Connecting or Adjoining rooms?

Neeter

Mouseketeer
Okay this may be a stupid question but... :confused:

When I called CRO and booked my ressies last week I requested "connecting" rooms. However when I received my confirmation papers Saturday it said "adjoining" rooms.

I remember reading the thread here about faxing your room request and the guy stated that you really need to request "connecting" rooms if you wanted the door between the rooms. "Adjoining" just means next to each other, no door.

My question is should I call CRO back and have them change it to "connecting" rooms? (We really need to have connecting rooms because we are traveling with children.)

Thanks!

Yes, request connecting rooms if you want one room to have special access to another.

I would call and make sure they change it to connecting rooms. The reservation person may give you a hard time, but stick to your guns!

Call back, the # of connecting rooms is limited and varies by htoel.

You don't want adjoining rooms!

Herc.

My ressie sheet said the same thing and I had requested connecting rooms, too. I called and they changed it for me.

thanks guys! I am going to call them in the morning and have them change it! Hopefully I'll get an informed CM and it won't be a hassle!

I love this board! I have learned so much info here from everybody. I can't imagine having to plan a vacation without such a wealth of information that can be found on these boards.

Thanks again to everyone that replied! :D

Of course I called today and was told that "adjoining" and "connecting" were the same thing and that they didn't need to note anything different on my ressie.

Should I call back tomorrow and see if another CM tells me the same thing? Or should I call the All Star Movies and double check with them?

Thanks again for all your help! Hate to be a pain about this but we are traveling with children and really need to have two rooms with a connecting door in between.

We had a stranger one- I requested connecting rooms at the GF as I have two small children, my mother is taking the second room and she has agreed to babysit later at night. My confirmation slip arrived with the following details

Connecting rooms guaranteed for families
next line
Prefer Connecting rooms/not guaranteed.

What's up with that?

When I had to make the same arrangements a few years ago, CRO asked the ages of the children and said we would be guaranteed to have connecting rooms. We had 2 adults and 3 kids. If I were you, I would call to clarify since you will have an extra adult and they might think the extra room is just for her and that the kids won't be staying in that room. Let them know that at least 1 child will be using a bed in that room and that the adult might not always be present. (so you would need connecting)
MaryG

We had the same problem and here is Disney's response as to why they will and will not confirm connecting rooms.

There is a small amount of connecting rooms. Those rooms are ONLY for families that will have small children in one of the rooms by themselves (no adult sleeping in room).

Example, if you have two adults in one room and two small children in the other room they will guarantee you the connecting rooms.

But if you have two adults in one room and one adult + two kids in the second room, they will not guarantee connecting but will give you adjoining.

Make sense!

That does make sense to me.

*123JOANNA123* ... sometimes they don't erase the first line when they make changes -- that may be what happened in your case

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter