Covid Creativity

Had to dig to find this thread but wanted to share what i did today. Signed up with the store i bought my sewing machine from to take an online class on quilting with a walking foot. GAWD, even the prep was daunting but I soldiered on, with a bit of muttering and digging thru the scraps from my mask making to get a small (good grief even the wording is like a foreign language to me!) "quilt sandwich" I must admit I'm rather pleased with myself and might be pushing myself to do more of this! Not 1/2 bad for a first attempt??
That looks AMAZING!!!!!

Beware.,...taking one little quilting class can create a whole new expensive hobby!!!!!

I took a beginers quilting class 3 winters ago at a local fabric shop. I took the class as part of " my bucket list checks" that I want to do. That turned into me taking 2 more back to back because I soooooooooooooooo enjoyed it. 3 years later and 14 quilts later I'm still madly loving to create more quilts. I have a list of family members that are wanting a quilt. I'm now trying to learn more free motion quilting when " sandwiching " them together.

That one class created a quilting monster :rotfl: Quilting is my yoga.568418

Last edited:
Your free motion quilting is lovely.

I'm too "precise, balanced" Ok lets face it, "anal" to be able to do the free motion. I really wish I could. Maybe someday I'll loosen up and will be able to give it another try.

I love quilts ,,,,,
If freestyling mean running the stitch freely over the quilt---yeah it's very beautiful.
I often look at quilts online.
I have no talent in that area other than appreciating all your wonderful skills!

Thanks for sharing.
1618422968861.png
Hugs
Mel

My latest covid project is painting the spindles and risers of my staircases white. I have 175 spindles to paint!!!! What better time to get it done?!!!
With all my repainted project money...I'm pooling that for little home reno projects!!!! DH might not be so happy when we sees what I have in store for him :rotfl: It's amazing how fast that money adds up. 50.00 here, 125 there, etc etc etc. I've got a nice little envelope of money already lol.

Donald...that is awesome!!! Your ability for creating patterns is amazing!!!!!!!!!! I can alter and adapt patterns as needed, but to create a pattern,,,that take talent!!!! You are so creative!!!!

I’m about halfway through knitting my mom a sweater but I can’t stop knitting myself summer tops. This is part of the front half of a cotton lace button up tank I started yesterday.

Those are both beautiful. Knitting has always been on my bucket list of things to learn. Hopefully one day, I will be able to find someone patient enough to teach me.

I hope you will post the finished projects!!!!

Those are both beautiful. Knitting has always been on my bucket list of things to learn. Hopefully one day, I will be able to find someone patient enough to teach me.

I hope you will post the finished projects!!!!

Hi yah Pumpkin Hon.
I hope today is going well and you are getting lots of rest.
I know you live a very busy and active life ,,,, so being stuck at home must be hard.

I always wanted to learn how to knit but I had a left handed mom who just couldn't seem to help me learn ,,,lol.

Today I had a look around a few sites looking for some crafts for adults to make.
Crafts by Amanda looks pretty good.
https://craftsbyamanda.com/category/craft-tutorials/adult-crafts/&
50 Fun Easy Crafts for Adults
https://diyjoy.com/fun-diy-ideas-adults/
Take good care of your self Hon.
We are thinking about you.
~~~~~Healing Hugs~~~~~~~~
Mel

I was thinking of try this to make a Mickey T -shirt.
What do yah think?
Well if you figure out how to make Mickey let us know so that can try that as well. My sister has always wanted to make the Mickey tie dye shirt that somebody posted on the creativity forum.
That is a brilliant video. I might have to give it a try also. DH got me a rainbow of sharpie markers a while back. Now I just need to get some white t shirts from Michaels. I could make matching t shirts for the family trip!
Yup show us when you are done.
Michaels is always having those shirts on sale but I am going to wait until they reopen so that I can check if they are 100%cotton and not a blend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter