Copper creek studio vs BLT lake view studio?

ipuffyheartdisney

Earning My Ears
I am having a very hard time trying to decide where to stay! I have my husband and I with our three children (8, 6 and 1) staying at Disney over Christmas. We have an option of renting points at either BLT or CCV in a studio. We would have wanted a one bedroom but the only availability was rack rate through Disney, doubling our price, yikes! So studio it is! We have stayed at BLT before, but it was only one night, so we didn’t really get a good feel for it. We have never stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, but have always wanted to try it and I hear it’s amazing at Christmas. We have been there Disney, luckily, numerous time, but never for Christmas season. That is all my children have asked for, no presents, just a Disney trip! We love the ability to walk to MK but we do like to spend time at the resort. Please help me and flood my post with all of your opinions!!!!!

...are these confirmed reservations? Otherwise, I would run from anyone claiming they can get either for this Christmas.

And I wouldn't do either with a pack and play and the sofa bed in use.

...are these confirmed reservations? Otherwise, I would run from anyone claiming they can get either for this Christmas.

And I wouldn't do either with a pack and play and the sofa bed in use.

They are both confirmed reservations. I have stayed in a value with two beds and a pack and play, so with the option of closing the pull out sofa gives it more room.

BLT will be really crowded with five people (most of the space is in the kitchenette and bathroom) and Copper Creek isn't much bigger. You won't be happy in either of those two. You'd be better of in a moderate hotel room.

The difference between a value hotel room and either of these two is that the hotel room doesn't have a kitchenette and the bathroom is smaller. So you have a lot more room in the living space. At least with many of the value resort rooms you'll have two queen beds. The sleeper sofa in both of these is only a double bed. If your two older ones don't like to sleep together they will hate that sleeper sofa.

Whew - tough call! The feedback that it will be tight is not incorrect. Assuming that is known and acceptable......

I like BLT but Wilderness Lodge resort is probably the quintessential christmas resort. The decorations are beautiful. And the boat ride is a nice way to get to MK. I'd say an advantage to the CCV studio is that it has the sink outside of the toilet/shower room so the sink area is accessible while someone else is showering etc. At BLT the bathroom has the sink/toilet and tub all within a single room. The living area at CCV should be a tiny bit larger too. So I'd probably go with CCV for the 4 plus baby in a pack n play. Is the confirmed reservation for a CCV room with a tub? CCV also has studios that only have a walk in shower and I'd guess you'd want a tub/shower combo.

I think the WL Christmas decor is lovely, but since you’ll have a stroller (and a child who probably still naps?) I wouldn’t give up walking distance to MK for anything.

Thank you everyone for the feedback! It is so hard to decide, but I think the proximity to Magic Kingdom is moving us towards BLT. Even though it will be tight, I like to be able to walk there.

If space is the big concern, then a moderate resort might be best as stated.

Otherwise, there is only 1 factor, which is more important, proximity to MK, or a great Christmas theme

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter