Couple of questions for the future

plutofreak

See you in a month Mickey!!
Hey Girls, I have been addicted to this site for months now, I am not engaged but have been dating the same wonderful guy for many many years. I have thrown the idea around for a disney wedding and it seems it may be a possibility. So here are a couple of questions I have.

1.) Are you only allowed to get married at the locations shown of the website. BF and I are DVC members at OKW and absolutely love it that would be our Ideal location to be married.

2.) since we are DVC members and many of our family members also belong to DVC how does that work with the room blocks as it always been my mom's idea to rent a Grand Villa for family to stay in?

3.) Was it hard to have a destination wedding knowing that some of your family would not be able to attend?

I think that is all for now, you are all a true inspiration Thanks

I am a DVC member that just got married at Disney!!

1) There are lots of locations that aren't listed that you can use for your wedding. We really wanted a beach location so we discussed that with our consultant. I don't know anything specific about OKW though.

2) Rooms that you book at DVC resorts can count into your room minimum. We just provided our planner with the reservation numbers and they verified them and added them in. Keep in mind that the size of the unit and number of people in it has no bearing on the number of nights. If you stayed in the Grand Villa for a week, it would count as 7 nights, but a week in a studio would still count for the same. We had always talked about the GV as well, but decided that it made a lot more sense and was a lot more economical to do studios and one beds instead.

3) We knew that the most important people in our lives would be there. People had more than a years notice to save up and work out vacation time. We also got married on a Monday so it was quite easy for people to fly in ont the weekend and home on Tuesday, only needing a day or two off. We invited about 140ish people and 75 showed up. We only had a couple surprises in our list of who came and who didn't.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter