Crocs with socks?

Do you wear your Crocs with socks?

• Yes

• No

• Wow, I never thought of that!

Results are only viewable after voting.

DiRTyBuNNy

Remembers a time when ducks were mighty and Disney
I just wanted to know if there was anyone else that wears their crocs with socks? My current pair that I wear the most frequently is a pair of the Off-Road's (I'm waiting for the Pirate Crocs to be released) and for some reason Crocs seem to be more comfortable for me when wearing socks (usually no-show or low cut) and my feet get less dried out and uncomfortable that way...anyone else have the same problem or just wear socks for no reason at all?

--Mr. DB

I bought crocs in EPCOT because my foot swelled in my sneakers. I had to keep socks on with them to control the swelling. The one day I didn't I had Mickey heads on my foot LOL

I wear my crocs with and without socks. . .at work I wear them with socks, at play I wear them without socks. I have worn them on a 3 day trip to DLC with no socks and no foot issues. . .it was great that my legs never got tired. . .

I am now a huge crocs fan even though I still think they are the ugliest shoes ever. . .

Ah..that reminds me..another reason I wear socks is to avoid the sunburn/suntan dots that you get on your feet from the holes on the top of Crocs..

--Mr. DB

I'll wear my Caymans either way, but I usually wear socks with my Mary Janes, I guess they just feel more like regular shoes. I will say that if I go to Disneyland in my Caymans, I always have a pair of socks in my diaper bag in case my feet get too hot and sweaty.

I just wanted to know if there was anyone else that wears their crocs with socks? My current pair that I wear the most frequently is a pair of the Off-Road's (I'm waiting for the Pirate Crocs to be released) and for some reason Crocs seem to be more comfortable for me when wearing socks (usually no-show or low cut) and my feet get less dried out and uncomfortable that way...anyone else have the same problem or just wear socks for no reason at all?

--Mr. DB

only wore socks with my crocs when we were in WDW 12/06 - cold!

Michelle in NY, will be sans socks next week at WDW in my Caymans and Athens :banana:

If my feet are cold, I wear socks with everything!!!!:rotfl: At WDW, I didn't wear socks with my crocs and I did fine. I saw people with and without last August. I guess it is the wearer's choice.

I cannot stand to wear any type of shoe without socks. ICK!

Slightly off-topic here - but are the Disney Crocs as comfortable as the regular Crocs? Someone I know said they'd heard a few people comment that they weren't.

And do you follow the sizing recommendations? (i.e. lots of space between the foot and sides/tops/backs of crocs?) I'm thinking of trying them...

I usually buy a smaller size than they say to get in crocs. I have the disney ones (black with red strap), and originally I asked for a medium size (I wear a women's size 8) and it was WAY too big- it was falling off my feet... and they said it was "supposed" to be like that. So then I got the small size (6 I think) and it was perfect. I think they are pretty comfortable, but I'd rather wear my rainbow sandals walking around disney. As far as socks go.... just in the winter! lol

Slightly off-topic here - but are the Disney Crocs as comfortable as the regular Crocs? Someone I know said they'd heard a few people comment that they weren't.

And do you follow the sizing recommendations? (i.e. lots of space between the foot and sides/tops/backs of crocs?) I'm thinking of trying them...

I have the Disney crocs and the regular crocs. Here's my opinion on why the Disney crocs aren't as comfy - if you compare the two side by side, you will notice that the strap is way shorter, which pushes your toes up and jams them into the front of the shoe. I am thinking about going to the mall and buying those adjustable straps for Crocs and seeing if that helps for the Disney pair.

I am right in the middle for sizing, which is really frustrating! I am a 9 1/2. they sell 8-9 and 10-11 if I remember right. I fit the 8-9 way better than the 10-11. EXCEPT for the Disney crocs. Like I said, my toes are jammed in - but the next size up was still way too big - even in Disney Crocs!

--Mr. DB

edited

I have the Disney crocs and the regular crocs. Here's my opinion on why the Disney crocs aren't as comfy - if you compare the two side by side, you will notice that the strap is way shorter, which pushes your toes up and jams them into the front of the shoe. I am thinking about going to the mall and buying those adjustable straps for Crocs and seeing if that helps for the Disney pair.

I am right in the middle for sizing, which is really frustrating! I am a 9 1/2. they sell 8-9 and 10-11 if I remember right. I fit the 8-9 way better than the 10-11. EXCEPT for the Disney crocs. Like I said, my toes are jammed in - but the next size up was still way too big - even in Disney Crocs!

You can stretch the back strap on the crocs. This is a recommendation on the crocs website for those that are the in-between sizes. Give it a try. I don't use my strap except for when I am on rides where my feet dangle (soarin) so don't notice my toes hitting the vent holes.

I got my first pair of Crocs (Mary Jane) yesterday and am happy to read this thread. I didn't know whether to wear socks?? I am not sure if I will take them to WDW as I get a steroid injection in my one foot before going to keep it from hurting and not sure if the Crocs would be as good as tennis shoes. What do you think??

I got my first pair of Crocs (Mary Jane) yesterday and am happy to read this thread. I didn't know whether to wear socks?? I am not sure if I will take them to WDW as I get a steroid injection in my one foot before going to keep it from hurting and not sure if the Crocs would be as good as tennis shoes. What do you think??

I would suggest that you wear your crocs for a day instead of normal shoes and see how they make you feel after a day on your feet. I would wear them every day if I didn't have to wear dress shoes at work.

As for socks...that's more or less a personal issue (hence the poll) and I do it because I get sweaty feet.

--Mr. DB

I wore the cheepy airwalks all last summer without socks and loved them. So when they wore out I bought some real crocs the same size. I wear size 8 1/2 in shoes so I bought size 8 in crocs because the 9's were way too big. I wore them around the house a couple of weeks before our Disney vacation-without socks. When I got to Disneyworld I discovered after the first day that both of my feet got blisters on the top. I borrowed a pair of my husbands socks- yes big ugly white tube socks. I didn't have the rubbing problem all week. But not only was I wearing ugly crocs but now I had the nerdy socks to go with them. Oh well better than blisters. Next time I will bring some socks that dont stick out.

I wear mine with socks that are a little shorter than ankle socks. If I dont wear socks, I get huge blisters on the top of my feet.

I wear socks with my crocs most of the time...I have to in order to wear them at work (and I can't wear anything else without extreme foot pain).
I LOVE MY CROCS!

Yeah I do and my wife calls me a dork as I have the caymans, but I am a comfortable dork.

I only wear socks w/ crocs in the winter or if I have jeans on. If I'm wearing shorts or capris there will be no socks w/ the crocs. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter