Couple sneaks Wedding in the Tiki Room~Feelings? and other sneaky things done in the parks

LoveThatMouse!

DIS Veteran
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/couple-sneaks-their-wedding-into-disneyland/

Above report about a couple who sneaks their wedding (with 25 guests) into the Tiki Room to avoid paying Disney wedding cost. Wedding held in the 4 minutes from the opening of the doors to the beginning of the show.

I, for one. would prefer seeing this type of activity in the que as opposed to a Brawl in the Line at Test Track at Epcot.

Has anyone ever seen sneaky things like this done before? What are your feelings on if this is appropriate?

I think if there were other people in the show at the same time, it would be rude/awkward.

As for Disney charging ridiculous prices for allowing you to have your wedding in the park: Bunch of money hungry jerks if you ask me.

Whatever. If you're happy with a 90 second wedding, then go for it.

I don't think it can be justified by complaining about the expensive sanctioned ceremonies offered by Disney though. If you can't afford it, don't do it.

Regardless, I would have found it cute, and would not have complained. A few minutes of awkward isn't a big deal in a theme park.

I keep telling my DS and almost DIL that we could so do this!! My dad is a minister so we already have that covered! I would choose a different setting, but if they like the Tiki Room, go for it!

As long as it's not an excessive amount of people and you are discreet, who cares? Now if you had 50 people and held up the line or the show or blocked someone's view, that's different. We had a small "thing" ourselves while we at WDW and no one was the wiser and we have an awesome memory and an experience that no one else (that I know of) has!

I was thinking of getting hitched in Yosemite. Some people choose well known scenic sites although I don't think there's any licensing fee from the park service other than maybe commercial photography permits. A couple just got married on Half Dome. I've found a wedding service that includes elopements. They suggest that some random passerby can be found to be a witness.

Now I suppose Disney is another matter. As a private company they obviously are looking at controlling unauthorized activity as well as charging for certain things.

Last edited:
I think it's cute, especially since nobody else was inconvenienced. I'd love to get to see that happen on a trip sometime!

My daughter still talks about the time a guy dropped down on one knee right next to us while waiting for Wishes and proposed to his girlfriend. I imagine she'd love telling a story about a stealth wedding too!

It wouldn't bother me a bit as long as it didn't disrupt the operation of the parks. I would not like it if people started interrupting/delaying the show, or blocking walking paths while their guests gathered around them, but it doesn't sound like the example wedding did that.

(It's not the kind of wedding I would want for myself though. I am also too much of a rule follower to ever try it.)

Last edited:
I keep telling my DS and almost DIL that we could so do this!! My dad is a minister so we already have that covered! I would choose a different setting, but if they like the Tiki Room, go for it!

As long as it's not an excessive amount of people and you are discreet, who cares? Now if you had 50 people and held up the line or the show or blocked someone's view, that's different. We had a small "thing" ourselves while we at WDW and no one was the wiser and we have an awesome memory and an experience that no one else (that I know of) has!

Agreed.

Whatever. If you're happy with a 90 second wedding, then go for it.

I don't think it can be justified by complaining about the expensive sanctioned ceremonies offered by Disney though. If you can't afford it, don't do it.

Regardless, I would have found it cute, and would not have complained. A few minutes of awkward isn't a big deal in a theme park.

'Ooooh, they charge too much so I'm going to break the rules and sneak around.' :sad2:

That hits my hate spot.

I don't think it's a big deal as they kept it unobtrusive and didn't disrupt the show or anything. I don't think Disney would care too much as everybody in the party paid their admission. It's not a grand Disney wedding at 90 seconds long and probably doesn't actually hurt their real wedding business as it's a different market altogether. I'd love to see something like this! Did they let the happy couple wake up Jose?

Amazing, these guys are my heroes, they planned it specifically so it would be something that wasn't disrupting a show. I'd love to see something like this on a trip.

Hell, I'd love to DO something like this - but I can't afford to pay for park tickets for 30 people and I don't think most of my friends/family would be willing to spring so much for a 4-minute ceremony. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter