Concourse Steakhouse ?

vicb

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know how late they serve dinner here?

Any recent reviews of the food?

Was thinking this might make a good late dinner stop after a day in MK.

Thanks.:D

I don't know how late they serve dinner........

We (dd and I) had dinner there one evening. It was excellent. You might ask for a table as far away from the wall divider as possible. On the other side is Goofy's Kitchen and it is VERY noisy!

Our meal there was fantastic and the service was even better than the food!

Unfortunately, my experiences have been that a woman and teenager do not get the "fawning" service that a man gets. I usually have to hunt down and ask for everything (refills, missing food items, etc).

We were there on New Year's Eve, and they were serving until 10 PM.

Our meal was just fine, but I wouldn't call it exceptional. DS and friend had prime rib, which they demolished; DD had a pasta dish with scallops and shrimp - the pesto was a bit much for her, but I thought it was super; I had a KC strip - not Ruth's Chris or Morton's quality, but more Outback/Longhorn quality, still plenty good but not over-the-top; DW had a Caesar salad with chicken, and pronounced it "as good as it gets."

Service was adequate - my guess is that the service staff were those without enough seniority to get off for NYE! ;) Our waiter forgot DD and my starters (Caesar salad and 5 cheese onion soup). He apologized, brought them out with our entrees, and didn't charge for them.

Desserts were a nice cheesecake AND - drum roll - a splendid creme brulee! I don't like "fancified" creme brulee's, with a bunch of different flavorings - I like the pure custardy taste. Well, they got it right. Yummy, and while I could've had it with fresh berries, the way it came was just what I wanted.

In short, not the best Disney meal ever, but more than adequate. I'd give 'em a second try on an evening that wasn't so busy. Noise, by the way, wasn't an issue, and it was fun watching the monorail glide overhead. We'd definitely go back.

I don't know what your itinerary is but wanted to make sure to mention that if you are looking for Steak, you might want to try LeCelier in France at Epcot. I have never had a better steak in my life. My DH who NEVER wants to have steak tried some of mine and said it was delicious and he is insisting that we go back to Le celier on our next trip in March. In fact I just made PS for it. Just thought you might want to know if you were going for the steak.

I do have to admit that I haven't been to Concourse so I don't really have a comparison for you. I went to france on the recommendations from this board a year ago and was very please I did so. We went for a late dinner around 8 and then watched the fireworks at Epcot at 9pm. It worked out real nice.

Just a suggestion. Hope you have a magical time!!

We were there in October and loved the Councourse Steakhouse. Not sure how late they serve though.

I have to add a different perspective, as we had a WAY less than favorable experience at the Concourse.
First off, it was my birthday and my fiance thought it would be good to try someplace different. Now, we have dined almost everywhere at WDW that I ever wanted to, so, I was a little leary, but hey, who knows, right? Well, it was a MVMCP night so it took us a LONG time to get into the Contemporary to park, and the restaurant was EXTREMELY busy. We saw several guest issues with regard to seating and waiting too long. For us, we didn't wait very long past our PS time. For starters, which might seem minor, my DS,8, asked our server what they had for drinks. He listed a bunch of drinks which didn't include root beer (his favorite) and later, he overheard the same server asking someone at another table if they wanted a refill on their root beer. Small detail, but it was just one thing. After we were seated, it was awhile before we saw a server. We finally got drinks and bread. After we ordered (and my meal was the smoked prime rib "meal" that comes with a salad and dessert), it was a looooong time before we saw him again, and he didn't refill our bread, which, considering the wait would have been courteous. We had to ask every time for drink refills, so that meant finding him and waiting more. My salad came out with our meals on top of it, which is never fun. This was a small caesar salad and for the life of me, I'll never understand, but it was the worst salad I've ever had. The dressing was barely noticeable, in fact, it was like wet lettuce, so, no problem, I ask for some extra. Well, I don't know if someone was trying to stretch the dressing out that night, or what, but it was like water and had NO flavor. I made my fiance taste it to see if I was crazy! He agreed with me. I kept saying, "how can a salad be SO bad!?!?" Anyway, along came our meal finally. Well, now I knew what took so long! They were cooking his medium rare $30 cowboy steak beyond recognition!!! :eek: There was not even a hint of pink in it. My prime rib, also medium rare as cooked properly. He would almost never send anything back, but this was just TOO much! :eek: So when our server finally came over and asked if everything was OK, he told him about the steak. His comment was that we weren't the first ones that evening to have that problem. :confused: I had made the decision at that point that my scalloped potatoes were made of cardboard and so gave them to Kevin (fiance), he agreed. I should also point out that Kevin will eat most anything and is easy to please. Anyway, after another VERY long wait, his new steak came out. I don't know why he waited so long for it as it was actually mooing still! :eek: I like steak pretty rare, especially tenderloin, but this was actually nasty. He ate it anyway. I looked the other way! :rolleyes:
The kids had just got their meals (chicken fingers and they both thought they were fine) when (I assume) the pastry chef said they didn't look happy and gave them each a giant hot fudge sundae. Ok, that was nice, but they had JUST gotten their food! Bad timing!
After all this was said and done, and I ate my steak, sans potato (which, for me is tough!) they decide to bring out a piece of cake and sort of sing (just our server). Well, my meal COMES with a dessert, and what they brought was black forest cake. I HATE black forest cake to begin with, so I had it boxed. I was a little annoyed because he then brought our check and no mention of the dessert that was supposed to COME with my meal! So I asked for it, it's the principal of the thing! He brings two, one for me, one for Kevin. Ok, well, wasteful, but nice enough. I told Kevin I didn't and wouldn't want the black forest cake, and if he would like to try it before we left, he could, so we would know whether to leave it behind or not. He likes almost ANY dessert and he took one bite and almost spit it out. More cardboard!!! I've NEVER seen him react so negatively to anything...EVER!
So, we left it behind and left, vowing never to return, unfortunately.
Now, I know that others can and have had good experiences, but ours was not, and the reason I had avoided it in the past was that I had never heard THAT many good things about it to begin with.
Could have been a bad night...in fact, I KNOW it was...but they pretty much ruined my birthday dinner...thank goodness we had dined at Kona Cafe for breakfast!!! THAT was wonderful!!! :)
On top of it all, it was one of the more expensive meals we've ever had, and we will always go to LeCellier, given the choice, which has always been good and much less $$$. (for us anyway)

By the way, to CMbar...did you dine in LeCellier or did you dine in France...I assume it's LeCellier...but that's in Canada, so I just want to end any confusion for someone new to the dining scene that might read! :)

Sorry for the long post!
Karen :smooth:

Msdisney, Yep you are correct. It was Canada. Sorry about that everyone, Wouldn't want anyone to miss the restraunt if you are looking for a reasonable nice meal in Epcot. Sorry about your birhtday meal. That is a bummer, to have a bad birthday dinner in Disney!!!
At least you were in Disney and there was magic in the air!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate hearing the good and the bad. We actually plan to try Le Cellier for either lunch or dinner, my thought was Concourse might be a good stop after a day at MK, not so much for the best steak.

One more ?... does the Concourse Rest. have MK views or just the CR lobby and monorail view?

Thanks again.:D

We have eaten at the Concourse several times and it has been wonderful each and every time.

We used a lunch voucher there, and it was just OK..nothing to write home about (or on the boards about LOL). We won't be going back. Steak at Denny's would do us as well. Service wasn't very good either.

I'm in agreement with Dreamfinder2--adequate, but not exceptional. We've done dinner at the Concourse 3 times. It is convenient to the MK, certainly.
Don't recall any views at all, except maybe of the mob of people waiting to get into Chef Mickeys!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter