Confused about Magic Band pick-up or home delivery

pharmlivin

Mouseketeer
We have reservations at BR-VWL for June 18-23 through DVC. My DME has a note: Good news––your MagicBand package will be waiting for you at your Disney Resort hotel! Simply pick it up at the front desk when you arrive.

Why are they not being sent? It really doesn't matter to me but I don't know why some receive them in the mail and some pick them up at check-in. Not sure what the criteria for the difference is.

Thanks for any insights.

I called Disney and found out what was going on...I did customize them on MDE long ago. We have 2 reservations linked, one for 2 people and one res. for 4 people. The 4 person res. indicated those 4 bands had shipped yesterday and showed the colors we picked and the tracking no. The other order said they were personalizing the bands for the party of 2 and the icons below showed the plain gray bands for those 2 in that party. I called and they said I must have happened to check the status of the bands while they were in between processing the 4 person party and the 2 person party. They told me to check back in a couple of hours and sure enough both parties (2 and 4 person) are now in a status of shipped with tracking numbers. I'm o.k. now.

One more thing...I first called and spoke to someone who answers questions about Magic Bands. They told me they didn't have the address for the party of 2 so we would have to pick those bands up at check-in with no customizing. I didn't feel comfortable with that answer so I then called and spoke to some one from MDE tech and he is the one who got on my MDE site and explained what I was seeing and what it meant and that they were in the middle of processing and check back in a while. So it seems that the more accurate and helpful info came from MDE tech support rather than the "Magic Band" experts. This is not a criticism just an observation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter