CONFIRMED - Illuminations replacement

I suck at predictions, but my bet is Illuminations will end either at the same time SWGE opens or on the 20th anniversary of it's debut. I have reservations for both, I'm heavily leaning towards it being the anniversary, Oct. 20th. So yes, I think there's a chance. Don't take that to the bank though.
The anniversary is Oct. 1st.

Oops. Not sure where my brain was. It's a good thing it's the 1st, since that's my reservation! lol I'll correct my post.

Still on the schedule on Oct 2nd :-(, I don't think that means anything at this point. I am really hoping the live stream next week answers the question.

Is that when the transitional show starts? Will I get to see Illuminations when I'm there at the beginning of August?

Just saw that Illuminations will be ending September 30th, with Epcot Forever starting on October 1st. We are leaving on the 1st, but that’s fine. It’s just the interim show anyway.

My conundrum is this. We were planning on going to Epcot on that Monday and staying through the afternoon before hopping to MK. It is not important to me to see the last showing of Illuminations. We’ll catch it at the beginning of our vacation. But I’m worried that the crowd level will rise for Epcot on Monday with all the people wanting to see the last show. What to do, what to do.

I guess the good thing is that MK may be less crowded on the night of the 30th.

Just saw that Illuminations will be ending September 30th, with Epcot Forever starting on October 1st. We are leaving on the 1st, but that’s fine. It’s just the interim show anyway.

My conundrum is this. We were planning on going to Epcot on that Monday and staying through the afternoon before hopping to MK. It is not important to me to see the last showing of Illuminations. We’ll catch it at the beginning of our vacation. But I’m worried that the crowd level will rise for Epcot on Monday with all the people wanting to see the last show. What to do, what to do.

I think you can bank on Epcot being insanely crowded in the evening, I'm not sure how bad it will be during the day, but I would guess certainly more crowded than a normal day. If I wasn't wanting to see the final show, I'd do Epcot another day.

Having the same thoughts, although the reverse. We were planning on going to EPCOT for dinner on both the 30th and 1st (one ADR and were planning F&W one night.) Guess I'll have to do some replanning again.

My reservation is good too. And my dining package too.

In full disclosure, I had booked 2 dates- the anniversary and one just in case it ended when SWGE opened. At least I can cancel one and I don't have to deal with the insanity of opening day! I'm guessing the dessert buffet ( if they even have it) is going to book in record time.

In full disclosure, I had booked 2 dates- the anniversary and one just in case it ended when SWGE opened. At least I can cancel one and I don't have to deal with the insanity of opening day! I'm guessing the dessert buffet ( if they even have it) is going to book in record time.
Right now they aren’t even booking July. But yeah it will book up like lightning. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did some special dessert party that cost more.

I think you can bank on Epcot being insanely crowded in the evening, I'm not sure how bad it will be during the day, but I would guess certainly more crowded than a normal day. If I wasn't wanting to see the final show, I'd do Epcot another day.

I don’t really have another day. I mean, we are doing an Epcot day earlier in the trip. This was to be our second day. The only other option would be to switch it to Tuesday the 1st. We depart late that day, but the crowds will be there that day as well for the new show. I’m probably just going to stick with my plans. If it’s too busy, we’ll just hop over to MK earlier than planned.

Right now they aren’t even booking July. But yeah it will book up like lightning. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did some special dessert party that cost more.

If it goes like it normally does, probably won't see it come open until late May, early June. I'd love to see a special last night event.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wondering if there were any rumors regarding a holiday version of EPCOT Forever starting the Friday after Thanksgiving similar to Holiday Illuminations?

Did I miss something? Thanks!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wondering if there were any rumors regarding a holiday version of EPCOT Forever starting the Friday after Thanksgiving similar to Holiday Illuminations?

Did I miss something? Thanks!
Nothing regarding a holiday version?

From what I can find there is a temporary show and then the new permanent show is "2020". Has anyone seen a date for that? We will be there Jan 2-6, 2020. Curious what the show will be. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter