• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Cost of DVC about to go up"?

I will have to admit.....the Poly is our all time favorite. DVC at the Poly...I might act stupid over that.:lovestruc

I will have to admit.....the Poly is our all time favorite. DVC at the Poly...I might act stupid over that.:lovestruc

And that probably illustrates why DVC could get away with this if they are so-inclined. Emotions run so strong for those original resorts that you almost have to throw logic out of the window.

The CR may not be your cup of tea (and the same can be said for many others), but some have as much affection for the CR as you do for the Poly. :cloud9:

POLY; can you inagine????!!!!

I tell ya, I'd be first in line.......even if they want my first-born male for payment (not sure that he'd go for that......but I'd sure give it a try)!!! :love:

And that probably illustrates why DVC could get away with this if they are so-inclined. Emotions run so strong for those original resorts that you almost have to throw logic out of the window.

The CR may not be your cup of tea (and the same can be said for many others), but some have as much affection for the CR as you do for the Poly. :cloud9:

I had a nostalgic moment....... reason would win over madness.

I wouldn't pay that much..it isn't that important to stay that close to MK. Alsoo, even if OKW is that much cheaper, the rooms are showing their age and they need to be re-vamped so the money has to come from somewhere, right?

Maybe it's as simple as mis-hearing someone.

If someone says $104/point it could sound like $140/point, especially if spoken very fast.

I could see it going for $104 with no $8 incentive, effectively making it $8/point higher than AKV.

The other possibility is it would be DVC II and be a totally different membership with no exchanges between DVC I member resorts.

Just .02

I had a nostalgic moment....... reason would win over madness.

But if DVC was dangling the Poly in front of you and the only hang-up was the fact that points cost about 25% more than you expected, would that really be a deal-breaker? I'm sure some would say "yes, it is a deal-breaker." Others would not and the resort would certainly sell-out eventually.

But if DVC was dangling the Poly in front of you and the only hang-up was the fact that points cost about 25% more than you expected, would that really be a deal-breaker? I'm sure some would say "yes, it is a deal-breaker." Others would not and the resort would certainly sell-out eventually.

I can buy BWV resales for $85 a point.....I won't pay $140 a point for BLT or PV.

They will not raise the price to $140!! That would mean they'd have to raise the price on AKV to the same cost, and that would just kill sales. Also, it wouldn't be fair that I just bought into SSR at $80 per point and I could possible reserve a room at BLT.

What you have seen is the points per night are higher. And there will probably be no incentives, atleast for now.

I'm with you! I just don't think the price will be that high! It would seem to throw the whole thing "out of whack" so to speak.

I think $140 is what Hawaii will sell for, and California not much less than that.
They are probably easing us all into that higher price range.

I wish BLT was at GF or Poly I just don't like the CR the whole 70s style just not my thing LOL. I think we may look at a Resale at BWI or BCV but we still may do CR depends on the incentives. then again DH may push for Hawaii decisions decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter