Couple questions for restaurant with a baby for the first time

Man, COVID really has changed things for people. I think as an essential employee I tend to forget that there really are people who haven't really gone anywhere for the past year +. Nothing changed for me except adding a mask and things being more difficult to get. Its so weird to me to think you've not been anywhere for long enough to change a diaper lol. Please don't think I'm being mean or anything, it just is really odd to me because I legit do not know a single person in real life who has been home like that. I think I would have gone nuts when my kids were babies being home ALL the time. Heck they are 7 & 10 and I hate when we are stuck at home even for a weekend. Sometimes when I read these threads it really hits me how much things have changed for a lot of people.
Things changed a lot for me with covid. I found out I was pregnant the day everything shut down. My job went entirely remote and I tried to social distance since I was pregnant. Then when I had the baby things hadn’t really gotten any better and Florida has always been a hot spot so I tried to distance to protect the baby. I got the vaccine so I feel a little better about going out now, but for the most part really don’t. We’ve gone to visit my parents one that’s been her longest drive so far and she’s been out to restaurants a few times and the zoo. But overall really haven’t gone anywhere since March 2020 so I am a little nervous for the trip but I am excited too. It’s definitely going to be an adventure for me since I exclusively pump and have to figure that out and being out long enough to need to change the baby out and about too all new experiences.

Man, COVID really has changed things for people. I think as an essential employee I tend to forget that there really are people who haven't really gone anywhere for the past year +. Nothing changed for me except adding a mask and things being more difficult to get. Its so weird to me to think you've not been anywhere for long enough to change a diaper lol. Please don't think I'm being mean or anything, it just is really odd to me because I legit do not know a single person in real life who has been home like that. I think I would have gone nuts when my kids were babies being home ALL the time. Heck they are 7 & 10 and I hate when we are stuck at home even for a weekend. Sometimes when I read these threads it really hits me how much things have changed for a lot of people.

my son was born in December 2019. We took him a lot of places until Covid hit. Then we barely left the house. He didn’t interact with any kids until we put him in daycare in January 2021, because we couldn’t work from home with him anymore.

my son was born in December 2019. We took him a lot of places until Covid hit. Then we barely left the house. He didn’t interact with any kids until we put him in daycare in January 2021, because we couldn’t work from home with him anymore.
Working from home full time is really hard with a baby. For now I’ll be toughing it out although it gets harder as she gets more mobile. The lack of baby interaction does bother me. She’s had one play date so far in 10 months, it’s hard to meet other moms with babies right now all the mommy and me classes are closed and none of my friends want children

Working from home full time is really hard with a baby. For now I’ll be toughing it out although it gets harder as she gets more mobile. The lack of baby interaction does bother me. She’s had one play date so far in 10 months, it’s hard to meet other moms with babies right now all the mommy and me classes are closed and none of my friends want children

If it makes you feel better, my son didn't have any problems acclimating to daycare despite never being around other kids. He still sometimes plays by himself and has a hard time sharing, but that's really any toddler. He still stays home two days a week and while he's really good at independent play, there are times he shoves toys at me and he doesn't understand "mommy has to work right now" so he throws a tantrum. :P

My younger daughter was born in August 2020. I did end up putting her into daycare once my husband went back to work after being unemployed for nearly a year. She was about 6.5 months old by the time we started. I don't live in a major hot spot (yet) and after we got vaccinated we started eating outdoors...with a brief foray into indoors in that 3 week period of the roaring 20s.
I already had an established daycare with my older kiddo, so I had a place I knew and trusted (and more importantly a space waiting for me)...I can't imagine being a first time mom in all this mess.

My younger daughter was born in August 2020. I did end up putting her into daycare once my husband went back to work after being unemployed for nearly a year. She was about 6.5 months old by the time we started. I don't live in a major hot spot (yet) and after we got vaccinated we started eating outdoors...with a brief foray into indoors in that 3 week period of the roaring 20s.
I already had an established daycare with my older kiddo, so I had a place I knew and trusted (and more importantly a space waiting for me)...I can't imagine being a first time mom in all this mess.
It is weird having my baby during all this. If covid wasn’t a thing so much would be different for us. The fact this will be our first time to Disney for her Is so strange. I had bought annual passes back in 2019 in preparation of having a baby that we still haven’t activated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter