**CONFIRMED** Rumor About the Resort Refillable Mugs!

chonte said:
it would be nice if they were bigger since you can only use it at the resort then you wouldn't have to trek across the resort so much. or just let us use them in the parks. if we were not doing the DDP i wouldn't pay for the mug.

I agree completely :)

my kids used to like making a"swamp" drink-mixing the different flavours together--I guess that is out :(

Do you remember what was so tricky about it?

The one thing I remember is that I accidentally put it under the Hawaiian Tropic sugar drink that was not my preference. I hit about a second's worth into my mug and realized it was red. Then... it would not let me get anything else. :rotfl: I think I tried a few minutes later and there was another issue, but I was just too tired to mess with it. I like coffee and water, but sometimes it's nice to have a selection. :)

Mommy to Two Princes said:
Hi, my name is Lori, and I am a Disney addict! And, yes, I do sometimes feel like I need a 12 step program for the Disney obsession. LOL!

We always use the DDP, and get the refill mugs with the DDP. Best. Thing. Ever!!!

I just LOVE it when we get there and I am sitting by the pool with our kids, and my husband brings me my new mug filled with unsweet tea. It's like an early Christmas present for me!

Even if we weren't using the DDP, I would still purchase the cup. You can't beat the $4 per day for drinks at a theme park.

We go every year, and have gotten the same style cup for the past three years, at least. I am still happy with it. I would love to see a new design, but I would be perfectly content with new colors. I am quite partial to purple (hint, hint to anyone at WDW! =)

Me too, purple would be great ! I would love a new design though.

Perhaps you could forego getting ice in that situation since the drinks come out of the machines cold. That way you would get the full 16 ozs. of drink, and since you plan to drink it right away with your meal, you would probably finish it before it ever got warm. Just a thought. :goodvibes

No mention of ice in pp's statement so not sure what your point is, its about waiting not ice

No mention of ice in pp's statement so not sure what your point is, its about waiting not ice

My point is exactly what I wrote. :confused3 If you don't get ice, you get more soda in the cup. If you are going to gulp it down fast anyway, you shouldn't need ice. A mug with ice in it may only be able to hold 10 oz of actual drink. A mug without ice would hold the full 16 oz of drink. So while you would still have to wait (IF there even is a waiting period) for your refill, you would have gotten more drink to last you the time period if you didn't get ice.

Wholesale price of soda is so cheap compared to other things at Disney. Why doesn't Disney just throw in all you can drink at the resort where you are staying. Show your room card for a cup.
Everyone drinks for free (well not for free, the cost would be factored into the food/room costs)
No fancy technology to set up and repair when it fails.
Or, everyone buys their drinks at a reasonable cost. It's only water, food colouring and glucose/fructose, after all.

Just a thought. I only drink water and beer but I always buy a mug for a souvenir. :thumbsup2

Wholesale price of soda is so cheap compared to other things at Disney. Why doesn't Disney just throw in all you can drink at the resort where you are staying. Show your room card for a cup.
Everyone drinks for free (well not for free, the cost would be factored into the food/room costs)
No fancy technology to set up and repair when it fails.
Or, everyone buys their drinks at a reasonable cost. It's only water, food colouring and glucose/fructose, after all.

Just a thought. I only drink water and beer but I always buy a mug for a souvenir. :thumbsup2

Would you give away something that makes you millions of dollars? I wouldn't.

:earsboy: Bill

Would you give away something that makes you millions of dollars? I wouldn't.

:earsboy: Bill

I agree. :) And I really don't think the RDID mugs are that big of a deal. At this point it seems to be being over-analysed. Where'd ice come in, lol. Lets start getting excited about potential new mug designs! :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I agree. :) And I really don't think the RDID mugs are that big of a deal. At this point it seems to be being over-analysed. Where'd ice come in, lol. Lets start getting excited about potential new mug designs! :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I don't think these new mugs will be a problem for most guests. I brought up the no ice idea as a possible solution to a specific poster's concerns. Since the dispensers are volume based, it should help them get more drink. Overthinking? Maybe, but sometimes there are solutions to problems that you can find when you think outside the box. :goodvibes

I brought up the no ice idea as a possible solution to a specific poster's concerns.

I read your no-ice idea the other day before my trip to All-Star Movies. I put it to use and even with the current (old :goodvibes) system it's a good idea.

DH really liked having the mugs last year (we got one night of DDP since we were doing a split stay and had a character meal to kick off the trip). So he'll be getting one again this year, and after a lot of math, we won't be going for the QSDP but buying it separately, probably just one or two mugs since DS and I didn't use them very much.

So where do we buy his mug? Is it just at whatever quick service place is at your resort and you tell them how long your trip is (we're split-staying again, 5 nights/3 nights) and they charge you accordingly?

And it sounds like the mug will work for all 8 nights even we're staying at 2 resorts? (We're DVC, so its not booked as a package.)

This change and the rise in the cost of the mugs makes club level look better and better.

Just to clarify - are you saying a possible $3 increase in the mug cost and maybe having to wait a few minutes between refills makes a substantially more expensive room a better value? Remember, the price increase only affects guests onsite staying a total of four or more night's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter