Concierge or no Concierge?

3GuysandaMom

Traveling on the Magic, 7 night, with 2 sons and DH...

I have heard it is beneficial to try to upgrade to the suite and have a concierge.

Has anyone experienced obtaining these upgrades? Concierge service? The rooms? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

Yes, I understand there will be a price. I heard it was discounted, but still expensive. I just wonder if it is worth it....

The concierge service is a nice extra but that is not the reason to switch to a category 1 - 3 suite. The accomodations themselves are the reason to upgrade. These suites are amazing and afford you a lot of extra luxury and space to spread out and enjoy the cruise. Is it worth it is the popular question and the answer is that it depends. It depends on if you can swing the extra cost
( the difference from a category 4 to a catehgory 3 for a family of 4 is about $2000 ). If cost is no object, then by all means go for it. The difference between a category 3 & 4 is fairly significant in terms of the room and if you think like me that you only live once and you'll worry about the cost when you get home, go for the upgrade.

Not that I've been blessed with that luxury but IMHO, save your $$ for shutters. (or the drink of the day!) It can't be worth it, can it?

Kim ºOº

Originally posted by kshabare
Not that I've been blessed with that luxury but IMHO, save your $$ for shutters. (or the drink of the day!) It can't be worth it, can it?

Kim ºOº

How would you feel about congierge service if you weren't paying for a Category 1-3 room? That's the "dilemma" I face.

I have reservations for a "Vow Renewal" for my DW and I (although I haven't told her about it - it's a surprise). Anyway, the "package" includes, among other things, congierge service, even though we have a Category 8 room. I'm unsure how this is going to work.

Is it worth it? I'm still debating that question. I know I've asked before, but has anyone done the Vow Renewal before and was it worth it?

How much would you pay for congierge service if it was independent of what room you were in? :confused:

Originally posted by stormkrow

How would you feel about congierge service if you weren't paying for a Category 1-3 room? That's the "dilemma" I face.
<snip>
How much would you pay for congierge service if it was independent of what room you were in? :confused:

Probably not much. We are booked in a Cat. 3 not for the concierge service, but for the room size (wanted a private bedroom, and the second bath is an added plus.)

We'll use the concierge to get the dining rotation we want and to make the Palo's reservations before we even leave our houe, but after hearing a variety of comments, I probably wo'nt use them for spa treatments...I'll do that myself.

Any other extras are just that, extras that we're not really relying on.

Anne

Anne-
How did you make your Palo reservations prior to sailing? We'll be in a Cat. 3 suite. I received my documents, but it didn't give any information about making reservations early (other than excursions).

Thanks.

We just returned from the 1/12 Magic - 7 day. We had a cat. 4 reserved and had called a few times to check upgrade prices to move to a 3. It was thousands. We tried as we got closer thinking they might budge. Nope. On the day we checked in, there was availability and the upgrade price was only $800. We did it and VERY MUCH enjoyed the extra space and concierge service. They do so much for you and more if you ask! There is a meeting that you will be invited to on the first day in which you will meet with representatives of the concierge staff and staffs of the Oceaneers Lab/Club, Spa, etc. There you can do all of your reservations without waiting in lines and running around the ship. We did some there and some on our own.

Was the cost worth the extra room and concierge service...at $800 - for us, YES. If it were thousands - for us, that was too much. Hope this helps!:)

Thanks for your perspective. I guess I'll have to make a decision soon. I suspect that romance will win out!

Yes, thank you. Sounds good. We're currently in a cat. 5. Not sure what the $$$ would be to move to a 3. $800 +....

Keep in mind that the poster upgraded from a Cat. 4 for that amount of money at the port...it would be more from the lower categories, if a Cat. 3 were even available.

I'm confused - do you automatically receive concierge if you book a cat 1-3 room? We're crusing on Wonder this summer for a special occasion and my dad booked everything - but he made it sound like, of the 3 cat 2 suites we have between all 14 of us, only one of them was concierge.

Thanks for any light you can shed. :)

jackie

Hi Jackie! Yes, concierge service is automatically included with ALL Category 1-3 suites. However, there are only TWO Category 2 suites on each ship, so you can't have three Cat. 2 suites booked. But if you all have at least Cat. 3 suites booked then you will all receive concierge service. :)

Thanks for your fast reply! I am wondering if what Dad did was a cat 2 and two cat 4's or something...will have to check on that. Either way, I'm excited!

jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter