Concierge/Club Level Information (Sept 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the girafe and the spider. We haven't finished them all yet. The spider is $9.00 with a five and 4 ones and the girafe is a $10. I'll post more when they finish them all.

Your boys did a great job! Can't wait to see more.

CSR has not even decided on the final number of concierge that would be required.

Consequently, details have not been fully mapped out. I would not expect any definite information being available before December or January. He has not even been given a layout for the building, so it is a bit away. Like any rehab, there is no guarantee at this time that it will even be in place until after the start of the year.

Thanks for the tip info. Any Atrium or RPC info will be appreciated also!

Also what special unique services have you received from the Club CM?

Going to WDW on a sort of last-minute "hey, let's do it!" 10 year anniversary celebration trip. VERY nervous about making the right choices, forgetting something, missing something, etc. I am a DL pro, but for some reason very overwhelmed with planning WDW trip (maybe because we started 45 days out?).

We are at AKL CL for the first 3 nights and YC CL for the last 4. (Spoiling ourselves a bit since it's our 10 year celebration). We called and called the ADR line several times a day to try to get ressies before we found out CL CMs could do that for us. We have gotten most of what we want so far and Don at AKL CL helped us get a Chef Mickey ressie that alluded us despite all efforts.

Not sure what has me so nervous, but just worried about getting "bad" room location, missing a "have to" that we didn't know about, that sort of thing. Jaycns, thanks for the details in your TR. Any tips for what we must make sure we do that we didn't know we should (like tell them it's our 10 year anniversary - DUH! - never mentioned it!)?

Also looking for any info on YC CL if anyone cares to share. Thanks all!

- Dreams :wizard:

ETA: It's just the 2 of us, me and DH.

Is this your first WDW trip? When you are at AKL CL, are you going to be there on one of the days of sunrise safari or Wanyama Safari? If so, definitely do at least one of them. I have only done the sunrise safari so far but it was incredible!

Going to WDW on a sort of last-minute "hey, let's do it!" 10 year anniversary celebration trip. VERY nervous about making the right choices, forgetting something, missing something, etc. I am a DL pro, but for some reason very overwhelmed with planning WDW trip (maybe because we started 45 days out?).

We are at AKL CL for the first 3 nights and YC CL for the last 4. (Spoiling ourselves a bit since it's our 10 year celebration). We called and called the ADR line several times a day to try to get ressies before we found out CL CMs could do that for us. We have gotten most of what we want so far and Don at AKL CL helped us get a Chef Mickey ressie that alluded us despite all efforts.

Not sure what has me so nervous, but just worried about getting "bad" room location, missing a "have to" that we didn't know about, that sort of thing. Jaycns, thanks for the details in your TR. Any tips for what we must make sure we do that we didn't know we should (like tell them it's our 10 year anniversary - DUH! - never mentioned it!)?

DisneyBride'03 posted some information for you in Post #100. ;)

CSR has not even decided on the final number of concierge that would be required.

Consequently, details have not been fully mapped out. I would not expect any definite information being available before December or January. He has not even been given a layout for the building, so it is a bit away. Like any rehab, there is no guarantee at this time that it will even be in place until after the start of the year.

Thanks for the update, Buzz2001! :thumbsup2

I've read on another DIS thread that the Stone Harbor Club Lounge at the Beach Club Resort is scheduled to be enlarged? Does anyone have any further info? Thanks very much.

Anita

I'm looking at planning a June stay possibly at AKL. MIL will join us for a few days during our trip. NO WAY is she staying in the same room with us. Tried that once and we got no sleep. We will get her a separate room. But the dates I checked have no CL rooms available, which seems odd this far out, but that is what it says online. (It has listed a standard view and pool view with bunk beds; I also hate she won't have a view). I know, keep calling to see if one opens up. BTW, do you think IPO would have any way of letting us know if one became available?

If this isn't a glitch and we have to get her a non-CL room, what are the chances they will let us pay an extra fee to let her use the lounge with us? It is kind of foolish as she eats like a bird, but we want to be sure she can hang out with us the entire time.

For anyone who may know or ventures a guess...TIA.

I've read on another DIS thread that the Stone Harbor Club Lounge at the Beach Club Resort is scheduled to be enlarged? Does anyone have any further info? Thanks very much.

Anita

I believe rooms were recently rehabbed but I don't know anything about the lounge being re-done or enlarged. I'll keep digging for information!

Anyone reading this who might have any information, please post! :flower3:

I'm looking at planning a June stay possibly at AKL. MIL will join us for a few days during our trip. NO WAY is she staying in the same room with us. Tried that once and we got no sleep. We will get her a separate room. But the dates I checked have no CL rooms available, which seems odd this far out, but that is what it says online. (It has listed a standard view and pool view with bunk beds; I also hate she won't have a view). I know, keep calling to see if one opens up. BTW, do you think IPO would have any way of letting us know if one became available?

If this isn't a glitch and we have to get her a non-CL room, what are the chances they will let us pay an extra fee to let her use the lounge with us? It is kind of foolish as she eats like a bird, but we want to be sure she can hang out with us the entire time.

For anyone who may know or ventures a guess...TIA.

Have you called CRO and been told that there really are no more CL rooms available for your dates? I know the online inventory and CRO's inventory can and do differ sometimes. I don't know how long your stay is, but if only one day has no CL availability, the entire reservation will show "no availability for your dates".

I don't believe IPO can help with room availability, but if you have a confirmed CL reservation already and are in contact with them, it wouldn't hurt to ask. Even if they can't check room inventories, maybe they will have some good advice for you. :confused3

Good luck and I hope you'll let us know how it turns out. pixiedust:

I believe rooms were recently rehabbed but I don't know anything about the lounge being re-done or enlarged. I'll keep digging for information!

Anyone reading this who might have any information, please post! :flower3:

Have you called CRO and been told that there really are no more CL rooms available for your dates? I know the online inventory and CRO's inventory can and do differ sometimes. I don't know how long your stay is, but if only one day has no CL availability, the entire reservation will show "no availability for your dates".

I don't believe IPO can help with room availability, but if you have a confirmed CL reservation already and are in contact with them, it wouldn't hurt to ask. Even if they can't check room inventories, maybe they will have some good advice for you. :confused3

Good luck and I hope you'll let us know how it turns out. pixiedust:

Thanks. I may play around with the dates and see. I haven't called as I'm still in the very early exciting planning...figuring out exact dates, choosing resort..:yay:

I went ahead and contacted the Beach Club concierge staff via email, and they replied that yes, the Stone Harbor Club Lounge is scheduled for renovation, but no dates have been set yet. I don't have more information than that. We're scheduled to be at the Beach Club in mid-December, and I promise to try to take some photos of the Stone Harbor Lounge if the renovations are completed by that time.

Anita

I went ahead and contacted the Beach Club concierge staff via email, and they replied that yes, the Stone Harbor Club Lounge is scheduled for renovation, but no dates have been set yet. I don't have more information than that. We're scheduled to be at the Beach Club in mid-December, and I promise to try to take some photos of the Stone Harbor Lounge if the renovations are completed by that time.

Anita

That would be great Anita! :thumbsup2 Any pictures of the lounge, your room, plus any info about your stay that you'd like to share -- that would be great! :goodvibes

Here is a clearer picture of the Girafe and spider we made.
DSCN2774.jpg

DSCN2775.jpg

My next post on here will be LIVE FROM AKL!!!

Great pictures, Susan! Thanks so much for sharing! We will anxiously await your LIVE posts!! :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2:

2856809919_f630e6b08d.jpg

Here is the YC lounge. We were there in April. We felt it was tiny compared to Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian. There is hardly any where to sit where you are not on top of the people next to you. We love the proximity of the resort to World Showcase but don't think we will stay club level here next time. It wasn't worth the extra cost for what we got out of it.

Thanks for the YC lounge picture and info, acurry417. :thumbsup2

That's a beautiful picture of you and your husband in your signature! Congratulations! :goodvibes

There's a very interesting thread started by mommy2paris titled "Club Level / Concierge - Guidelines & Tipping Info?":

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1958001

TheRustyScupper provided the following information and was kind enough to allow me to post it here:

1) Concierge (and Front Desk) CM's can be fired for taking cash tips.
2) They are supposed to refuse up to three times.
. . . if you ask a fourth time, they take it
. . . but, they must immediately turn it over to a manager
3) The tip goes into a fund, and the manager buys donuts or coffee for all.
4) If they do not turn in the cash, it can be immediate termination.

NOTE: They can accept gifts of up to $75 value (like candy, doll, etc).

(I have also added this information into Post #1) :)

Laura Great thread!! Enjoying all of the CL info...BTW enjoy your upcoming trip:flower3:

Glad you like the thread. :goodvibes

Thanks for the well-wishes on the trip. :thumbsup2 I plan to enjoy myself: good friends, good food & a little good :drinking1

That is, if AirTran gets me there! I just received a "second notification of schedule change" :eek: I never got a first notification! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter