reports worthwhile. It was also nice to be recognised a couple of times on the ship by people who had read my previous reports.

So ends another trip and for the first time since I started writing trip reports I have absolutely no idea when our next Disney trip will be, or if there even will be another one. Gemma and I want to find somewhere to live together, then marriage and children will hopefully follow soon after so there is not going to be the money in the foreseeable future. Gemma does want to visit Orlando and I would love to see it through her eyes and the eyes of any children that we might have so hopefully there will be a trip one day and you can be sure that if there is then there will be a trip report. Until then the only thing left to say is...

Thanks for sharing your fab report David, I have loved your pics, especially the one's you took each morning, I may nab that idea for my future cruise ;)

How sad that this may well be your last cruise, but what an exciting time you have ahead of you with Gemma, congratulations ! I look forward to your next report and hope we don't have to wait too long

Thanks again :)

Feel free to nab my idea Mandy :thumbsup2

Thanks, it is a very exciting time for me. :goodvibes

Hi Wickesy thank you for your updates. They have been a great read especially since we've only done them from the US, but they did make us homesick from 'the Magic.' Nice to see someone as local as you are who loves the sea and mouse as me.

Thanks for posting David, I've enjoyed your report.

Thank you David for sharing your fantastic trip, I've enjoyed reading each and every one.
I wish you lots of luck for you and Gemma for the future and hope to maybe read your first TR to the World as a couple.
I too do not like boats and you would never catch me on a ferry. However I love cruises so you never know. I'm normally good to go with a supply of travel sickness tablets.
Thanks again Clare :wave2:

Hi David
I've just read your whole TR in one sitting :goodvibes
Great job!
Looks like you and your Dad had a really great time. I've often wondered how I would cope with so many sea days but it looks like there is plenty to keep you occupied :thumbsup2
It's sweet that you missed your girlfriend so much, maybe you will talk her into cruising someday!
Anyway, thanks for a very entertaining TR
Lx

Thanks for taking the time to write this up :) Just tell Gemma to come visit the cruise boards, we'll have her converted soon enough. For years I put off cruising because I thought I would be too claustrophobic on board a ship. These boards helped me take that first step, and then I was totally hooked on cruising .. even in an inside cabin! :goodvibes

Thank you for your great report, David. We were on this awesome cruise as well. I even saw me in some of those photos.
It was like reliving that trip again. :thumbsup2
Thank you once again.
Cheers,
Chris

Hey - I just spent the last hour reading your EBTA trip report - which I thoroughly enjoyed but so sad to read that this will be your last cruise!

I do hope that you get to take Gemma to WDW soon and that I am sure will be a great trip report to read.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your trip reports - this one and previous ones :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for posting David - a wonderful trip! It's made me really miss the Magic :(

Good luck with the new chapter in your life - I hope to read a new trip report soon though!

Jo xx

Thanks David, a wonderful trip report as per usual from you. I hope that Gemma likes her presents and it sounds like you will have a great future together, and who knows you could go on a taster cruise and she may well love it.:)

Thanks David, a wonderful trip report as per usual from you. I hope that Gemma likes her presents and it sounds like you will have a great future together, and who knows you could go on a taster cruise and she may well love it.:)

Thanks Andrea. :goodvibes Gemma did like the present but unfortunately the chain is too short so we're looking at different options now to make it wearable. :thumbsup2

David,

Thank you so much for you TR. :surfweb: I so enjoyed the descriptions and photos, especially the photo of you and your Dad. It brought tears to my eyes. Gemma is very lucky.:love:

My DH and I are considering this cruise...you made it come to life.:cheer2:

David,

Thank you so much for you TR. :surfweb: I so enjoyed the descriptions and photos, especially the photo of you and your Dad. It brought tears to my eyes. Gemma is very lucky.:love:

My DH and I are considering this cruise...you made it come to life.:cheer2:

Awww thank you. I feel very lucky to have Gemma as well. I'm glad you enjoyed the report and hope you will take the cruise, it's a grat one to do.

Fantastic trippie as always!! :thumbsup2

Exciting times for you, I hope you do get back to Disney soon though! pixiedust:

Thanks Jen. It is exciting times - I proposed to Gemma in August, she accepted and we are now planning a wedding for May 2016. :cool1: Unfortunately the company I work for went bust last week so I'm now out of a job and hunting for something nearer where Gemma works so we can find somewhere suitable for both of us to live together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter