Confused- did I make big mistake??

monymeier

Earning My Ears
I booked my room only back in May through WDW using a AAA rate. Last month when I heard of the impending ticket increases, I did some research on ticket brokers and went ahead and bought them on AAA.com. When I did so I was never asked about DDP. So I called Disney today to ask about adding the DDP to my reservation and they tell me you can only purchase DDP with a package. After all my research and reading I never heard this before. Surely there are many people that book room and tixs separtetly, right? Does that mean now I can't buy the DDP?? I'm very confused and upset about this mistake? Any work arounds? Should I call AAA and see if they back me into a package?

Thanks for your help.
Monica

I booked my room only back in May through WDW using a AAA rate. Last month when I heard of the impending ticket increases, I did some research on ticket brokers and went ahead and bought them on AAA.com. When I did so I was never asked about DDP. So I called Disney today to ask about adding the DDP to my reservation and they tell me you can only purchase DDP with a package. After all my research and reading I never heard this before. Surely there are many people that book room and tixs separtetly, right? Does that mean now I can't buy the DDP?? I'm very confused and upset about this mistake? Any work arounds? Should I call AAA and see if they back me into a package?

Thanks for your help.
Monica

You can always book room only and purchase tickets separately. But you can only get the DDP with the MYW packages. AAA can work a package up for you, but sometimes you save more if you do it yourself. You can always make changes or cancel with Disney what currently you have, I did twice and Disney just credited back my entire original reservation and rebooked a new one.

When are you going? There are some great discounts for packages (with limited availablity) from Oct - Dec this year. If you aren't going then, you can always keep any eye out here on the DIS as any codes or specials issued people post out on the Disney Resort forum. This may more than pay for any ticket increases.

You can still get a package you just have to also purchase a one day base ticket for everyone in your room.

Yes, we are going Nov.7-11th. So what is my course of action?

As part of a package you have to purchase at least a one day ticket. So, if you want dining, you will need to make that investment and purchase the tickets. You can save the tickets from the package or the tickets you already purchased for a later date. Just don't use the tickets you plan to save for later.

Or you can just book the room only, use the tickets you already purchased and skip the dining plan.

Have you called AAA?? It wouldn't hurt to ask if they would do a package deal for you instead of separate pieces. The worst they'll say is Sorry!

Yes, we are going Nov.7-11th. So what is my course of action?

Here is what I would do first to try to get the fall deal that they have offered for everyone.

Go to WaltDisneyworld.com and go to the bottom of the page that opens and click on Special Season Savings and click get started. It will take you through selecting resort, prices, tickets etc. Or you can call them and ask what is available with the special rates. There is a general public code if you do so though, you can find this on the Codes & Rates forum under some of the threads. If I find it I will post it here again.

If you don't feel they are offering the resort you want or the price you want, then you can always check through AAA. I think most people reported that this discount was a better savings though.

This special saved me $456.00 from what I had originally booked at rack rate. I got 6 nights at POR w/ 5 day base tickets for $1279.00. I just added dining at $39.00 per person and it is now right at $2,000.00

If you find what you want, book it then call and cancel your other reservation. They will credit you back. Just keep in mind though that with a package you have to pay 100% 45 days from check in. With room only you don't have to.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of further help.

I checked those dates on wdw.com and from what I could tell CSR is available, it might be worth a call to see if a CM can get you specifically what you want, maybe even keep what you have but changing it to a package. Sometimes working it online can be a pain with the tickets, insurance and DDP as the tickets are automatically calculated for the entire length of your stay with park hoppers with water park option and at the end insurance is auto added, which makes the first $ posted larger than it may need to be. All of this can be changed and the DDP has to be added in by you by selecting the dining plan package.

Here are the codes (copy/pasted from another post):

This is now open to the general Public as well.
Code ZQG package no dining
Code ZQH package with dining

If you want DDP you must book a package, including tickets, there's no way around that unless you're staying in a DVC resort on points. I'm sorry.

What you CAN do at this point is to book the package you want, through whomever you want, book it with only one day base tickets, then go ahead and use the tickets you've already purchased. It will cost you an additional $75 or so per adult/junior for those one day tickets, but you can save them for some other time. They're good forever.

I generally check MouseSavers.com to see what discounts and specials are being offered that might apply to my dates, if I haven't already seen something here on the forums.

Best of luck, I hope you find something suitable! :goodvibes

Or, you can use most of the above suggestions, except hold the existing tickets for a later date and include the full number of days' passes you'll need for this trip in this package.

I called Disney and got the fall package promotion with a 1 day base ticket and dining. I'm paying around $80 more than I would have but will have the 4 base tickets to use at a later date. I'll use my previously purchased AAA tickets for this trip. I may still call AAA to see what they say but this is probably my best option to get the dining plan. I hope it is WORTH all this trouble!!!

Oh well, I really screwed this up. I thought I was in the "Disney" know too!

Thanks to all for the advice.

I know that if you just got a ticket voucher from AAA that needs to be redeemed at disney, you can return them and get your money back. I did this with Universal/Islands tickets I bought earlier last year at AAA and there was no problem.

But this only works if you have the vouchers that say they need to be exchanged at a disney ticket counter so you can get the real ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter