Costco as Travel Agent?

They will give you a Costco gift card or OBC worth roughly 10% of the cruise price. Their hours are very good. I've been pleased with their service. They do charge a change fee of about $25.

No one can book a DCL cruise any cheaper than anyone else (with a very few exceptions that are very time limited). What they can do is to give you a gift card, onboard credit, or whatever incentive they might have as a thanks for booking with them.

Costco isn't particularly wonderful unless you like their gift cards. Personally, I'd rather have service. For instance, the TA I use computer tracks all their ressies and checks for any price reductions, then they call and nail a lower price for me if one becomes available. They will also track and discounts that you may qualify for--FL res, military, etc. and get those if specials are released for you dates. TODAY, I got $175 off my upcoming cruise. I know it's not a fortune, but I'd rather spend it on fun than on "cruise fare."

You need to verify whether they charge any fees for booking or cancellations. DCL does not impose such fees, but some TAs do.

Since you asked!

I have booked two DCL trips. One with Disney and one with Costco. Do not fall for the gift card!! I love costco and buy so much there. I even have our insurance through them. I will say their travel is not the same.

To sum it up their customer service in travel SUCKS! I went through the whole process of booking giving her dates I thought would be available for a catg.12. TA comes back to tell me the only dates they have are for March. I hit the roof with excitement as I thought there was no way those dates were available. While on the phone I call my Dsis tell her dates she says ok perfect. I book it or so I think. After one hour of torture listening to the TA go on and on about all the cruises she has booked for people and supposed inside tips she has she tells me "Oh yes the cruise is for the beginning of Feb, I could not get the March dates.":scared1: Are you kidding? That is something you say at the beginning not as you are about to hang up with the customer. I was never asked what seating?, any allergies?, etc. I did not recieve any documentation for over 3 weeks. No email, no mail, -Nada. I can not express enough the aggravation Costco caused. I was really bummed and dissapointed as this was not the Costco that I love.

I had hoped it was an isolated incident but I called on numerous occasions and was totally brushed off for whatever reason I called about. I could go on and on and believe me it never got any better. My point is save your time and book with Disney it really is not worth the extra $50 in gift cards. You do not even get them for a month after your cruise. Such a headache.:sad2:

We are booked with Costco currently. Originally booked Nov 2009, moved to mid Oct 2011 and then finally we are Halloween 2011. I have had no issues with Costco at all. They have always seemed to be very accommodating with moving the dates etc. No OBC or discounts, but the cash card is a really nice incentive to use them if you shop at Costco alot, which we do. Everyone can have different experiences. I know on this board so many are thrilled with Dreams Unlimited, but the one time I tried to use them I was not; therefore I chose to go with Costco. To each his own I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter