Contracts selling with no points till 2018

You'll also have to cover the fees on the points you rented in most situations, esp any that were not already banked going in. And there are income taxes due at marginal rates.

I had also forgotten that if I strip the points, when I sell the contracts, I would also be asked to pay the 2017 and 2018 MF's.

I actually opted for a contract that had zero points available until Fall 2018 (VGC) vs. a comparable 2017 contract. Few reasons:

1) VGC has pretty much zero availability at < 7 months, by the time ROFR and close would have happened, I would be able to use Aug 2017 points after June 2018, giving me only 3 months to use the points (or I'd have to bank them, which if they weren't banked by the deadline, I'm up a creek).

2) The contract was priced $5/point less ($152 vs. $157) AND I would not be responsible for 2017 dues... that saves me $1061 up front, or just under $11/point. I could have sold to Dave's for $15/point, but I wasn't comfortable only being able to book June-Aug 2018.

**having typed that out, I would have probably been able to book someone a summer vacation, oops. Oh well.

3) If I really really wanted to use points in 2017, I could have just borrowed from 2018.

The upfront savings of $1061 was most significant since I'm paying cash for the contract & my travel plans through next year are mostly spoken for. Different strokes for different folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!