Credit for Mousekeeping Rumor

Don't forget: the incorporated town of lake buena vista and the reedy creek improvement district - by Florida special bill in 1965 - has more home rule privileges than any other jurisdiction in the US...it's the American Vatican.

They have many doorstops/overrides that were built in case the locals ever became "hostile"...

Roy O Disney was very experience with Anaheim/Orange county at that point...it was his way or the highway.

Thats a good point I also forgot. It's definitely something interesting to watch. And I'm sure the state and county tends to handle them a little differently than the shops down the road. But they're also a huge pinata just waiting to open. But if they're looking for some creative accounting, I think there's some folks over here in IL with some experience in that...

Perhaps they can have a few rooms that are entirely empty. Like a campsite, but it has 4 walls and a bathroom.

Bring your own inflatable mattress/ sheets/ toiletries/ fans/ portable AC units.....

More like a Hostel.

Prices starting at $99/night.

...I know...the prices on every single thing goes up every year if not more frequently...and we cheer for scraps..like dogs.

Thats a good point I also forgot. It's definitely something interesting to watch. And I'm sure the state and county tends to handle them a little differently than the shops down the road. But they're also a huge pinata just waiting to open. But if they're looking for some creative accounting, I think there's some folks over here in IL with some experience in that...

You know...I was just reading the Illinois thing today...I had no idea. I expect Kansas to bankrupt themselves - they sit on their brains and expect space gods to provide - but I'm very ashamed of the Illini...

You know...I was just reading the Illinois thing today...I had no idea. I expect Kansas to bankrupt themselves - they sit on their brains and expect space gods to provide - but I'm very ashamed of the Illini...

Yeah it's a mess, years of corruption unchecked, a governor who fancies himself the next Scott Walker. Neither side looks good. I've lived in this state for 30 of my 34 years and I'm seriously concerned moving back here wasn't good for the long term.

Now hold on a second there, Mrs. Drysdale. The Clampetts may have been about as country as a polecat in the Smokies, but I reckon they wern't dirty people. They had that there cement pond and it kep 'em real clean.

;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Seriously it took long enough for one of my Southern neighbors over yonder to get riled.

Perhaps they can have a few rooms that are entirely empty. Like a campsite, but it has 4 walls and a bathroom.

Bring your own inflatable mattress/ sheets/ toiletries/ fans/ portable AC units.....

More like a Hostel.

Prices starting at $99/night.
Yeah, not so interested in that.

But heck, about half of the time, we already pack our own pillows. My husband is pretty picky about his.

I'm not interested in camping. And it doesn't matter whether or not it has walls, ceiling and a bathroom.

Trying? For some reason? Looking at the replies on here-its already clear consumers have a monetary interest.

It is at the expense of jobs to take the gift card, but certainly up to individual choice IMO.
I would forgo cleaning for 20 bucks a day. Hell, my husband was actually considering the dvc tour because they were offering us a 100 dollar gc. I didn't want to wasye vacation time doing it though.

The hostel idea would have appealed to me in my younger days and would have a following today.
Oooh..... "Hostel Springs"..... I like it! It could be the new $100 price point resort when the current value resorts become moderates.

Oooh..... "Hostel Springs"..... I like it! It could be the new $100 price point resort when the current value resorts become moderates.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Only if they take out the beds and install 3 bunkbeds and :crowded::crowded: 6 can stay without an extra adult fee.

The hostel idea would definitely gain traction. Young adults traveling with friends, rope drop-to-close park touring styles... very feasible

I'm shocked they aren't considering housekeeping as an upcharge instead. ;)

Seriously, no chance would I take a payoff for no housekeeping. It's one of the things I love about vacation.

I worry that's the back end of this test. First discount rooms $20 a day and set housekeeping as an up charge. Then increase the price of the room an extra $5 a year for 4 years. Perfect.

If this becomes standard - I'm guessing they're going to make people choose this in advance of check-in so that they can manage labor? I'm not familiar with managing this type of workforce, would anyone have any thoughts?

If this becomes standard - I'm guessing they're going to make people choose this in advance of check-in so that they can manage labor? I'm not familiar with managing this type of workforce, would anyone have any thoughts?

Rest assured...
...and then always offer it at an upcharge after the fact.

I worry that's the back end of this test. First discount rooms $20 a day and set housekeeping as an up charge. Then increase the price of the room an extra $5 a year for 4 years. Perfect.
I would be amazed that any hotel or resort would consider this. Yes, even Disney.

A resort fee, sure. But most hotels in the area already charge a resort fee. Heck, many of them charge for parking. Daily parking. I couldn't believe it when we stayed off site. $17 daily parking fee, plus the $20 resort fee.

Time shares? Fine, have weekly housekeeping. It is suppose to be a home away from home. Unless I pay for it, I don't get daily housekeeping at my home, I certainly don't expect it at my "second home." A hotel? Yes, if I want housekeeping, I expect to have it. And it seems to be an industry standard.

I would be amazed that any hotel or resort would consider this. Yes, even Disney.

A resort fee, sure. But most hotels in the area already charge a resort fee. Heck, many of them charge for parking. Daily parking. I couldn't believe it when we stayed off site. $17 daily parking fee, plus the $20 resort fee.

Time shares? Fine, have weekly housekeeping. It is suppose to be a home away from home. Unless I pay for it, I don't get daily housekeeping at my home, I certainly don't expect it at my "second home." A hotel? Yes, if I want housekeeping, I expect to have it. And it seems to be an industry standard.

...the point is...you don't pay what disney charges per night for "magic"...you're already paying way more per night for Hotel services including housekeeping...

I am sorry but people are gross. Housekeeping is really for the benefit of the hotel not the guests. Someone spills one of their refillable mugs of coke on the carpet, now that stain won't be taken care of until check out. Overflowing trash bins are only an invitation to mice, bugs and other pests. People leave wet towels on the floor causing mold. Instead of vacuuming a little sand tracked into the room from one day daily now you have a week or two worth. Ew! Overall, it's not a good idea to forego housekeeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter