Concierge or Not???

Nuts4DVC, you will not feel out of place at all... have a look at my website link below in the disney section and you will see how warm and cozy the concierge lounge is at AKL ~ you will love it!

Just ask for your diet coke if it is not out, they will have it for you in a flash. :)

My wife just underwent major surgery, unexpectedly, after we had planned a trip for April at the BC. I decided to upgrade to conierge to allow me not to have to call each morning for my PS's, to give her a place to get food and drink easily if she stays back at the room, and for help getting all the things together we will need, like a wheelchair.

So far I have been very impressed with the Beach CLub's Itinerary office and they even got me reservations at Cinderellas Royal Table for breakfast!

Thanks MickieD (and everyone else) for you many helpful responses - CL at the GF it is - Hooray!!!!

MickieD - did you and your little ones attend any Character Breakfasts and/or Lunches?

Dopey420 said:
So far I have been very impressed with the Beach CLub's Itinerary office and they even got me reservations at Cinderellas Royal Table for breakfast!

Sorry to hear about your wife;s surgery.. I hope her recovery is swift and you have a wonderful vacation. I stayed BC Concerge and liked it very much.. there are some photos of the lounge and our room on my website link below.

Did Amy Jacobson help you with your PS's? she was wonderful with ours.

Totally off topic, but Cass, you changed your name. I wondered where you went. I loved reading your trip reports. You and your daughter always seemed to have the best trips.

Hope I don't sound weird, but nice to see you back, can we expect anymore trip reports?

mva418 said:
Thanks MickieD (and everyone else) for you many helpful responses - CL at the GF it is - Hooray!!!!

MickieD - did you and your little ones attend any Character Breakfasts and/or Lunches?

Well, I'm not MickieD but we did a few character meals. We went in both Jan and Oct of 2004. I have 3 children who were DD-5, DS- turned 3 on the trip and DD-11 months in Jan.

In Jan we did CRT and CP for lunch.

In Oct we did CP for Dinner, 1900 Park Fare for Dinner and Storybook breakfast.

We LOVED CP both times. Had great food, character interaction and service on both trips.

Storybook was OK and we'd do it again if we couldn't get CRT but I wouldn't do both and would choose CRT over Storybook unless your girls prefer Mulan who is more likely to be at Storybook.....

We were not thrilled with 1900 Park Fare. The food was fine but we felt really rushed and I thought it was too crowded and loud. Perhaps I'm just upset that the ice cream machine was broken or didn't like that the waitress called my DH "grandpa". :earboy2:

We also had breakfast at Boma one morning and LOVED it. The food was great and we had fun exploring the hotel and grounds. We also had lunch at Ft Wilderness and LOVED it. The food & service was great and we loved the quiet break from the parks and had fun at the petting zoo and pony rides and it is a real bargin.

never stopped to break down price, but for little ones its great. Especially if they drink milk. Does anyone know how late concierge is open and is it different in each hotel? pirate:

IloveDMB said:
Totally off topic, but Cass, you changed your name. I wondered where you went. I loved reading your trip reports. You and your daughter always seemed to have the best trips.

Hope I don't sound weird, but nice to see you back, can we expect anymore trip reports?

Hi there! I was posting on a Scott Peterson crime forum 24/7 and following the case intensely, I went to Alaska on a cruise last year instead of Disney so I was not on the board much... when I went to come back my login would not work - so I reregistered. I am happy to be back again :)

I did a dining report on the restaurant board for our trip a few weeks ago, but I have not gotten to the trip report yet :) Thanks for asking about me.

Hey, I know you!!! :) Your old screen name was a little kitty cat face wasn't it?

I must say, I was a little underwhelmed w/ the AKL conc lodge. Don't get me wrong, we LOVED the AKL and did the CL to do the sunrise safari ( which was well worth the cost) but the food just did not cut it. Also, being on another floor from yhe lounge was not my idea of conc. We stayed last summer at RPR in Universal, and the CL meant I could send one 7 y.o. down the hall to meet daddy for breakfast in the lounge, while the other one slept in. There was also water & drinks available easily,I had to ask @ AKL. We also ate quite a filling "dinner" @ RPR after our sit down lunch at a restaurant. I don't want to sound like I am bashing the AKL CL or anything, the staff was very warm & helpful (of course, as someone said I had all my planning done ahead of time), but it just did not seem to be worth it. I would definitely consider if we will do this again or not. Hope this helps. P.S. we were there in Nov 04

I agree with Lovesdumbo. We took DDs 1.5 and 4 to Poly CL (which was AWESOME) last May. Then a trip to AKL in Nov. and WL in Dec. (both non-CL) (we live close and make short trips). If you can afford it without breaking the bank, staying CL with young children is wonderful. You always have milk, juice and snacks on hand and my kids LOVED choosing from the different selections each day. We missed CL service more than we thought we would on the last 2 trips.

I wouldn't resort to eating saltines to go Concierge - it's not worth that- but for a mom and dad of 2 kids who are already tired, CL just makes things a little easier. :flower1: My final comment is that often the CL rooms are more centrally located than other rooms resulting in much less walking around the resort! (this isn't always true, i.e. Poly, but I believe is true for AKL, GF non-Lodge CL, etc.) Whatever you choose, with kids that age, it will be Magical! Have Fun! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter