cracked heels??

The Princess

<font color=green>Smiles everytime a check is writ
I always wear flip flops so I think this is why I now have cracked heels. I bought an over the counter ointment but it doesn't seem to help does anyone have any other ideas what I could do to help?

not sure if it is due to the flip flops, but in the winter when my heels get dry, I use Aquaphor ( like vaseline) that comes in a jar...I have a smallyube for my lips that I use as well...matter of fact it is the ONLY balm I use.

I have had the same problem with my heels. Very cracked and dry and I only get it in the summer when I live in flip flops. Here's what works for me and takes about a week or so until my heels are back to being nice and smooth. I bought a pumice stone in the foot care section at Walmart and used it on my heels every day in the shower. I also bought some lotion (Freeman Foot Care, also bought at Walmart) and used that twice a day. Now I'm down to only using the pumice stone about 1x per week but still using the foot lotion and no more cracked heels.

You need as others have said a combination of exfoliation and intensive rehydration.

The best had skin or foot emolients contain urea, which you would not be able to use on regular skin.

In the UK, the best foot cream we can get comes from Australia and it is called 'Flexitol' heal balm. They use it in nursing homes and I will fix cracked heels in 2 -4 weeks.

http://www.amazon.com/Flexitol-Heel...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1249211860&sr=8-1

After this, use a regular moisturiser , look for those containing Tea Tree oil which acts as an antimicrobial to keep bacteria at bay.

I read about this on the Cosmetic Cop's website and it seems to work.

Buy some of those Stridex Medicated Acne pads. They contain the highest amount of salysilic (sp) acid (the same that are in the foot creams). After your shower/bath, rub the pads over the affected areas, then apply a heavy cream like Aquaphor or Vaseline, and then put socks on for at least an hour (overnight is best). Every few days, use a stone or one of those other tools to removed dead skin. You should be looking better in a week and then you can do the treatment periodically.

Mine are always like this. I use a foot scrapper and lotion. I believe it's by Gold Bond, It's a small blue bottle that costs about $5 at Walmart. Does a really good job!

I recently realized I hadn't been taking care of my feet either lately. I use the ped egg, or anything else like it, gently of course. And Olay Body Quench therapy. It's for extremely dry skin and it works great.

I will try the Stridex to see if it helps too.

My wife is a Type 1 diabetic (since age 6) and has had to deal with problem skin on her feet and hands for her entire adult life. She found the cure in udder cream...

Try the Ped egg ! It works great. Then use Eucerin cream on your heels, and put on white socks to wear overnight. Your feet will feel wonderful in the morning!

I use Burt's Bees foot lotion. I have never had softer feet with any other product.

It doesn't hurt anything. You gently rub in on the hard parts and it takes forever to overdo it.
The only thing I recommend is don't use it on wet skin. It would clog up the thingy.
You are in complete control of it. You would have to press very hard to get close to doing damage. And like I said, it takes forever to overdo it, so you don't have to worry about that. Just do some everyday and moisturize.
Put good moisturizer on, let it soak in, then something like vaseline, and socks overnight.

OP, Miracle Foot Repair. It is fabulous. It is $10.00 and you can purchase it at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Target, CVS, I have even seen it at Bed Bath & Beyond at their check-out. It is also highly recommended for diabetics.

The deal with foot creams, OP, is that you have to be diligent about putting the cream on your feet. Night and day until you love the way your feet look then once a day. Also, wearing allot of flipflops like I do in CA., I get a pedicure at least every 4-5 weeks. :thumbsup2

21F2AuGA0VL__SL500_AA200_.jpg

Product Description

Are your feet so embarrassingly dry and cracked that they rip your stockings? Are calluses and itchy feet driving you crazy? Then you need Miracle Foot Repair. An amazing new miracle cream that instantly relieves dry, cracked, itchy feet from the very first time you use it, guaranteed. Just apply Miracle Foot Repair and watch. Dry, bumpy skin becomes baby soft. Cracked, hard heels that rip cotton, transform to smooth, silky skin overnight. Even calluses, cracks, and odors disappear like magic. The secret is aloe-vera, certified by the International Aloe Science Council. With the ability to effectively penetrate through layers of skin, speed up cell renewal, and repair dry, cracked skin. Your feet will look and feel ten years younger. Your feet can become dry like a sponge. But Miracle Foot Repair penetrates feet, giving you smooth, soft, supple feet. Some products only have 5% aloe-vera, but Miracle Foot Repair contains 60% of certified aloe-vera. So kick off your shoes and have the feet of your dreams

Ped egg all the dead dry skin off and then A&D ointment slathered on the feet and wear socks overnight if you can stand socks at night.

I can't stand my toes being in socks at night, so I bought these. They cover the heels but my toes are free, so I am able to wear them all night.

I googled "Heel repair socks" to find them.

http://www.footsmart.com/Product.as...permguid=2f363a6e-c86f-443f-bb3e-8d99be4ad54e

Once I get them under control, I use a cream called Rexeme to keep them good. Go to rexeme.com. It's the best I've found.

I've used most of the foot creams mentioned here but my all time favorite is Camille Beckman citrus mint foot therapy. I also use a pumice stone in the shower and use a Peg Egg about once a month. It's been years now since I got a cracked heal, but before I discovered the Ped Egg, I would get them occasionally in the winter. The Camille Beckman foot therapy worked miracles in curing my feet. I bought a two pound tub and divided it up, and gave it to all my friends and family. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Camille-Beckman-Therapy-Refill-Citrus/dp/B000LUMWR8

My cousin swears by Blue Goo.It comes in a little blue jar and you can buy it at Wal Mart. I forgot to add she said it costs 1.97. She saw results in 1 week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter