Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!
We have a trip booked in August (at BCV). Due to the ridiculousness of airfare, we are flying in one day early. Our flight lands at MCO at 5:50pm. I don't want to spend the extra $$$ to add a night to our existing reservation and I'm considering CSR for our 1st night. We will probably arrive at the resort around 7pm, eat a quick dinner, and put the kids to bed. We plan to be at rope drop the following morning (probably at AK but I haven't fully decided yet) and then we'll head to BCV in the afternoon to get checked in. We have 3 young children (6, 4, and 2) and 2 strollers. Obviously we won't be able to take advantage of the many amenities at the resort for this trip (but we're frequent Disney guests so we may be back!).
A few questions:

1. Do all rooms have 2 queens or is this something we need to request? My DH is 6'4" so a double bed will not be a great option for him.

2. Since our time at CSR would be very limited - 2 meals (dinner and breakfast), sleeping, and a single bus ride to a theme park - where is the best location to request? We have 2 strollers which makes the 1st bus stop ideal so we have enough space to store the strollers (and possibly get seats for the younger kids since the 2 year old is a little unsteady still). If proximity to the bus stop means being far from dining, we could grab breakfast good the night before and eat in the room.

3. What else do we need to know about CSR?

Amanda

Hi all!
We have a trip booked in August (at BCV). Due to the ridiculousness of airfare, we are flying in one day early. Our flight lands at MCO at 5:50pm. I don't want to spend the extra $$$ to add a night to our existing reservation and I'm considering CSR for our 1st night. We will probably arrive at the resort around 7pm, eat a quick dinner, and put the kids to bed. We plan to be at rope drop the following morning (probably at AK but I haven't fully decided yet) and then we'll head to BCV in the afternoon to get checked in. We have 3 young children (6, 4, and 2) and 2 strollers. Obviously we won't be able to take advantage of the many amenities at the resort for this trip (but we're frequent Disney guests so we may be back!).
A few questions:

1. Do all rooms have 2 queens or is this something we need to request? My DH is 6'4" so a double bed will not be a great option for him.

2. Since our time at CSR would be very limited - 2 meals (dinner and breakfast), sleeping, and a single bus ride to a theme park - where is the best location to request? We have 2 strollers which makes the 1st bus stop ideal so we have enough space to store the strollers (and possibly get seats for the younger kids since the 2 year old is a little unsteady still). If proximity to the bus stop means being far from dining, we could grab breakfast good the night before and eat in the room.

3. What else do we need to know about CSR?

Amanda

Hi, Amanda. Let me try to answer questions if I can and make a suggestion. First the suggestion: If you are not going to be able to enjoy any of the things the CSR offers, would you not be better off getting a room at a value if you are only going to sleep and shower basically? Believe me, I am the last person to recommend a value or to discourage anyone from staying at the CSR (as you can tell we love it), but I just think it is something you might want to consider. Now to your questions:

1) Yes, all rooms have either two queen beds or a king bed; you won't get a king room because you have to pay for it (unless upgraded, which you won't be with the number in your party)

2. Casitas 3 or 4 would be ideal for you as it is close to Bus Stop 2 which is the first stop picked up and dropped off.

3. There are lots of things about CSR to enjoy -- hammocks, the pool and slide. Be sure your kids look for "Ally" in the lake (she is the cousin of Glen the Alligator).

Does anybody know if Panchitos sells bottles of wine and if so, brands and prices?

Thanks.

Judy

Judy, they do sell it (see picture below). However, I don't know about prices or brands. I can tell you it is probably "pricey" being that it is Disney (you'd be better off going to Hess Gas Station and getting there would be my thought).

Panchitos1-1.jpg

Hi, Amanda. Let me try to answer questions if I can and make a suggestion. First the suggestion: If you are not going to be able to enjoy any of the things the CSR offers, would you not be better off getting a room at a value if you are only going to sleep and shower basically? Believe me, I am the last person to recommend a value or to discourage anyone from staying at the CSR (as you can tell we love it), but I just think it is something you might want to consider. Now to your questions:

1) Yes, all rooms have either two queen beds or a king bed; you won't get a king room because you have to pay for it (unless upgraded, which you won't be with the number in your party)

2. Casitas 3 or 4 would be ideal for you as it is close to Bus Stop 2 which is the first stop picked up and dropped off.

3. There are lots of things about CSR to enjoy -- hammocks, the pool and slide. Be sure your kids look for "Ally" in the lake (she is the cousin of Glen the Alligator).

Thanks for your advice!!!
I'm willing to pay the difference between the value and moderate so my DH can have a queen-sized bed. If he doesn't get a decent night's sleep, I'll pay an even bigger price! :lmao: Plus, having a fridge and a coffee maker will make the morning a little easier for us. (I feel a little bad because everything looks really nice at CSR and I'm sure the kids would love the pool but they are getting SAB for the rest of the trip so they aren't exactly deprived! :cool1: ).
You've helped a lot!!!!

Amanda

Judy, they do sell it (see picture below). However, I don't know about prices or brands. I can tell you it is probably "pricey" being that it is Disney (you'd be better off going to Hess Gas Station and getting there would be my thought).

Panchitos1-1.jpg

Wish we could go to the Hess, but we are flying in and using DME.....no rental car. How far is the Hess from CSR anyway?

This is going to make me sound like a lush, but I recognize the 2 middle bottles. The 2nd to the left is Ecco Domani, most likely their Pino Grigio. And the one to the right of that one is a Kendall Jackson bottle, most likely their Chardonay.

Thanks for your advice!!!
I'm willing to pay the difference between the value and moderate so my DH can have a queen-sized bed. If he doesn't get a decent night's sleep, I'll pay an even bigger price! :lmao: Plus, having a fridge and a coffee maker will make the morning a little easier for us. (I feel a little bad because everything looks really nice at CSR and I'm sure the kids would love the pool but they are getting SAB for the rest of the trip so they aren't exactly deprived! :cool1: ).
You've helped a lot!!!!

Amanda

Well, I can certainly understand that. We've never stayed at the BC or used SAB, but it looks wonderful. Have a great time.

Wish we could go to the Hess, but we are flying in and using DME.....no rental car. How far is the Hess from CSR anyway?

There is a Hess before the entrance to MK, one across the street from Marketplace at Downtown Disney and one across the street from the Boardwalk Resort...none within walking distance, I'm afraid.

This is going to make me sound like a lush, but I recognize the 2 middle bottles. The 2nd to the left is Ecco Domani, most likely their Pino Grigio. And the one to the right of that one is a Kendall Jackson bottle, most likely their Chardonay.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: That's okay...we love you anyway. :hug:

And the one on the left looks like it could be a Beringer White Zinfandel. :rotfl:

:goodvibes YAY!!!!!!!!! Off to my favorite place in the world in the morning!!!!:woohoo: I plan on taking tons of pics and nice trip report when I get back. I'm never gonna sleep tonight:rolleyes:

Has anyone ever had a cake delivered to CSR?

I will be going in September for my boyfriends 30th birthday, and would love it if a cake could be delivered to our room one day.

Thanks!!!

We are leaving for a surprise trip for my sons 8th birthday in 15 days!! Its a mother son trip because we are going to Star Wars weekends.
It will be our first stay at CSR and our first stay at a moderate. Usually we stay at a value, but we got such a good rate we had to bump up to a moderate!!!

I can't wait, I hope we have enough time to get to the pool and relax a little bit, but its a short weekend trip.

Anything I should take time to check out at the hotel?

Thanks

We are leaving for a surprise trip for my sons 8th birthday in 15 days!! Its a mother son trip because we are going to Star Wars weekends.
It will be our first stay at CSR and our first stay at a moderate. Usually we stay at a value, but we got such a good rate we had to bump up to a moderate!!!

I can't wait, I hope we have enough time to get to the pool and relax a little bit, but its a short weekend trip.

Anything I should take time to check out at the hotel?

Thanks

Well, obviously the pool. And be sure your son looks for the turtles and the alligator in the lake (Ally is her name). The turtles can be seen swimming in the lake or we have found them "sunbathing" on the rocks under the bridge between the Casitas and the Ranchos section of the resort.

Have a great SURPRISE trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter