Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to hear you were able to get your choice of CSR in the end!

Double-check your dining plan however. CSR should be the DDP (as a moderate) and the values the QSDP.

We opted to do the room only and add the QSDP. Since we really wanted the QSDP this time around.

Hi, Kelly! There is a lot of chatter on this thread about the gratuity at Pepper Market. It seems to be different depending on the person... when we were there this past February, we were never charged the gratuity and we were on the dining plan.

Yet lots of other people have! Another way around it is to get take out and eat at one of the outdoor tables right outside of El Centro.

I have to share my awesome news with someone. We have been trying to get into a moderate for free dining for almost 3 weeks now. Well yesterday I couldn't believe my eyes CSR came up with free dining. The only problem was it was a water view making the upgrade 1000.00 more than our current reservation at pop. I couldn't justify that amount. Plus we really wanted the qsdp this time around.

So I check last night to see if the room only discount had anything and it didn't. I check this morning and there it is. It is a waterview but heck we are staying at CSR with the QSDP. We only opted for the 1 day base ticket since we already have tickets. I think I will need to upgrade one of the tickets when we get there. But I'm so doing the happy dance. :banana::banana::banana:

So for 475.00 I'm a happy girl. We loved are last stay at CSR but it has always been hard to get for our dates. I'm not sure if it is because we go for more than the 7 days or what.

Well I just called to change my reservation and it is gone!! I'm a little sad but will keep checking and call asap next time. It is just easier with 2 kids to call once they are down for naps.

We opted to do the room only and add the QSDP. Since we really wanted the QSDP this time around.

Ahh ok. Since you said you had been trying to get into CSR with the free dining, I thought you meant you finally were able to book at CSR with the free dining package. Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

14 more days!!

Which means 15 more days until we visit 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter'!! :wizard:

Oh...but we're excited to see WDW as well. ;)

and the conference we are headed out for....

Hi, Kelly! There is a lot of chatter on this thread about the gratuity at Pepper Market. It seems to be different depending on the person... when we were there this past February, we were never charged the gratuity and we were on the dining plan.

Yet lots of other people have! Another way around it is to get take out and eat at one of the outdoor tables right outside of El Centro.

We were there in May and ate dinner in the PM 3x. We were on the QSDP and were never automatically charged the gratuity.

Hey Padstack,
I'm attending a convention in June also. What kind of rate are they giving you?

:cool1:
Does anyone have suggestion on convention reservations? (we don't have rate info yet) Do we make reservations early and then change when the convention rates are given to us?

My family is going in March, so I'm upgrading my ticket to an AP. So, I can potentially get an AP rate.
What generally are the better rates? Are there benefits with having the convention rate?

Thanks for any help.....:)

The rate that I was told is $170/night. I checked and the standard rate for that time frame (this year) is $190/night.

I would wait until the convention rate comes out. The conventions are given a block of rooms to sell and are usually available only through the convention.

If I can get a Bounceback similar to the rate I am using for December (30% off rack), then that will bring down the cost significantly, which I can use to extend my trip and bring the family down.

One more sleep till we are on our way!

Looking forward to introducing the kids to CSR (Dh and I have stayed there before) plus checking out the convention center for the first time as that's where the kid's dance competition is.

Wish me some pixie dust that I get my room preference of close to the convention center.:wizard:

Looking forward to introducing the kids to CSR (Dh and I have stayed there before) plus checking out the convention center for the first time as that's where the kid's dance competition is.

Wish me some pixie dust that I get my room preference of close to the convention center.:wizard:

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!!!!party:

Have a magical trip. :)

We are leaving this afternoon! So excited to arrive to CSR and WDW tonight! I, too, like Diamondintheruff, am hoping our room request to be near the convention center for the dance competition comes true! :wizard:

If possible, I will try to get on a give a live report of some sort, but otherwise, I will see you all on the flipside! DisneyWorld, here we come!!!! :banana:

We are leaving this afternoon! So excited to arrive to CSR and WDW tonight! I, too, like Diamondintheruff, am hoping our room request to be near the convention center for the dance competition comes true! :wizard:

If possible, I will try to get on a give a live report of some sort, but otherwise, I will see you all on the flipside! DisneyWorld, here we come!!!! :banana:

Wishing you a most magical trip too. And good luck to the girls. :thumbsup2

Oh! How exciting!!! Have a wonderful visit... and best of luck!! (cannot bring myself to say 'break a leg' for a dance competition;))

Anybody that has been in the past few weeks...or that is currently at the CSR...have a picture of the refillable mugs.

Just wondering if thay have changed.

Hope you both have magical trips!!!!!! pixiedust: pixiedust:

I am here at CSR right now and LOVING it! check out my last post in my pre trippie for a quick live report! :thumbsup2

or read it right here, haha!

In Disney World right this very minute!
We're here, we're here!!! Arrived at 8:15 last night - airline travel was as smooth as could be, check in at Coronado Springs Resort was awesome (I had done online, so it was a breeze when we arrived! lovin' it!) our room is perfect - we are in Casitas 3 with a beautiful lakeside waterview (no extra chg!) on the 4th floor, everything was as I had put down for my room requests...the room and view are gorgeous and oh so handy for us in regards to the dance competition being in the convention center, plus it's just so nice being a quick 2-3 minute walk to El Centro for refills, gift shop, dining, etc! And we can walk it completely under cover, as we did this evening, during a downpour. Pepper Market has been delicious so far and easy enough for us to figure out, did our order "to go" last night upon arrival as we were pooped and wanted to eat in our room, plus I didn't wish to pay the required gratuity, but we then ate in the PM today for late lunch and I didn't mind the gratuity then as we wanted a bit of extra service/luxury after our morning portion of our park day, haha, we needed a little break!...bus service has been great so far, have been able to sit for every trip thus far. We followed an excellent touring plan for Magic Kingdom today, and was in awe of how well it worked! After an afternoon break (ate & swam at the quiet pool) back at CSR, we returned to MK and ate dinner at Crystal Palace with Pooh and his friends (we were seated 15 min. early before our actual ADR time, which was so great as it was raining out anyway), and got to meet up with fellow Dis'er and dancemom, Diamondintheruff, her beautiful children and her mom! Fun stuff!!!

Ready to collapse into bed so...Ta Ta for now! Hope to update again soon!

I am here at CSR right now and LOVING it! check out my last post in my pre trippie for a quick live report! :thumbsup2

or read it right here, haha!

In Disney World right this very minute!
We're here, we're here!!! Arrived at 8:15 last night - airline travel was as smooth as could be, check in at Coronado Springs Resort was awesome (I had done online, so it was a breeze when we arrived! lovin' it!) our room is perfect - we are in Casitas 3 with a beautiful lakeside waterview (no extra chg!) on the 4th floor, everything was as I had put down for my room requests...the room and view are gorgeous and oh so handy for us in regards to the dance competition being in the convention center, plus it's just so nice being a quick 2-3 minute walk to El Centro for refills, gift shop, dining, etc! And we can walk it completely under cover, as we did this evening, during a downpour. Pepper Market has been delicious so far and easy enough for us to figure out, did our order "to go" last night upon arrival as we were pooped and wanted to eat in our room, plus I didn't wish to pay the required gratuity, but we then ate in the PM today for late lunch and I didn't mind the gratuity then as we wanted a bit of extra service/luxury after our morning portion of our park day, haha, we needed a little break!...bus service has been great so far, have been able to sit for every trip thus far. We followed an excellent touring plan for Magic Kingdom today, and was in awe of how well it worked! After an afternoon break (ate & swam at the quiet pool) back at CSR, we returned to MK and ate dinner at Crystal Palace with Pooh and his friends (we were seated 15 min. early before our actual ADR time, which was so great as it was raining out anyway), and got to meet up with fellow Dis'er and dancemom, Diamondintheruff, her beautiful children and her mom! Fun stuff!!!

Ready to collapse into bed so...Ta Ta for now! Hope to update again soon!

Thanks for the update. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that everything is going smoothly for you thus far and all is well. This is great news and brought a smile to my face this morning. Have a great time and take lots of pictures. And we're rooting on the girls from here in Carol Stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter