creme brulee cheesecake from DCL

cgdmom

Mouseketeer
We just returned from the DIseny Magic and I can't stop thinking about the creme brulee Cheese cake served in parrot Cay( I THink) Did anyone ever get this recipe? It was the best non-chocolate desert I've ever had!!!THanks Jill

Ooooh, I remember that one, it was so good! I'd be interested in that recipe, too!

Yummy. I'd like it, too. I'm dieting, but one of these days I'd like to make it. It was wonderful.

I have a creme brulee cheesecake recipe but I didn't get it from Disney. Just let me know if you want me to share....

Tina

I have not tasted the creme brulee cheesecake that cgdmom is talking about but, OurDogCisco if you don't mind sharing your recipe I would love to have it. My oldest DS' two favorite desserts are creme brulee and cheesecake. I would love to surprise him with this. Thanks.

Here you go. Basically this recipe is just cheesecake with the sugar top of the creme brulee. I'd love to see if Disney's is more custard like the actual creme brulee.

Cheesecake Brulee

24 oz cream cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
3 TBSP sour cream
3 eggs
6 TBSP heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 TBSP (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
3 TBSP light brown sugar

Position a rack in the center of an oven and preheat to 325F. Lightly butter a 9 inch springform pan. Have a pot of boiling water ready.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the cream cheese, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar and the sour cream until smoothed and blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs, heavy cream and vanilla and continue beating, scraping down the sides of the bowl, about 1 minute more.

In a small bowl, combine the graham crackers, butter and brown sugar and stir until blended. Transfer the crumb mixture to the prepared pan and using the back of a spoon, press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pan, spreading it evenly. Line the outside of the pan with aluminum foil, shiny side out. Place the cheesecake in a medium roating pan and add boiling water to fill the pan halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Bake unitl the filling is just set in the center, about 1 hour.

Transfer the cheesecake to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature. Remove the foil, cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.

To serve, remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup sugar evenly over the cheesecake. Using a kitchen torch, melt the sugar according to the caramelizing sugar instructuions until evenly melted and golden. Serves 10.

Enjoy

That sounds GREAT!! My Dad is having a beefsteak this weekend, I think I will make this and bring it as our "dish to pass":D

DCL's is on the custard side - I don't usually eat cheesecake (was violently ill after eating it when pregnant with DS :rolleyes: ) but did taste this and it was good. Not like a dense cheesecake at all.

However, the rest of my family loves cheesecake and creme brulee so I've printed the recipe!
Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter