• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concierge/Club Level Information - Part III (October 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking at a few different opyions for our next trip. We are trying to decide betweena few resorts and two of them are Club Level. Which do you prefer between the YC CL or CR CL?:confused3

We returned Wednesday from an amazing week stay at CR - Atrium club with TPV. It was fabulous. Atrium club served tasty snacks, and staff was very helpful and friendly.

Of course the view from the lounge was breathtaking.

I searched for this answer, maybe I'm blind but I didn't find it. I know that you can stay at the resort and use the pool/fitness room/etc the day you check out, but can you use the club level lounge? we're checking out early since we're doing the Epcot segway tour, but it would be really nice to come back and have a late breakfast after the tour. does anyone know? we're staying at yacht club.

In 30 days from today my family and I will be back at the Boardwalk for our 2nd Club Level stay, so now is the time when everything is starting to sink in that's really going to happen.

I am anxiously awaiting my February return to Poly CL. I believe that I have all my meals and tours planned, but I am hooked on these boards and I have a question. Everyone seems to have a favorite resort. I'd like to be able to 'comparison shop' for our next trip. Can I lounge hop to see other options using my Poly key card?

I am anxiously awaiting my February return to Poly CL. I believe that I have all my meals and tours planned, but I am hooked on these boards and I have a question. Everyone seems to have a favorite resort. I'd like to be able to 'comparison shop' for our next trip. Can I lounge hop to see other options using my Poly key card?

No, your CL key to the Polynesian will not open any doors at other CL locations. If you want a tour of the CL at other resorts, simply stop by the front desk and ask for a tour. I'm sure the resort would be more than happy to accommodate your request.

If this latest trip is any indication, never, seriously, if you have booked and haven't heard from them you should send an email with a generic "we are looking forward to staying with you" including your ressie # and dates. You'll likely get back a generic "we look forward to having you" note and blank request sheet to fill out and send back.

I never received an email from the BC IPO's, however, I did email directly and have received OUTSTANDING help from the IPO's. They have helped me plan almost all of my ADR's, birthday surprises (Ears to You package with special birthday ears), birthday cakes, MVMCP tickets, and a whole lot of other magical surprises for my family. I can't speak more highly of the IPO's, they do a great job.

I have to agree with you about BC IPO - they are fabulous!

Last year we had to rearrange our whole trip after my dd broke her leg at our school's "Fun Day". All the ADRs had to be redone (we stay for two weeks so this was no small task). BC IPO was wonderful. They even helped arrange baskets to be in the room for the kids and a birthday cake for my dd.

We're trying the Polynesian CL for the first time this summer and I only hope their IPO is half as good as the BC IPO.

I never received an email from the BC IPO's, however, I did email directly and have received OUTSTANDING help from the IPO's. They have helped me plan almost all of my ADR's, birthday surprises (Ears to You package with special birthday ears), birthday cakes, MVMCP tickets, and a whole lot of other magical surprises for my family. I can't speak more highly of the IPO's, they do a great job.

I'm happy to hear that you have received stellar service! :) It seems to me that everyone staying CL should, but then I guess I figure that since service is what CL is selling....:confused3 We had great service when we used the YC, and I know the YC/BC/ and BWI all use the same IPO office, so I guess somehow I just slipped through a gap in the service plan....its not like I asked for a kidney :lmao:

CR Fan tells me the lounge CMs at BWI are great, so I'm just resigned to my "service" will start later than I initially anticipated and will chalk it up to someone not having their dose of pixie dust. Clearly, a number of CMs have also missed, or one has gone cold turkey as I'm not the only person to have been left having to make the initial contact or received less than personalized service...but that's life in 2010, eh?

We have never stayed CL before and I am not sure of the protocol for tipping. Also I am not sure what to do as far as checking in. Do we have to take one elevator to get to CL or can any of the elevators go to CL.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Ok, I'm a little miffed right now. We will be in Disney on the 20th of this month. The ONLY ADR I got CR Atrium to make was for the new mexican place at Epcot for Illuminations time and I sent that request to them in early October even before they started taking reservations for that location. I just got a message with my itenerary yesterday and my reservations are for 5:30 that Sunday night. 5:30! That's not going to work, that's WAY, WAY to early to try to wait for the 9:00 Illuminations show. I don't know WHAT to do now!

We have never stayed CL before and I am not sure of the protocol for tipping. Also I am not sure what to do as far as checking in. Do we have to take one elevator to get to CL or can any of the elevators go to CL.

Thanks in advance for any replies
The Club Level Cast Members are not allowed to accept tips, however you can get them gifts that are no more then $75.00 in value and even better would be writting a letter to WDW about one of them if there was a specifc Cast Member that went above and beyond for you. Now when you check-in there should be a Cast Member there to meet you and to take you up your the Club Level lounge to check-in.

Ok, I'm a little miffed right now. We will be in Disney on the 20th of this month. The ONLY ADR I got CR Atrium to make was for the new mexican place at Epcot for Illuminations time and I sent that request to them in early October even before they started taking reservations for that location. I just got a message with my itenerary yesterday and my reservations are for 5:30 that Sunday night. 5:30! That's not going to work, that's WAY, WAY to early to try to wait for the 9:00 Illuminations show. I don't know WHAT to do now!
First I just wanted to say that right now the Contemporary Atrium Club Cast Members are not the ones making your ADR's, it's actually the Contemporary IPO Cast Members and they have nothing to do with the Atrium Club Cast Members because they are different. Now as for why they got you a 5:30 PM ADR maybe since the booking window for you date opened that's all they were able to get, because they use the same ADR system as everyone else and don't have access to make them earlier and etc. So have you checked the WDW site yourself to see if you can get a better time?

INFORMATION FOR CONCIERGE/CLUB LEVEL GUESTS

Available at ALL Disney Deluxe Resorts for Concierge Guests:
• Nightly Turndown Service
• High Speed Internet Access (access fees apply)
• Bathroom Amenities (shampoo, conditioner, hand/body lotion, bath & facial soap)
• Complimentary Fax Assistance
• Complimentary Health Club Access
• 2 Adult-Size Spa Bathrobes (in-room use, additional robes can be requested)
• Club Level Check-In from 7am - 10pm
• Club Level Assistance from 7am - 10pm (tickets, dining, recreation, special events)
• Advanced Itinerary Planning
• Refreshments throughout the day in Concierge Lounges
• Secured Key Access to Club Level Floors; 2 resorts have buildings exclusively for Club Level guests: Hawaii & Tonga buildings at the Polynesian are secured key access; Sugar Loaf building at Grand Floridan is secured key access.
• USA Today Newspaper
• Coffee Maker with Coffee & Tea Assortment
• Iron and Board
• Safe
• Hair Dryer
• Refrigerator - not stocked (available upon request at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)
• Library of Disney Movies at Concierge Desk
• VCR and/or DVD Players in suites (upon request at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)
• CD/Clock Radios in Suites
• Discovery Wildlife Excursion

http://allears.net/tp/ak/wildexcursion.htm

I noticed this list includes bathrobes, but when I look at list of amenities that pull up on room descriptions, they are not there.

Are they still offered?

Yes, the robes are still provided. You should have two in your room hanging in the closet. You can even request more if you need them for your child(ren).

Yes, the robes are still provided. You should have two in your room hanging in the closet. You can even request more if you need them for your child(ren).

Thanks. We leave on Wednesday so one less thing to pack.

On the off chance there are no robes already in your room ask one of the Club Level Cast Members or call Housekeeping to bring them up for you. This past August during our Club Level stays at the Contemporary and Boardwalk Inn it just so happened to be that both times our rooms never had the robes when we checked in. At the Contemporary we asked one of the Club Level Cast Members who called and got them for us, then at the Boardwalk we called Housekeeping our selves and they brought them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter