convince a couple to stay@POP

firemanx

DIS Veteran
So we are a couple i asked her out on a contemporary balcony overlooking MK! Now we are looking for a value resort. Convince this couple why POP is best

POP is the best because it is centrally located, never shares buses (except for Magical Express and usually only with Art of Animation which is right there) and has the Skyliner now too. It is a busier resort so waits for the buses can be long at park close, but it usually goes pretty quickly, or you can always hop aboard an AOA bus too and cross the bridge. POP has recently renovated rooms too. I recently stayed there and liked the new refrigerators and showers with rainshower option and wand as well. The heavy sliding doors on the bathroom and vanity area really keep noise down too. I do miss the carpeted floors, but the new hard flooring did look nice. There is one regular bed and a fold-down murphy bed that takes the place of the table - if you are not using that bed the room will feel much bigger. POP is easlily the best of the value resorts, and honestly usually I will prefer it to even moderates. You really can't go wrong!

Last edited:
All of the above reasons, and: Pop pools and pool bars stay open late and are fun. The renovated rooms are really all you need. The food court is great and stays open late as well. It's got a great theme, as does AoA, just a stones throw away. I own three DVCs but don't mind POP one bit. I would get a preferred room for convenience though.

The skyliner gives you so many resort dining options. The line stops at Pop/AoA, Caribbean, Riviera, Y&B Clubs and Boardwalk. That's even more choices than the monorail loop. The rooms are basic but more than comfortable for two people and the resort its self is kind of fun if you were born before the millennia as the theming is geared towards decades 1950-90's and is a fun trip down memory lane.

Just a word of caution... going from the Contempory to Pop is a major shift in resort categories. Just be prepared for that.
About as major as it gets, really. It's going to be a bit of a shock as to how much of a downgrade it really is. I'd maybe look into one of the less expensive Deluxe Resorts (i.e. Wilderness Lodge), or Gran Destino Tower at Coronado, rather than Pop.

I dunno... I don’t think POP is ruined because you stayed at Contemporary. You can have just as much fun at either. It’s a happy resort!

Now if you had said All Star Sports ... 😆 then that’s a different story.

Just throwing in my 2 cents here...

I say Nope to POP... I know alot of folks really love it... Tried staying here, and it was a complete disaster... they had to move us to another resort... once the management went to see the room, they moved us...

Our good friend always stay here, because they are a rope drop to park close kinda couple, and he said the rate is always so good... Well 2 years ago that all changed, He said the rate really wasn't all that great, and you could not relax at the pool, if you could find a lounger... Why you wonder... All the kids running wild, they got hit in the face with some water blaster toy, the kids were randomly shooting people that were sitting in the lounger, there was so much pressure that it knock his wife sunglasses off, and soaked her kindle reader, and the book he was reading was completely soaked, and ruined... and the parents of the kids, thought it was funny, then security arrived, things were not so funny then ... then the couple next to them fighting and were what he called blasted out of their mind... At 2:00 in the morning, kids( tweener aged) were still running up and down, screaming and carrying on, to the point they called security, to deal with them... then the buses, and food court were a nightmare...

Now their home resort is CBR as they love the quiet pools, and the grounds are what he calls a bit of heaven...

We have stayed at AOA in a family suite... more room, and for me a much better atmosphere, and themeing all the way around...

POFQ or POR would be my suggestion... some where in the middle... my DH and I love the vibe here, for us we call this our home resorts... and with the boat to Disney Springs it a nice perk.

I've stayed at POP a few times. It's always been enjoyable.
There is only 1 huge reason for me to choose it:
Financial
Since, I've been price pointed out of most WDW resorts now, it's POP for me.

Just throwing in my 2 cents here...

I say Nope to POP... I know alot of folks really love it... Tried staying here, and it was a complete disaster... they had to move us to another resort... once the management went to see the room, they moved us...

Our good friend always stay here, because they are a rope drop to park close kinda couple, and he said the rate is always so good... Well 2 years ago that all changed, He said the rate really wasn't all that great, and you could not relax at the pool, if you could find a lounger... Why you wonder... All the kids running wild, they got hit in the face with some water blaster toy, the kids were randomly shooting people that were sitting in the lounger, there was so much pressure that it knock his wife sunglasses off, and soaked her kindle reader, and the book he was reading was completely soaked, and ruined... and the parents of the kids, thought it was funny, then security arrived, things were not so funny then ... then the couple next to them fighting and were what he called blasted out of their mind... At 2:00 in the morning, kids( tweener aged) were still running up and down, screaming and carrying on, to the point they called security, to deal with them... then the buses, and food court were a nightmare...

Now their home resort is CBR as they love the quiet pools, and the grounds are what he calls a bit of heaven...

We have stayed at AOA in a family suite... more room, and for me a much better atmosphere, and themeing all the way around...

POFQ or POR would be my suggestion... some where in the middle... my DH and I love the vibe here, for us we call this our home resorts... and with the boat to Disney Springs it a nice perk.

That sounds like a very unfortunate case of a large group booking without any control by whomever that booked the reservation. Truly unfortunate that anyone had to put up with that!

I do only go to Pop if I have no other choice but it doesn't ruin my trip in the slightest when I do because at the end of the day I'm still in Disney. I'll just go hang out at Riviera or boardwalk since they're so easy to get to.

That sounds like a very unfortunate case of a large group booking without any control by whomever that booked the reservation. Truly unfortunate that anyone had to put up with that!

I thought that to at first, and told them about the competition that are held at WDW, and he said he did not think it was that... that they had check to make sure that they weren't going during any type of competitions. He said that his was more like larger tour groups of families.

He said that while at the pool there were several large like tour groups, and they kept chanting ( using adult language) , back and forth with another group, and they just kept on and on getting louder and louder... and in his words "gyrating, grinding and sexy dancing around" like club behavior. He said if they were at the club it would be fine, and no-one would care... or if they were at a private pool.... Yet... They were at a resort pool where basically there were nothing but families and kids everywhere... at one of the biggest family destinations in the world...
He said finally security arrived, and he said it was alot of security for Disney... and made both groups leave the pool area... and that everyone started clapping when they were leaving the pool area...

While this is not normal for the most part... For them it was the last straw, on what had been a trip filled with issues...

We' are 2 adults no kids and have stayed at POP several times. I love it. We've never had issues with noise or ppl being rude/obnoxious etc. I love that there is no bus sharing with other resorts and now with the skylines there's lots of options.
We are a mix of all day park/mid day break ppl. I love that because most who stay at Pop are all day park ppl, the pools can be less full during the day, not always but we've had luck getting in with fewer ppl.

Honestly, as long as you understand what it means to stay at a value vs. a deluxe and you are okay with that, then Pop is great. It’s clean and it has what most folks need for a decent hotel stay. I’ve stayed at all levels and find Pop, or another value, to be just fine when I am looking for a place to sleep, maybe swing by a food court, spend an hour at a pool during off hours, have a drink at the pool bar while doing laundry, or to eat snacks in my room. If I’m in the mood to spend hours at the pool, have lots of meals at the resort, sit on a balcony watching the world go by, or feel spoiled because a place is nice than my normal hotel stays, then I would opt to stay at a deluxe. But normally I’d rather stay cheaper to be able to afford more trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter