Contemporary Tower Views...Which Do You Like Better?

DarthGoofy

I am glad God has it all under control.
I have requested a MK view for our upcoming trip. It is my DS first ever trip to WDW. The MK views seem like they would be amazing. To be able to see the castle whenever you are in your room especially at night.

With that being said, how are the views of Bay Lake. It seems like that side is nice too, but I would love to hear some first-hand reports.

Thanks As Always:wave:

We stay at the CR Tower rooms every summer and ALWAYS request the bay lake view. We just love it. I sit there each morning taking in the beautiful view while having coffee. In the afternoon, when my kids and dh are at the pool, if I'm not with them, I'm on the balcony watching them and waving to them. During the day, if we're not at the parks, and just resting in the room, I'm again on the balcony watching the action going on in the pool area and watching the boats around the lake. At night its a beautiful view with all the lights and you can see a touch of the Epcot ball. We always get the tower rooms facing the lake. To us its just a fun and relaxing added space that we enjoy. Many years ago we did have the MK view, while it was nice and many, many people love it, we favor the bay lake view and if we couldn't get it we would be very disappointed. We have coffee out there early morning, before breakfast and drinks late at night. Its one of our "must have's" while on vacation. We go in july, so it rains every day for a short while, and its even nice to sit out there then.We're the type of family that truly uses and spends lots of time at the resort. We've been to disney, like most of us, dozens of times, so the parks aren't the reason why we go to disney. We go for the great resorts, good food, wonderful service and friendly staff. As you can tell we're partial to the CR and the bay lake view. Have a wonderful time and a great vacation....

Another vote for the bay view. You will also have the added bonus of seeing the electrical water pageant each night. You can always go to one of the viewing decks to the the MK fireworks.
It was very realxing to sit out on the balcony and watch the boats etc... You would LOVE it!!!:)

Great question!

We too, are leaning towards a bay view for our Sept trip. I'm going to assume the MK fireworks will only happen again once during our trip.

Question, can you see the Epcot or other FW's from the bay side? We'll be on the 14th floor.

Our family really likes the park view and really hope to get our second shot at it in May. We like watching the colors change on the castle and the feeling of being "inside the magic". We haven't had the bay view however, and I can see how enticing it could be. Guess I'm glad there are those of you who prefer the bay view to balance those of us who prefer the park view!

No matter what - it'll be wonderful.

I've stayed on both sides of the Tower. While both views are really great, the park side is my favorite. Even when there are not fireworks on the agenda, I really enjoy the birds-eye-view of the park, and nothing is better than watching the castle change colors after dark.

I've had both views, but I prefer the park view. Watching those amazing fireworks from your balcony is awesome. I also like looking out over the Poly, GF and the monorail. Bay Lake is nice too. I've heard that some people do not care for the MK view because you also have a view of the parking lot.

Thanks for the opinions everyone:teeth:

Anyone else care to chime in?

Bay Lake is nice too. I've heard that some people do not care for the MK view because you also have a view of the parking lot.

This is what I'm wondering about. I read on another board that the MK view is really a parking lot view with the MK way off in the distance, and that the Bay view is beautiful. I had them put MK view when I made my ressie, but now I'm not so sure.

Having stayed on both sides of the Contemporary several times, I must say I love both views....but my preference would certainly be MK view.

I LOVE seeing the castle in the early morning and late at night changing colors. A great view of the fireworks! And something about the sites and sounds of the park itself.

Jungle Josh

Had the MK view this past OCtober from the tenth floor. DW, DD and I all loved the view and the castle changing colors.

Originally posted by Aisling
This is what I'm wondering about. I read on another board that the MK view is really a parking lot view with the MK way off in the distance, and that the Bay view is beautiful. I had them put MK view when I made my ressie, but now I'm not so sure.

Trust me, you won't notice the cars at all!:D When I had MK view, I felt that the park was very close by, especially the Space Mountain area. People eat at the California Grill just to be able to take in that view.:D

Stayed on both sides. Our vote is for MK view. It isn't just the MK and castle though. The lake is also on that side, so you see the lake, boats, the Poly/GF, the monorail, the ELP. All of that lights up at night and is pretty scenic. Also, the sun sets on that side - so add scenic sunsets and subsequent dusks/changing colors to everything, and the view is never the same but impressive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter