Contemporary Resort Standard versus Club Level

lundve

DIS Veteran
WWYD

Only possibly staying one Friday night with tickets to that night’s Halloween Party - 2 adults and 3 children ages 14, 12 and 5. Will be arriving early around 10am Friday and will be leaving for home on Saturday around noon. Am being quoted $567 after tax standard or $790 after tax for club level in a room that sleeps 5. Having never done club level is this worth it for us to try....

I should note, one of my kiddos has food allergies but I’m fairly certain CL accommodates right? Thanks

WWYD

Only possibly staying one Friday night with tickets to that night’s Halloween Party - 2 adults and 3 children ages 14, 12 and 5. Will be arriving early around 10am Friday and will be leaving for home on Saturday around noon. Am being quoted $567 after tax standard or $790 after tax for club level in a room that sleeps 5. Having never done club level is this worth it for us to try....

I should note, one of my kiddos has food allergies but I’m fairly certain CL accommodates right? Thanks
I wouldn't do it. You would only be able to take advantage of the breakfast on checkout day. You could have a way nicer breakfast for $223. But yes, they usually do accommodate for food allergies.

I would suggest the Atrium CL it not a good value based on your planned activities and length of stay. You will have already missed breakfast on Friday and you will miss Friday evening offerings 5-7 since you will want to get the MNSSHP early to enjoy every minute.

That really only leaves you with breakfast on Saturday morning. Only you can decide if breakfast for your group is worth it vs another breakfast venue. You are almost at the price of Chef Micky's for a full breakfast buffet and the Atrium Club does not provide a full breakfast buffet.

I would suggest you consider the Wave for a full breakfast buffet for your family vs CL.

Dave

That really only leaves you with breakfast on Saturday morning. Only you can decide if breakfast for your group is worth it vs another breakfast venue. You are almost at the price of Chef Micky's for a full breakfast buffet and the Atrium Club does not provide a full breakfast buffet.

Chef Mickeys is actually more expensive for us. (two Disney “adult” teens - who don’t even eat like teens quite yet ) Last spring when we dined there we spent $282 after tax and tip after a 10% discount 😱

That is why I suggested the Wave Breakfast buffet in the next sentence. It should be 1/2 the price of Chef Micky's. The reference for CM was just to indicate that your CL premium was almost at the price of CM.

Dave

Chef Mickeys is actually more expensive for us. (two Disney “adult” teens - who don’t even eat like teens quite yet ) Last spring when we dined there we spent $282 after tax and tip after a 10% discount 😱
CM is also bad value. Agree with PP that the Wave is a better option. Even taking the monorail to the Poly for breakfast at Kona is better than CM.

Agree with the other posters. You won't be able to take advantage of the convenient bites/snacks and probably won't need the concierge for booking anything. Stick with standard and go the The Wave for breakfast. They have a buffet option as well as a la carte menu.
Standard rooms sleep 5 with the pull-down bed, so CL doesn't have any advantage there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter