Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

We are heading to WDW for Easter! Staying at BLT. We are doing one night cash stay before our dvc stay. Right now, I’m booked at All Star Movies. So tempted to move to a Fort Wilderness cabin to check them out, but then I get images of stepping out onto the porch with snakes hanging out there, I change my mind. (Yes, I know snakes all over Disney. Just feel like I’m pressing my luck at the campground)

I’m also thinking of a quick Sept. weekend, we have a Nov. DCL cruise with a night at WDW and night at Universal to finish. Also going to try to get down for Marathon weekend 2025, hopefully for the 10k.

My girlfriend just stopped there last week and checked it out quick while on a cruise. Will probably be heading there in a couple years. Please give a little trip report
Will do.
I’ll start with our flight is on United from BDL to IAD and then IAD to HNL which is 10-3/4 hours on a 767-400ER!!! One of the longest domestic flights in existence. Never been on a flight anywhere near that time.

Not much happening on this thread. Spring break should be coming up for most people. Our town was earlier and followed Easter. We had a great trip Easter week to BLT. We only did 1 Disney park (MK) this trip since it was supposed to be a more relaxed staycation type trip.

DS ended up not feeling well the first 2 days we got there, but once he was rested up we had a great time. I was worried BLT wasn’t the best resort for mostly a staycation but it ended up working out really well. We had plenty to do and I got in plenty of Disney with the awesome views, tons of Disney shopping and a few character meals.

Bc DS was sick on the Sat. we were supposed to do MK we had to push it back to Thursday which ended up being a 10/10 crowd wise. It was the day they closed MK to park hopping. It was packed but somehow we ended up still having a great day. It really helps being able to think we’ve done that or we’ll be back again, when missing something due to crowds.

We are currently planning a Disney cruise in Nov. and Marathon Weekend for the 10k. I just booked our flights on SW for Nov. Just planning on staying at the Hyatt MCO the night before and then we will head to Universal the night we return to give DH a break from Disney.

Not sure what to do for our Jan. flights. I’m out of points so most likely paying cash. I keep saying I hate SW boarding process so we’ll do Jet Blue or Aveolo. However, a coworkers family had issues with Aveolo over spring break. One member had their flight delayed multiple times so they ended up driving to Hartford to take SW. Another member had their flight cancelled so they had to find a flight to a different town and find a way to get to their original destination.

I’m thinking about maybe using Amex points to JetBlue. JetBlue seems to have a pretty decent track record and I prefer just buying my seat choice. I do have a coworker who has multiple delays with Jet Blue but I think she might just be unlucky.

How have every ones CT-MCO flights been recently? We used SW this trip and had no issues. Other than the dreaded line up. I am thinking from now on I will pay for the upgraded boarding when using SW.

Not much happening on this thread. Spring break should be coming up for most people. Our town was earlier and followed Easter. We had a great trip Easter week to BLT. We only did 1 Disney park (MK) this trip since it was supposed to be a more relaxed staycation type trip.

DS ended up not feeling well the first 2 days we got there, but once he was rested up we had a great time. I was worried BLT wasn’t the best resort for mostly a staycation but it ended up working out really well. We had plenty to do and I got in plenty of Disney with the awesome views, tons of Disney shopping and a few character meals.

Bc DS was sick on the Sat. we were supposed to do MK we had to push it back to Thursday which ended up being a 10/10 crowd wise. It was the day they closed MK to park hopping. It was packed but somehow we ended up still having a great day. It really helps being able to think we’ve done that or we’ll be back again, when missing something due to crowds.
Love our BLT!! Glad you ended up having a great time after a rocky start. I think a resort is as relaxing as you make it. If you find the little undiscovered places, and put your feet up (anywhere, but balconies are my fave!), cup of coffee/tea/vino/ whatever and just breathe for a while. Heaven!
Looking forward to getting down there on May 7th for Victory Trip with my DS who has been fighting a tumor (and winning!)
❤️

Presidents week was worse...$550 one way per person... SWA on 2/17....
I'm probably the only person here that's actually glad to hear that. That's because we no longer live in Connecticut, and I miss it-so beautiful! I still attend church in Connecticut's "Quiet Corner" area by Zoom every week. But next time I fly to WDW (and It's always on SWA), I'll be glad I didn't have to pay for a flight out of BDL.

Love our BLT!! Glad you ended up having a great time after a rocky start. I think a resort is as relaxing as you make it. If you find the little undiscovered places, and put your feet up (anywhere, but balconies are my fave!), cup of coffee/tea/vino/ whatever and just breathe for a while. Heaven!
Looking forward to getting down there on May 7th for Victory Trip with my DS who has been fighting a tumor (and winning!)
❤️

Hope you have a great trip with your DS. It seems like that is a much needed and deserved trip.

I just wanted to say 'hi!' as I saw this thread pop up and I'm a new DVC owner. I'm not currently living in CT, but I lived there from birth til I went away to college, and I still have lots of family there I visit regularly. So, as a CT boy at heart... seeing this thread made me happy.

I just wanted to say 'hi!' as I saw this thread pop up and I'm a new DVC owner. I'm not currently living in CT, but I lived there from birth til I went away to college, and I still have lots of family there I visit regularly. So, as a CT boy at heart... seeing this thread made me happy.
Welcome, AAMMTT20! I’m the OP, and we hope you’ll follow us and give us your airline/airport reports/reviews as well.
Have a great day 🌞

Just returned home yesterday from an amazing trip!

Stayed at Riviera 4/5-4/12 and then went on the Disney Wish 4/12-4/15. The crowds the week we spent in the park were very manageable and made Genie worth using for the week.

We flew Jet Blue both ways and I think I never want to fly SWA again...or they'd have to be significantly less money to forego the convenience of flying out of Terminal C. We all had TSA Pre but wouldn't have needed it as there were literally very few people in line. We pretty much walked through security in less than 2 minutes.

Great trip! Love our April vacations! Now we start looking forward to October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter