• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Course by Course, One By One, 'Til You Shout "Enough I'm Done" Sept 2014 TR LINK!!!

Your food minus the shrimp, only because I hate seafood, looks so yummy! I also love macro pictures so I'm loving the pics your sharing too :) can't wait to follow along with you two again :)

Oh man I really hope these are your costumes!

18jmjhxqpdncajpg.jpg

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Mmmmm!! Looks good! I don't like seafood but I can appreciate the pretty and just the time that probably went into both meals! Fun idea to help with the countdown!!

Your food minus the shrimp, only because I hate seafood, looks so yummy! I also love macro pictures so I'm loving the pics your sharing too :) can't wait to follow along with you two again :)

I am starting to learn that bunches of people don't like seafood! It is crazy too because pretty much where I live, everyone loves seafood! I absolutely LOVE to cook, it is one of my favorite hobbies! Anytime I can recreate something I had at Disney World, is pretty much a win for me, it almost makes me feel like I am back down there experiencing it all over again!

So glad that you are joining us on this one! Won't be too much longer and I will be able to start this one up for real!! :goodvibes

Oh man I really hope these are your costumes!

18jmjhxqpdncajpg.jpg

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Mmmmm!! Looks good! I don't like seafood but I can appreciate the pretty and just the time that probably went into both meals! Fun idea to help with the countdown!!

LOL!! Those can't be our costumes! That is what we look like every day!! :rotfl2:

I know you don't like seafood!! Makes me sad! :sad1: The second one is beef though! I think tonight I am going to make a chicken dish! So there, you have two options other than seafood! :cheer2: I seriously LOVE to cook! The only problem I have afterwards is cleaning up the mess, I really tend to make a big mess when I cook! I need like one of those commercial kitchen sink areas where I have a gigantic sprayer to hose everything down! :thumbsup2

Your food pics look great! I cannot wait to get to EPCOT for the F&W fun! I swear it's all my husband talks about! :)
That really stinks about the villains party. I hope your upcoming trip totally makes up for it. pixiedust:
Is your costume Mine Train related?

Your food pics look great! I cannot wait to get to EPCOT for the F&W fun! I swear it's all my husband talks about! :)
That really stinks about the villains party. I hope your upcoming trip totally makes up for it. pixiedust:
Is your costume Mine Train related?

Aww thanks! I love food!! I have a lot in common with your husband...LOL...I have been watching youtube videos, making food, writing lists of food, all for the F&W Festival! When I say it is my favorite thing to do at WDW, it really is! I look forward to it so much every year! I keep wanting to make my list longer but then I realize that we will literally only have one early afternoon there on this September trip, I have to remind myself to keep it somewhat small and that I will get to go again later on!

Yeah, Villains was a little of a let down...but luckily, I have almost completely forgotten all of the bad things about it, and am focusing on the positive things. Like I seriously make myself a Pain and Panic Punch every day! I now keep pineapple juice, grenadine, and ginger ale in stock at my house! That drink is great!

OMG, I just read over what I wrote about the costumes, it totally sounds like we are going to be something from Mine Train! That is a great guess! :thumbsup2 You will have to wait and see if it is right!! :idea:

pixiedust:pixiedust: 12 Days To Go! pixiedust:pixiedust:

We are less than two weeks away from our next trip to Walt Disney World and today, we decided to make a dessert to get ready! Even though we had a rough time at Villains Unleashed, the food there was amazing! One of my favorite things we had there was the Maleficent Cupcake! I just had to try and recreate it at home! Boy was it a success, not only was it as good as the one we had there, it was even better!!

b1dd9646-b4d1-40e4-906c-6c7b0bd1a22f_zpsb5a0a7fa.jpg

It is a Dark Chocolate Cupcake with Blackberry filling and Blackberry Butter Cream on top!! Yummmmmmy!!! I was so happy with the way this turned out, I started a blog about recreating my disney favorites at home, that way if I make something really good, I can share it with everyone else!

CupcakeInside_zpseb5b73c5.jpg

If you want the recipe for the cupcakes, I will put a link to the blog here, so you can check it out and make them for yourself!! We LOVE them!!! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Spoonful of Pixie Dust Blog!

Oooohh! Looks good and what a cute picture! Also very fun to to blog about the Disney recipe making experience!

Wooohoo! 14 days to go!

Oooohh! Looks good and what a cute picture! Also very fun to to blog about the Disney recipe making experience!

Wooohoo! 14 days to go!

I swear I took like a hundred photos of those darn cupcakes before I got one that I actually liked! Hopefully the more food I make, the better the photos will turn out!

I am so excited only 11 more days, and I get to go get some more food!:goodvibes

:banana::banana::banana: 10 Days To Go! :banana::banana::banana:

In just 10 days, we are going to be headed down to that wonderful place we know and love called the Walt Disney World Resort! Oh man oh man! Food & Wine Festival, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Chef's Table at Victoria & Albert's!! I absolutely cannot wait! We got our Magic Bands in the mail, so I was so happy about that, it always means it is getting really close!

Today on a lovely rainy Sunday morning I decided to make yet another recipe inspired by something we have eaten at Disney World. Not just anywhere at Disney World though, at our favorite restaurant on property...you know what I am talking about! Victoria & Albert's! I took on the challenge of recreating the Summer Herb Brioche they serve as the 2nd bread course during the meal. I have never made brioche before, so this was my first time. I was actually really happy with the way it turned out!! I put the recipe and photos of it up on the blog in case anyone wants to try and make it yourself...because it was delicious and awesome, and made me even more excited to go eat there on the 20th!!!

Oh wow! Those look delicious!! And while there it is a bit time consuming something I could see me trying one day! Nomnomnom! :cutie:

What a great idea for a blog! :worship: I like the idea of Disney dishes before a trip, and your creations are amazing. I'm inspired. I think I might have to give the shrimp tacos a try, so thank you for sharing the recipe.

Your upcoming trip sounds delicious. I've never heard of the Golden Isles, but I'm sure you'll take some great pictures. Panera for tradition (and yummy food.) I'm thinking you've got some difficult decisions at the Food and Wine festival.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Villains Unleashed. The spontaneous one-night trip was such a fun idea, but I would have been disappointed at only three characters, too. I think it's awesome that you are keeping your planned trips and have chosen to not dwell on the negative. :thumbsup2

V&A chef's table...I can't even begin to imagine. Please take lots of pictures!

Also, I've been racking my brain trying to think what your costumes could be. Are you dressing up like the Country Bears? The rope and LED lights...are you going to be the final steamship float from Fantasmic!? I know...are you going to be the head of Madame Leota? Jeremy could be the bell and trumpet floating around you...hee-hee. Although I (obviously) have no clue, I'm sure they'll be great. As always, great job...and thanks for sharing.

Oh wow! Those look delicious!! And while there it is a bit time consuming something I could see me trying one day! Nomnomnom! :cutie:

They were delicious! I was soooo proud of them afterwards! I was literally in shock that I could make something at home that was as good as anything we have had at Victoria & Albert's! The actual active process of the bread didn't take as much time as I thought it would, I did other things around the house while the bread was fermenting, or proofing, or baking! So really it felt like I didn't do very much with it at all! You should try it! :thumbsup2

What a great idea for a blog! :worship: I like the idea of Disney dishes before a trip, and your creations are amazing. I'm inspired. I think I might have to give the shrimp tacos a try, so thank you for sharing the recipe.

Your upcoming trip sounds delicious. I've never heard of the Golden Isles, but I'm sure you'll take some great pictures. Panera for tradition (and yummy food.) I'm thinking you've got some difficult decisions at the Food and Wine festival.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Villains Unleashed. The spontaneous one-night trip was such a fun idea, but I would have been disappointed at only three characters, too. I think it's awesome that you are keeping your planned trips and have chosen to not dwell on the negative. :thumbsup2

V&A chef's table...I can't even begin to imagine. Please take lots of pictures!

Also, I've been racking my brain trying to think what your costumes could be. Are you dressing up like the Country Bears? The rope and LED lights...are you going to be the final steamship float from Fantasmic!? I know...are you going to be the head of Madame Leota? Jeremy could be the bell and trumpet floating around you...hee-hee. Although I (obviously) have no clue, I'm sure they'll be great. As always, great job...and thanks for sharing.

Thank you! I thought it would be a pretty cool blog, I looked around to see if there was one like it but didn't see anything? The shrimp tacos are so simple, but really good, I am excited to try the new version at the festival this year!

Making decisions at the F&W Festival is always difficult, this time we only really have one day there for me to choose food for, so it is going to be tough! At least we do get to go back in October to try more food!

Yeah, those cupcakes came from Villains Unleashed so I can't be too upset right!! And then, I literally make that Pain & Panic Punch drink every single day! Hmm..maybe I should do a blog post on that, even though it is the most simple thing ever! I mean, pineapple juice, grenadine, and ginger ale! Mmmm :goodvibes

I hope to take LOTS of photos at the Chef's table, I almost want to take a notebook and write down how they are preparing all of the dishes...HAHA I need to remind myself I am not going to a cooking class, but to an actual 5 diamond restaurant...haha :rotfl2: So, fingers crossed, I won't be too entranced by the action and I will remember to take all of those photos that I want!

Those ideas are awesome!! If I had a group of people, that Fantasmic Steamship idea would be amazing!! Hmmm, Madame Leota, I could wear like what a black unitard or something, I wonder if I could make breathing holes in the head piece? You have given me some good ideas for next year!! I can't wait for everyone to see our costumes!! These guesses are all so great!! :thumbsup2

:yay::yay::yay: 8 Days To Go!! :yay::yay::yay:

I am having so much fun making food, it is silly! Yesterday for lunch, I know this a horrible lunch, but who cares, I made the Spiced Pumpkin Waffle Sundae from the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! Oh my gosh, you guys! It was sooo yummy! I even made homemade soft serve ice cream! We made a little plan change too. Oh and Happy Dance, Magic Bands came yesterday!! Whoop Whoop!! :dance3:

So instead of having dinner at either Smokehouse or the Food Trucks at Downtown Disney on the first day, we made a reservation to go to Kona Cafe! We really love Kona, and they have really yummy appetizers there, so I think we are just going to go there, get a few apps to split, then make our way over to Contemporary for the cupcakes! Originally we were going to go to Kona Island, but it is closed at the moment for everything refurbing at the Poly, so we went ahead and made the reservation! So back to the waffles! If you would like to try and make them too, here is the link to the blog and recipe!! I am so excited, 8 More Days To Go!!

Spoonful of Pixie Dust Blog!

WaffleSundaeMain_zps34ec55a4.jpg

Oooh! I like the idea of Kona and then cupcakes! That will be sooo yummy!!!

Those waffles look so good! We don't have a waffle maker but I'm thinking we are going to have to change that now!! nomnomnom :hyper:

Those Waffles look AMAZING!!!!! Stuff like that make me hate my 10 gram sugar limit per meal! Makes me want to indulge, but then I will be so sick...:sick: Hmmm... maybe mini size :idea:....will have to try that.

Oooh! I like the idea of Kona and then cupcakes! That will be sooo yummy!!!

Those waffles look so good! We don't have a waffle maker but I'm thinking we are going to have to change that now!! nomnomnom :hyper:

Yeah, I am so looking forward to Kona! I think I may have a little trouble deciding what to get though, I want the Pot Stickers, the Sticky Wings, the Caterpillar Roll...lol...and Jeremy wants the Bread! I know I definitely don't want to ruin my cupcake appetite though!

I think we got our first waffle maker last year, my mom always made waffles while I was growing up but we never really got one for ourselves until recently. I was doing waffles day every Sunday morning for a while, then when we started trying to lose weight we stopped that...haha :rotfl2:

Those Waffles look AMAZING!!!!! Stuff like that make me hate my 10 gram sugar limit per meal! Makes me want to indulge, but then I will be so sick...:sick: Hmmm... maybe mini size :idea:....will have to try that.

Aww, thank you so much!! We really enjoyed them! Last night we ate the leftover waffle batter with bacon and maple syrup and had sort of a breakfast supper!

I don't think I would know how to eat a 10 gram sugar limit at a meal. One of my favorite drinks has pineapple juice in it, and I know that 6 oz of pineapple juice has 22 grams! :eek: I have a hard enough time counting calories in meals, I can't really imagine figuring out how much sugar would be in one too :worship: Do you eat lots of sugar free things? Like using sugar substitutes or just go really bare on actual sugar?

:banana::banana::banana: 7 Days To Go! :banana::banana::banana:

One week from today we will be on the road!! Even though we do go to Disney quite often, I still get really excited when it gets this close to a trip.

Updates:
Our Hats for our Halloween Costumes arrived yesterday afternoon!! I think they are going to go so well with what we have planned!! :hyper: We only have a few things left to do with them, and they will be ready to pack up with the rest of our things!

Jeremy had to go to a last minute mandatory meeting for work 4 hours away today! He had to get up at 4:30 this morning to drive to that meeting. That is always yucky, being out of town is no fun! The meeting isn't supposed to end until about 7:00 tonight, so that means he won't be home until almost midnight maybe...yuck!!

I though of what food dish I am going to be making next though, it has been getting cooler around here, so I am going to make the Potato Leek Soup from Be Our Guest! It is so good, and I love soup!

Thursday King Candy is due for his 20,000 mile checkup at the VW Dealership. So we are going to have to take him to Wilmington, it will be good though because it will give me a chance to go to Whole Foods to buy the stuff for my soup! I just love looking around in Whole Foods, there are always so many things that I want to try in there that my regular grocery store doesn't offer.

So every day I have been making that Pain & Panic punch from Villains Unleashed, I mean literally every day. So this morning when I made one, I decided to do a blog post about it, so now you guys can make one too if you so choose! Be warned, they are pretty yummy! I even stuck the glow cube in it today that I got in the one I had at the party! It is like a poison apple one, so fun, nothing like sitting at home drinking a Pain & Panic punch with a glow cube in it :rotfl2:

PunchWeckJar_zpsf72495f2.jpg

Spoonful of Pixie Dust Blog

I think that is everything for now! Soon we are going to start packing and getting everything ready for the trip, I know soon I am going to have to wash King Candy, he always needs to be clean before we go on a drive like that! Woohoo 7 more days to go! I am already dreaming about Food & Wine at night, not to mention the Halloween Party and Victoria & Albert's! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter