Counter Service

mickeymyfavorite

DIS Veteran
Which counter service do you go out of your way for? We will be at MK and staying on property. If you where only doing CS meals which would you go out of your way for? I know I would like to do Captain Cooks defiantly. MK, & EPCOT I can't make up my mind. Any suggestions?

Which counter service do you go out of your way for? We will be at MK and staying on property. If you where only doing CS meals which would you go out of your way for? I know I would like to do Captain Cooks defiantly. MK, & EPCOT I can't make up my mind. Any suggestions?
Totally agree with Capt Cooks! We went there for lunch on 2 of our MK days back in December 2021. We loved the pulled pork nachos! At Epcot we enjoyed the Regal Smokehouse and the qs at Mexico.

I like Pecos Billls or Columbia Harbour House at MK.

Epcot is harder. So much to love! If you’re going during food and wine I’d sample lots of booths. Otherwise I like counter service in Mexico or France or I’d like to try the new Connections Cafe.

MK, for actual sit-down inside counter service, we go to Peco's Bill, but are far more likely to grab something from Friar's Nook or Sleepy Hollow (corn dog!).

At Epcot, I like Katsura Grill and La Cantina de San Angel, but the latter is often very busy. Fish and Chips from the fish shop used to be a go-to but has been pretty mediocre for years now.

Flame Tree and Satu'li Canteen at Animal Kingdom are both solid. I like the Chicken Tip Yip at Docking Bay 7 in Galaxy's Edge.

I second the nachos at Capt. Cook's. I'd rather go there than anywhere in Magic Kingdom. And I've heard good things about Roaring Fork.

Really hoping to try both Polite Pig and Regal Eagle soon.

Katsura Grill in Epcot is one of my favorites. I'll take that over many of the table service restaurants in Epcot.

Capt. Cook's was disappointing the last time I went. The pulled pork nachos were still good, but the other items I ordered were not.

At MK I do either Columbia Harbor House or Casey's Corner. Neither of these are spectacular, go out of the way for, but they're solid and consistent.

For those mentioning Katsura… is it the Sushi that’s the draw or other things? TIA

For MK, I would do Columbia Harbor House and Peco's Bills

Hollywood Studios- Docking Bay 7 especially the Ronto Wrap.

Captain Cooks at the Polynesian for Tonga Toast and later for the nachos.

Animal Kingdom Flame Tree Barbeque

Beaches and Cream outdoor carryout window

MK: we like the quick serves at the monorail hotels, however, if it has to be in the park; Sleepy Hollow for breakfast, or Harbour House for Lunch or dinner (eat upstairs).
EPCOT; Regal Eagle, or food booths if a festival is going on.
AK: Satu'li
DHS: Docking bay 7

MK: we like the quick serves at the monorail hotels, however, if it has to be in the park; Sleepy Hollow for breakfast, or Harbour House for Lunch or dinner (eat upstairs).
EPCOT; Regal Eagle, or food booths if a festival is going on. (Sunshine Seasons is good if you like what they are offering so check the menu first)
AK: Satu'li
DHS: Docking bay 7

Here are our favourite QS places. (our last two trips were QS only meals)
MK: Pecos Bills
AK: Satuli, Yak & Yeti QS
EP: France, Mexico and Festival Booths
HS: ABC Commissary, Docking Bay 7

Resorts: Riviera, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge

MK - Harbor House. Sleepy Hollow also has an excellent sweet and spicy waffle chicken sandwich. Casey's Corner has good hot dogs if that's your thing.
Epcot - Lot of good choices. Fish and Chips from the Yorkshire shop, The Regal Eagle Smokehouse, and La Cantina de San Angel are three of the best. Do not bother with Connections Cafe unless you are nearby and just can't justify going back to World Showcase.

We only go out of our way for QS at DS. Polite Pig, DLuxe Burger, Blaze Pizza, Chicken Guy, EoS and WBG Basket are worth it for us to leave the parks and eat at DS during our afternoon breaks. We don't go out of our way for any QS at the parks and only eat at them when we are too lazy to go to DS for lunch. Some of these are award winning restaurants. You won't find that in the parks or at the resorts for QS.

I wouldn't "go out of my way" for any counter service. There are always nice counter service options convenient to wherever I already planned to be. For MK, I like Pecos Bills or Columbia Harbor House best. For EP, my answer is NOT counter service--I much prefer to eat at the booths or eat at Via Napoli, which if you are sharing a pizza is TS at CS prices. That said, I have heard good things about the new "Connections" eatery but have not been since that opened.

We went to Captain Cook's tonight and it was somewhat disappointing. Pineapple Lanai was even better than we remembered it, so good that it made up for the Captain Cook's letdown.

To be honest, none of the CS at MK are that good. However, our favorites when we are there would be Pecos Bill'sa nd the flat breads at Pinnochio's.
A close third is Columbia Harbour House. Don't forget they have a second floor that many don't look at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter