Crab legs at Cape May thread-crab legs still going strong! :)

What?! Oh forget that. The rest of the food was no biggie at all so I'll be canceling this pretty much pronto.

Don't cancel yet. They are still serving the crab legs for now. If you read back a few pages on this thread you'll see that the crab legs are still being served. So far management at Cape May is still denying the rumor that the crab legs are going away, so I think they are there to stay.

Someone posted a direct phone number for Cape May a few pages back as well so that you can call and verify prior to your trip that they are still there.

Probably not until Disney's online menu changes back to actually showing crab legs as an option on the dinner buffet. Right now all the dinner menu shows is the following...which seems rather sparse....: :rotfl2:

Cape May Cafe Dinner Menu
Menu items and prices are subject to change without notice.
Meal
Dinner
Menu
Thanksgiving Kids' Offerings
Thanksgiving Kids' Offerings
Macaroni & Cheese
Fried Cod Nuggets
Glazed Carrots

Here is a link to Disney's actual menu if anyone is interested. It's been this way for at least a couple of weeks now. At least I know my girls are set if we choose to eat Thanksgiving dinner there.

We are planning a trip next month and have an ADR for Cape May. My husband's sole reason for going back to this place is the crab legs. I emailed WDW asking why there was no menu on the Disney World site for Cape May for dinner (last I checked it only posted kid's Thanksgiving meals). Here is the reply I received:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

At this time, the Chefs at Cape May Cafe are evaluating their dinner
menu to ensure the most up-to-date information is published for our
Guests' review online. Once the dinner menu is established and ready for
publication, you and all of our other beloved Guests will be able to
review the dining options available at Cape May Cafe for dinner.

We recommend checking back with us at the below URL, where the
information will be published:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/beach-club-resort/cape-may-cafe/menus/dinner/

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Sincerely,

Ann Smythe
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

I'm not sure how helpful this is other than recommending keeping an eye out for the new menu. I know if the crab legs are removed we will be cancelling our ADR.

We have an ADR Aug 30 under free dining. I got a PIN code to start free dining early before the Aug 31st date. Hoping they will hold off on any" new menu finalization" until after that at least. No crab legs = no go for us and we are looking foward to it!!

Disney is big on not putting everything in writing. If they have a specific menu then they are expected to offer those items. If crab is in short supply or the possibility exists that they will be pulling it for the season, they would rather not have it in writing.

Fulton's had a menu change last year that was never updated on the Disney website. We ate a Fulton because we want the item listed on the Disney site. We were disappointed and felt like we were lied to.

For months the management had requested that Disney update their site.

:earsboy: Bill

"beloved Guests" is pretty...um, over-the-top phrasing. Thanks for the giggle, Ms. Smythe.

So, the cost will remain at $40/pp, but may or may not include crab legs!?! I will be watching this thread closer to our trip in November, and won't be able to cancel quick enough if they cancel those crab legs.

Anybody ate at Cape May the last day or 2 to confirm that crab legs are still on the menu...

I believe it's safe to assume that the crab legs are still there until someone reports differently. Should they disappear, the hue and cry from disappointed souls will ring loudly on the DIS, I'm sure. ;)

I agree. It seems they are there for now. However, I am very curious to see if they will be available when free dining starts in a couple weeks.

I was at Cape May last night for free dining, and can absolutely confirm that they had tons of crab legs available, and they were pretty good too!

I believe that someone requested a picture of a bucket of crab held up beside the Cape May sign with a newspaper (date visible) as conclusive evidence, but I only managed to get a picture of the bucket, which I will happily post once I'm on my computer!

i was at cape may last night for free dining, and can absolutely confirm that they had tons of crab legs available, and they were pretty good too!

I believe that someone requested a picture of a bucket of crab held up beside the cape may sign with a newspaper (date visible) as conclusive evidence, but i only managed to get a picture of the bucket, which i will happily post once i'm on my computer!

Every time I see this thread bumped up I get nervous... expecting bad news.
We will be there in just 11 days.....
come on crab legs..... hang in there! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter