Cost of Fantasmic! Dessert Seating

Disney Princess

Member Since Day 1
We cannot seem to find current pricing for the Fantasmic! dessert package. What is the cost right now? Or where should I be looking for it?

Thanks in advance!!

$59?????? To me thats class division. Those with tons of money get the best seats. For that price it should include a nice dinner similar to what you get for that price at DisneyWorlds Aloha, Hoop Dee Doo or Backyard BBQ shows. Also at Disneyworld you can dine at a couple restaurants and get an ok seat for Fantasmic without having to wait in long lines.

$59?????? To me thats class division.

Hmm, this seems to be a recurring theme on these boards today :confused3

Yes, it is expensive, but you are paying for the SEAT. The dessert box is really a perk. You can also get a great viewing spot without paying a dime, you just have to sacrifice your time to do so. To some people, paying $59 is worth having two or three hours of park time that would have been spent saving a spot. To me, it is not, so I choose to watch Fantasmic! for free. Obviously a lot of people are still willing to pay since the program sells out quickly!

My friend and I were considering it for our trip next week but looks like it might rain. Plus I'm not sure if the Dragon has been fixed yet, going to search or ask on the board.

Anyway, yes you are basically just buying the seat, and to be honest it's nice to have a guaranteed spot but it's very possible you may not get the greatest location, they all aren't great, ours were terrible last year. You can absolutely find a better spot and for free, paying just means you don't have to seek a spot hours before or deal with crowds. But you still need to show up early to reserve a good seat.

My friend and I were considering it for our trip next week but looks like it might rain. Plus I'm not sure if the Dragon has been fixed yet, going to search or ask on the board.

Anyway, yes you are basically just buying the seat, and to be honest it's nice to have a guaranteed spot but it's very possible you may not get the greatest location, they all aren't great, ours were terrible last year. You can absolutely find a better spot and for free, paying just means you don't have to seek a spot hours before or deal with crowds. But you still need to show up early to reserve a good seat.

I guess we just got lucky. We used the ol lighting trick and it was perfect. We were about 5 feet away from those that forked out the cash for few chocolate covered strawberries and a chair. When I think of $59, I think of another night at HOJO's LOL :rotfl:

$59?????? To me thats class division. Those with tons of money get the best seats. For that price it should include a nice dinner similar to what you get for that price at DisneyWorlds Aloha, Hoop Dee Doo or Backyard BBQ shows. Also at Disneyworld you can dine at a couple restaurants and get an ok seat for Fantasmic without having to wait in long lines.

Actually, the sit on the ground seats we staked out and guarded for 3 1/2 hours were better seats than the dessert package. When we did the dessert, we felt we were paying to save TIME and to have a chair to sit in versus the ground. It was a splurge.

Thanks! I learned something new today. I may be an eastcoaster now but I'm a Disneyland girl by birth. I can't wait to make a trip out west to see DL's version of Fantasmic. I hear it's amazing!

I think the prices are crazy but we did the reserved seating last August and it was a wonderful experience. We plan to do it again in June for my son's 7th birthday. It's not something I would do every time but it's a wonderful treat.

1. Many will argue they are NOT the best seats.
2. You can get great seats elsewhere.
3. It comes with a complimentary giant dessert box, beverages, and service.
4. I have never waited longer than 30 minutes to watch Fantasmic!

It's not class division. It's an option, that in reality, you do not need to use.

- Dreams

Thanks everyone for the opinions! We've never seen Fantasmic at DLR, and we have heard it is better there than at WDW. We really want to see it, and we don't want to sit for 3 hours to stake out a spot, but we probably won't spend that much; I think we could use that $120 elsewhere. I still appreciate your advice!

i was thinking it but after seeing they dont even have the good food anymore in less they change it to chocolate covered strawberrys again i dont think we will

It's more of a Crazy division than it is a Class division. Everyone inside the park has already paid an arm and a leg just to get in, and who knows how much more on snacks, food, and merchandise. So I say Crazy division because it's for those crazy enough to give Disney even more money! But when you compare the $59.00 price to the prices throughout the park it really isn't that ridiculous or an outrage, an outrage is paying $8.00 for a Turkey Leg, assuming the price hasn't gone up since I was there last. Yes not everyone can shell out an extra $60 per head, but most don't think twice about $1.75 for an apple or $5.00 popsicles, so we're all crazy, but some more than others. At least they get dessert and a free beverage!

I agree with Dreams that the F! seating area is not the best location for the show, but it is at a fine spot. I have experience with the F! dessert package and I like it very much. It is an option for people who do not want to wait for a good spot and have a seat for the show. The dessert box, beverages and service is really nice when you get to sit down 30 minutes prior to the show. It did save me a lot of time to do other things around the park and don't have to sit on the ground right by the ROA. I really like sitting in the sitting area so much than doing the dessert package. I do that in order to save money. It would be nice if they still have the balcony seating for the dessert package but everyone knows thats part of the Disney Dream Suite.

Even though it is expensive, it is an option for guests to do if they don't want to wait.

Actually, the sit on the ground seats we staked out and guarded for 3 1/2 hours were better seats than the dessert package. When we did the dessert, we felt we were paying to save TIME and to have a chair to sit in versus the ground. It was a splurge.

Agreed. For us it was not really about the "view" and all about saving time.

The dragon broke? It was great in mid January. We have done this a few times and really like it..Yes, it's expensive, but Disney is our splurge time and at the end of a long day, at my age, that chair looks good..I also like it when we take grandkids..no stressing about them seeing or worrying about the crowd issues. When I go without kids I really like the view from the Tom Saywer Island raft dock..neat perspective! and not nearly as jam packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter