Counter service with space and AC

dorchrislen

Eat, Sleep & Breathe WDW
For those of us going to the Disneyland resort this summer, can some experts give us options for counter service restaurants that have lots of indoor seating and air conditioning? Thanks!

Agree with Docking Bay 7. Also Flo’s V8 in DCA. It’s not technically inside but there is a covered outdoor area right outside of Pizza Planet at the Space Mountain entrance that always has space and we love to relax at. There also is a soda fountain inside where you can refill your water bottles.

I found a list and cross checked it for quick service options. I haven't been to them all.

List of Disneyland indoor quick service:
  • Alien Pizza Planet in Tomorrowland
  • Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo in Galaxy’s Edge
  • The Plaza Inn
  • Red Rose Taverne in Fantasyland
  • Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland (though it's rather open too, so AC not as strong)
  • The Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland sit indoor eat and watch a show
California Adventure indoor quick service:
  • Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe on Buena Vista Street
  • Flo’s V8 Cafe in Cars Land
  • Smokejumpers Grill next to Soarin’
I will also add Market House (Starbuck on mainstreet).

Several years back in July, we spent the hottest part of the day (around 100 degrees) in Market House - as my kid crash napped on my lap and refused to move for 3 hours. Didn't mean to seat hog, but we didn't have a stroller that time and were seriously overheating. (We kept ordering food and drink the whole time - not just taking up space). I totally get how important it is to find places to sit, drink water and cool down. I recommend getting a portable fan w/water mister - we do that now and it's really nice while waiting in lines.

If you have blue card DVC - new member's lounge in Tomorrwland for the win

DL: Docking bay 7 has the most room and chance of seating and good food to boot. Alien Pizza planet in the back outside hallway to space mountain is a great area that's unpopulated and cool enough with an artificial breeze quite often. Bengal is always crowded, but our favorite service. Red Rose and Golden Horsehoe are always overstuffed too.

DCA: Smokejumpers is best bet; especially on the soarin' side for us, even outside when they have the sprayers on too.

That outdoor dining space of Alien Pizza Planet in the Space Mountain entrance corridor is actually AIR CONDITIONED. This is not super well known, but we always eat out there. It's kind of like a very cool cave.

Red Rose Tavern has a large dining area indoors. There is a little room off the side closest to the Pinocchio ride that is an additional seating area.

Docking Bay 7 is actually a pretty small dining room and gets crowded in the summer. It's not a reliable place to find indoor seating.

Plaza Inn has 2 sides and plenty of seating indoors. Most people who eat there go outside to eat.

Flos is the largest one at DCA. Smokejumpers is second largest. You can usually find a seat inside if you walk around a couple times. All other dining locations at DCA are outdoors. Boardwalk Pizza area has covered seating with fans, which usually feels really nice on a hot day.

Craftsman Grill at GCH has a FREEZING indoor dining area, but it's small. Midday, though, there is usually no one there so it's a good option for lunch when you are at DCA.

Also, are you wanting a lot of seats at one time? That may be difficult. There's going to be small tables for 2-4 people and sometimes you may have to walk around or wait a few minutes. But there will not be a large empty area for a large group to just sit down easily at peak dining times- especially in August

Also, are you wanting a lot of seats at one time? That may be difficult. There's going to be small tables for 2-4 people and sometimes you may have to walk around or wait a few minutes. But there will not be a large empty area for a large group to just sit down easily at peak dining times- especially in August
No, there’s just three of us. We don’t want to tie ourselves into our reservation time, but definitely want to have meals in air-conditioning. We are going in August.

For those of us going to the Disneyland resort this summer, can some experts give us options for counter service restaurants that have lots of indoor seating and air conditioning? Thanks!
Others have already given ideas for indoor CS with AC but I wanted to add a small tip.

Cooling towels. I was skeptical about them at first but decided to buy some off Amazon and try them out. Absolute game changer for us! We've not only bought two sets of 6 of the ones I will link below but we have recommended them to a bunch of friends!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08627DMZT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are on the Amazon.ca site but I am sure you can get them on the .com one if you are in the States.

Don't know if it still a thing but used to be able to grab food from wherever then head upstairs of the Golden Horseshoe which had tables and was usually wide open even on busy days when there were no shows.

Don't know if it still a thing but used to be able to grab food from wherever then head upstairs of the Golden Horseshoe which had tables and was usually wide open even on busy days when there were no shows.

Golden Horseshoe is its own counter service restaurant so it is usually pretty full inside. They serve some great unique ice cream sundaes in addition to food. The upstairs can get kind of warm on hot days.

I just got back from a week at Disneyland and we were looking for indoor seating, because it was too cool to eat outside.
We're having unusually cool weather. There are lots of posts of people worried about the heat. We haven't even hit spring yet. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter