Confused about Disney Infinity 2.0. Please help

lizabu

Disney Maniac
I know very little about video games so please be patient with me. I bought the Disney Infinity 2.0 marvel starter set for a Christmas present. If I want to add on to it do I have to only buy super hero characters if we want to play the game with the characters?

If I want to buy classic disney characters...will they be able to actually play the game or are they going to be in the toy box. I'm not 100% sure about what the toy box is too but it sounds like the characters can't do as much.

Do I need to buy a play set to make the classic characters be able to play? I saw a starter set that had Merida but it said the disk is the same so it didn't make sense to buy it twice. If I need to buy a play set is there one that works with characters like mickey or Donald or maleficent?

Is there a list somewhere that you can see what works with what?

I know very little about video games so please be patient with me. I bought the Disney Infinity 2.0 marvel starter set for a Christmas present. If I want to add on to it do I have to only buy super hero characters if we want to play the game with the characters?

If I want to buy classic disney characters...will they be able to actually play the game or are they going to be in the toy box. I'm not 100% sure about what the toy box is too but it sounds like the characters can't do as much.

Do I need to buy a play set to make the classic characters be able to play? I saw a starter set that had Merida but it said the disk is the same so it didn't make sense to buy it twice. If I need to buy a play set is there one that works with characters like mickey or Donald or maleficent?

Is there a list somewhere that you can see what works with what?

The Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Superheroes Starter Pack comes with the Avengers play set, 3 characters, the base, 2 power discs and the game (including the toy box mode). If you buy Groot or Iron Fist or Donald Duck separately, you will be able to use them in the toy box mode but not the Avengers play set. You can use Groot on the Guardian of the Galaxy play set and Iron Fist on the Spiderman play set. Donald Duck can only be played in the toy box mode. You don't really have to buy every characters in order to play the game.

The Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Starter Pack comes with the Merida and Stitch characters, 2 power discs, the game containing toy box mode only (it is included in the marvel superheroes starter pack). In order to play the play sets, you need to buy all of the play sets otherwise you can only play toy box. If you have the marvel starter pack, it is a waste of money to buy the toy box starter pack because they are the same.

The toy box mode is a place where you can create your own adventures. You can build your own race track or a pirate fighting challenge or anything you want. You can also download pre-made challenges. You use the characters from both the marvel superheroes and originals to do all of these challenges. You can enter the toy box from the main menu on the game.

The Avengers Play Set playable characters: Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye

The Guardians of the Galaxy playable characters: Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, Rocket Raccoon.

The Spiderman playable characters: Spiderman, Iron Fist, Nova, Venom, Nick Fury.

The Toy Box mode playable characters: Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Spiderman, Iron Fist, Nova, Venom, Nick Fury, Merida, Stitch, Donald Duck, Maleficent, Aladdin, Hiro, Baymax.

The Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Superheroes Starter Pack comes with the Avengers play set, 3 characters, the base, 2 power discs and the game (including the toy box mode). If you buy Groot or Iron Fist or Donald Duck separately, you will be able to use them in the toy box mode but not the Avengers play set. You can use Groot on the Guardian of the Galaxy play set and Iron Fist on the Spiderman play set. Donald Duck can only be played in the toy box mode. You don't really have to buy every characters in order to play the game. The Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Starter Pack comes with the Merida and Stitch characters, 2 power discs, the game containing toy box mode only (it is included in the marvel superheroes starter pack). In order to play the play sets, you need to buy all of the play sets otherwise you can only play toy box. If you have the marvel starter pack, it is a waste of money to buy the toy box starter pack because they are the same. The toy box mode is a place where you can create your own adventures. You can build your own race track or a pirate fighting challenge or anything you want. You can also download pre-made challenges. You use the characters from both the marvel superheroes and originals to do all of these challenges. You can enter the toy box from the main menu on the game. The Avengers Play Set playable characters: Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye The Guardians of the Galaxy playable characters: Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, Rocket Raccoon. The Spiderman playable characters: Spiderman, Iron Fist, Nova, Venom, Nick Fury. The Toy Box mode playable characters: Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Spiderman, Iron Fist, Nova, Venom, Nick Fury, Merida, Stitch, Donald Duck, Maleficent, Aladdin, Hiro, Baymax.

Thaaaank you! This is so useful. It seems like there are fewer play sets this time around. I wanted to avoid buying the single characters only to have them come out with a playset featuring that character. The Merida/Stitch set confused me as we had already purchased the other starter set. And then I heard that we may not have even needed to purchase the 2.0 starter pack and could have just downloaded something to work with the first game? Anyway, thanks for spelling it all out. I'm screen shotting your post for when I do Christmas shopping

The Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Superheroes Starter Pack comes with the Avengers play set, 3 characters, the base, 2 power discs and the game (including the toy box mode). If you buy Groot or Iron Fist or Donald Duck separately, you will be able to use them in the toy box mode but not the Avengers play set. You can use Groot on the Guardian of the Galaxy play set and Iron Fist on the Spiderman play set. Donald Duck can only be played in the toy box mode. You don't really have to buy every characters in order to play the game.

The Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Starter Pack comes with the Merida and Stitch characters, 2 power discs, the game containing toy box mode only (it is included in the marvel superheroes starter pack). In order to play the play sets, you need to buy all of the play sets otherwise you can only play toy box. If you have the marvel starter pack, it is a waste of money to buy the toy box starter pack because they are the same.

The toy box mode is a place where you can create your own adventures. You can build your own race track or a pirate fighting challenge or anything you want. You can also download pre-made challenges. You use the characters from both the marvel superheroes and originals to do all of these challenges. You can enter the toy box from the main menu on the game.

The Avengers Play Set playable characters: Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye

The Guardians of the Galaxy playable characters: Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, Rocket Raccoon.

The Spiderman playable characters: Spiderman, Iron Fist, Nova, Venom, Nick Fury.

The Toy Box mode playable characters: Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Spiderman, Iron Fist, Nova, Venom, Nick Fury, Merida, Stitch, Donald Duck, Maleficent, Aladdin, Hiro, Baymax.

Awesome! Thank you. I think I get it now. What happens if you buy an infinity play set like Toy Story and you have infinity 2.0? Will it work?

Thaaaank you! This is so useful. It seems like there are fewer play sets this time around. I wanted to avoid buying the single characters only to have them come out with a playset featuring that character. The Merida/Stitch set confused me as we had already purchased the other starter set. And then I heard that we may not have even needed to purchase the 2.0 starter pack and could have just downloaded something to work with the first game? Anyway, thanks for spelling it all out. I'm screen shotting your post for when I do Christmas shopping

In terms of cost:

If you bought the Marvel Starter Pack:

$75.00 for the starter pack + (optional) $45.00 for the other 3 avenger characters + (optional) $30.00 for Merida and Stitch individual characters = $150.00 with the optional or $75.00 without the optional.

If you bought the Toy Box Starter Pack:

$60.00 for the starter pack + $36.00 for the Avengers Play Set (in order for you to be able to fully play the game) + (optional) $60.00 for the other 4 avenger characters = $156.00 with the optional or $96.00 without the optional.

Awesome! Thank you. I think I get it now. What happens if you buy an infinity play set like Toy Story and you have infinity 2.0? Will it work?

Unfortunately, the 1.0 play sets don't work on the 2.0 game. The characters from 1.0 work on 2.0 toy box mode.

Personally, I won't recommend buying Aladdin right now. Wait for the Aladdin and Princess Jasmine Pack. The pack will come with 2 exclusive power discs that are not available on the blind pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter