Concierge or Not???

mva418

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are taking our 2 little girls to WDW in December. At that time, the girls will be 2 and 4 yrs. old. Currently we have reservations at the GF - Concierge Level. Is Concierge Level worth the price since the girls will be so young and the fact that we plan to attend as many Character Breakfasts as we can. Also, what package would anyone recommend? It's my understanding that the packages have changed...Is this correct? Is it worth the $$$ to have a package where all meals are included? Help - I am so confused!

It sounds to me that unless you are willing to pay the extra money for an extended level of service, then there's no reason to stay concierge.

IMHO spend the money for a lagoon view room instead.

Anne

Anne is right, food offerings are only a part of what you are paying for.

I like the advance Itinerary planning services & extra level of service while staying as a guest. I have had great concierge experiences at AKL and BC and found WL more of a concierge-lite

We took our 2 and 4 year old kids to the GF last month and I found the food offerings alone worth the cost of concierge!

Every morning my husband would load up a tray with breakfast stuff and we'd eat up in the room--it was great for our kids because they can't handle 3 meals a day in a restaurant. It was a nice way to start off the day. We did character lunches instead of breakfasts, which we liked better!

Also, one night we blew off our dinner reservation since we ate so much that day--and the kids had plenty to choose from with the concierge offerings (that night it was peanut butter sandwiches and mini-hot dogs), plus all of the fruit and cut-up veggies they offer, it was a great and healthy meal for the kids. They also liked the desserts!

For me, the peace of mind knowing we could feed them at any time without a hassle, or having to make a grocery stop (I hate grocery shopping at home, why would I want to do it for vacation?!) to have snack items or breakfast items on hand. They also provided a gallon of whole milk for our room so we wouldn't have to go downstairs to fill up the 2 yr old's bottle.

We didn't use any of their special services, like itinerary planning (please, they didn't even contact us before our trip, I can't imagine what they could have 'helped' with) or help with Priority Seatings--but we did find access to the food totally worth it, ESPECIALLY for the kids!

I have to admit the evening appetizers are very tempting and have put a damper on going out for dinner because we weren't as hungry as we should have been.

The other thing I like about concierge and kids is it is just a familiar & convenient place to go (ie) when Mom is getting showered and dressed, Dad can have a coffee and the kids a snack at the lounge.. give Mom some peace :D

When we stayed in the Concierge level in the GF I was not impressed. I agree completely that the Lagoon view is a better deal. The Lagoon view is our favorite but this time we are going to try the garden view. I don't like the meal plans because for us I didn't feel they offered any value ( discount ) and had some restrictions. For the price difference between LV an Concierge you can probably order room service every morning with plenty of spare change.

Concierge, we find it is only worth it when we are spending most of our time at the resort..like for a long relaxing weekend. If we are spending most of our time attending the parks and meals in nice places we hardly ever use the lounge and find it to be a waste of money.

Concierge...at GF..not worth it any time. Very disappointing.

For me concierge means relaxing. When you have four people in a room getting ready in the morning, you can trip over eachother or head to the lounge, eat breakfast, read the paper, grab a coke(I don't like coffee), and just relax. When you come in from the parks, stop grab a snack, grab a coke, and head back to your room. It is so convenient to stay concierge. Is it worth the money? I say yes, I can't show you on a balance sheet, but believe me for me and my family it is worth it.

With 2 & 4 year olds, I would think that both parents would want to be with them to help "wrangle".

Anne

ducklite said:
IMHO spend the money for a lagoon view room instead.
Anne

I second this idea. We've only stayed CL at WL. And though we had a great time, loved the food and CM's were nice, I don't think I would do it again. Nothing was wrong, mind you, but I plan everything myself...no need for any help. And if I were on an eating plan or planned to do a lot of sit down/character meals, I wouldn't bother. I certainly wouldn't pay rack rate.

Sitting on my balcony with a cup of coffee from the snack shop(or wherever), looking at the lagoon would be more my style. I would love to stay at the GF sometime. Have a great time no matter what you decide. :D

who stated that concierge for the food alone is worth it!! We keep a very funny sked at disney, meaning no set times for lunch and dinner, never have dinner ressies, etc, and we do great with the food offereing at the GF! We have never had a bad conc. visit there and have a hard time understading why so many do. Maybe the fact that we liketo be left alone and not chat may have something to do with it, LOL!!

the conveinence factor to me is woth the extra money. Our two boys enjoy that splurge of the trip and we have some great times in the lounge with them!! I say go for it!!

arewealmosthereyet? said:
the conveinence factor to me is woth the extra money. Our two boys enjoy that splurge of the trip and we have some great times in the lounge with them!! I say go for it!!
Hi there... were your stays in the main building or out in the lodge buildings?

I am going to try GF RPC one of these days.... so many plans, so little time :)

I think it really depends on how much convenience is worth it to you. Mine will be 3 and 5 at our next trip and we are definitely doing concierge. I never know who is getting up when and who will be hungry when so being able to trot down the hall in bunny slippers sounds like such a cool option to me. Also, they go to bed early so if DH or I take a trip to the lounge and bring back refreshments - how convenient! I have so many things to think about and plan and take care of with 2 little ones, I am willing to pay for that help. I could probably take enough stuff in food 10 times over for what we'll pay for concierge but the key thing is that someone else will be taking care of it - not me! Wow - vacation! Also, if you are in 1 room with 2 little ones - having a close place to go for coffee and early morning movies and breakfast if one gets up before the other will be a treat!

I am another one who thinks concierge is worth it for the convenience of milk, juice and snacks when traveling with young kids. My children loved the lounge and I found they were better behaved in the lounge where they could move around or watch TV then at a sit down rest. On mornings we did a character breakfast I would get a late sitting. Get a quick breakfast in the lounge, go to the parks early and then have more of a bruch with the characters.

we did concierge GF in April 2004 with my then 18 month and 4 year old. It was so convenient. Not only grabbing a nice breakfast, but coming back from the park for a little snack and r and r to tie you over till dinner.

I found it to be fantastic - our room was right next to the lounge (#4420 really a junior suite). CMs were great for booking PS. Worth every penny!!!!

Just booked my next trip GF concierge for April.

by the way, I'm new to the boards but thanks to everyone for the fantastic tips over the past year!!

:flower:

we have stayed in both and loved both. we take the boat back and love that sugarloaf is a tiny tiny bit closer. I think we come close to getting our moneys woth with just the food alone. I am so trashy(my Dh loves point that out to me) that I bring small bagggies for fruit to go for my little ones!!! Its so worth is about 1030a! Bad I know but they dont really eat enough that early when we go out!l go for it, It so easy and relaxing!!

Yes it sure is convenient when you have kids.. we are not park commandos and we need a good nights sleep so usually we are back at the hotel by 7pm to relax & have some desserts & a drink... conicerge puts the 'vacation' part into your vacation ;)

Cass,, I totally agree with you. I almost wish I never tried concierge tho, cos now I expect it,,LOL

Our family of 4 is staying concierge AKL in April. Never have stayed that way before. My twins will be 11 then. I have no idea what to expect. If they don't have my diet coke should I ask them (cm's)? I know you can ask for bottled water also, which is handy when your heading out to the parks. I also do all my planning from home. I only needed to call them for booking the sunrise safari they offer.

I hope I don't feel out of place there :confused:

Hi, I am thinking of switching from the poly concierge to GF. Can you guys give me an idea of what evening appetizers they offer and afternoon refreshments? I have heard some say the polynesian has more but maybe not.thanks,Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter