Concierge/Club Level Information - Part II (Sept 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying concierge at Disney one certainly sees some 'sights' lol I remember one 'lady' walking around the YC lounge bare foot, let's just say she had a toenail fungus problem! :eek:

The only person who sees me in my PJs is just myself and my family - wouldn't want to inflict that on my worst enemy :lmao:

Indeed! You and the previous poster, the distinguished wdwkook, are soldiers in The Dirt Bag War. It's not a class war, it's a deportment war. It has little to do with income but everything to do with behavior.

Ah, yes, we saw a PJ bottom-wearing (T-shirt top!) member of the clueless set at the Innkeeper's Club minutes ago...to say nothing about a self-absorbed quintet whose "We Are So Important!" conversation could be heard all the way at the MK.

Ah, civility. We remember you well.

All the best. :thumbsup2:

Nice report BC1836! Sounds lovely~

When we were at YC CL a few weeks ago, the CM's actually removed our dishes and glasses from our tables...(as soon as were done, while we were still sitting)..is the policy different at BWI..or others for that matter? Just wondering now!

Indeed! You and the previous poster, the distinguished wdwkook, are soldiers in The Dirt Bag War. It's not a class war, it's a deportment war. It has little to do with income but everything to do with behavior.

Ah, yes, we saw a PJ bottom-wearing (T-shirt top!) member of the clueless set at the Innkeeper's Club minutes ago...to say nothing about a self-absorbed quintet whose "We Are So Important!" conversation could be heard all the way at the MK.

Ah, civility. We remember you well.

All the best. :thumbsup2:

While I have no intention of showing up in my jammies, how do pajama bottoms and a t-shirt (basically what I sleep in, too) offend you compared to a lot of the overly short, overly tight stuff you see on the street on daily basis? I'm much more comfortable being "in public" (my mailbox, answering the door for the UPS man, watering the front yard, etc.) in my big t-shirt and plaid PJ pants than a halter top and mini skirt. Trust me, that's not something anyone needs to see at this moment and wasn't something I would have worn even when I was a size 4.

Oh and, you should all probably avoid the Polynesian in December because I'm guessing my son, age 3, will likely be watching Wishes in his PJs at least once from the lounge. I'm sure the sight of his Buzz Lightyear-decorated pants and long-sleeved shirt will be highly offensive to the sensibilities of the masses. Far, far different than the Buzz Lightyear shirt and shorts he'll wear in the parks.

While I have no intention of showing up in my jammies, how do pajama bottoms and a t-shirt (basically what I sleep in, too) offend you compared to a lot of the overly short, overly tight stuff you see on the street on daily basis? I'm much more comfortable being "in public" (my mailbox, answering the door for the UPS man, watering the front yard, etc.) in my big t-shirt and plaid PJ pants than a halter top and mini skirt. Trust me, that's not something anyone needs to see at this moment and wasn't something I would have worn even when I was a size 4.

Oh and, you should all probably avoid the Polynesian in December because I'm guessing my son, age 3, will likely be watching Wishes in his PJs at least once from the lounge. I'm sure the sight of his Buzz Lightyear-decorated pants and long-sleeved shirt will be highly offensive to the sensibilities of the masses. Far, far different than the Buzz Lightyear shirt and shorts he'll wear in the parks.
:love:I think children at night in the lounge is not only acceptable but sweet! I know my daughter would love to be a comfy and ready for bed and find that a special treat. I wouldn't be comfortable in my jamies but you better believe I will be sporting my ugg slippers:yay:

I'm sorry to say, and this is not to offend anyone or start an argument, but what one person might consider acceptable and cute (i.e. I'm talking about children wearing pj's in the CL lounge), we just don't *know* what others are thinking, and I don't mean thinking nice magical Disney thoughts. There's been an incident at my cousin's child care facility with a seemingly 'nice' individual and to be perfectly frank it's made me rethink a lot things that I took for granted. :sad1:

I'm stuck, I'm absolutely stuck. We are staying CL on our next stay, that part I know, but I just can't decide where to stay. I've pro-conned all of them, and they all have equal plusses and minuses, and of the three of us going, we each have a different favorite. I've narrowed it down to 3:

Boardwalk CL
Contemporary CL
Poly CL

We stayed at the Poly on our last stay and loved it. I loved how relaxing it was, and we already know where everything is there, huge plus. The other huge plus is the lounge's proximity to the pool, we could run in and out for our afternoon libations as opposed to paying for them at the pool bar. But my husband doesn't care for island/asian food at all, and wouldn't care for the CL snack selections. My daughter wants to stay here.

My husband loves the room decor and the bay lake view pics from the Contemporary. The ability to walk to the MK would be lovely, and the TTC is the first stop after the monorail. The ability to see the fireworks from the CL lounge every night they are held is another great benefit. Plus, it might be nice to stay someplace new. We all agree that the rooms are the best appointed on property, but once again, we've already stayed at a monorail resort. My husband would like to stay here.

We love the WS at Epcot, it was our favorite part of our whole trip, and we love to eat and drink. :thumbsup2 The Flying Fish is my favorite restaraunt at Disney as well. The rooms at the Boardwalk look almost as lovely as the ones at the Contemporary. The ESPN Club and the microbrewery would be a huge draw for my hubby. And the ability to walk to two parks is awesome! However, I kind of hate the clown slide at the pool, and I'm afraid that we would miss a beach for relaxing, like at the Poly. But push come to shove, I would like to stay here for location and dining options alone.

:eek: I'm tearing my hair out here, I can't decide! :eek:

It sounds like BC or YC CL would be perfect for you!

Walking distance to EPCOT, DHS and the Boardwalk - no clown slide but an amazing pool, just a wonderful resort overall.

Repulses me - barefeet in the lounge, bathing suit not or barely covered up, people grabbing food items, parents who let their kids touch the food.

However I have to say little kids in their pjs in the lounge wouldn't bother me at all. I would never wear pjs in the lounge but if they covered everything up it really wouldn't bother me.

We are currently staying the the BWI Garden Suites. A gorgeous, two-level cottage-like facility with our own fence-enclosed front yard.

The CL staff members are first rate; however, as usual, a few guests are too lazy to return their glasses and dishes a mere 10 feet or less to the return table. Also, a few Cro-Magnon types (with apologies to the Cro-Magnons) entered the Innkeeper's Cub without footwear. And a few wonderful parents failed to monitor their little darlings' "let-me-grab-this-food-item-take-a-bite-and-then-put-it-back" behavior. And, finally, please dress for CL: it is not a swimming pool or a dumpster.

Still, the weather is spectacular, the F&W Festival is superb and Disney magic reigns supreme.

All the best. :thumbsup2
Thanks for the live report and I agree about the guests who can't return their dirty dishes and glasses, because as you said the table for them is right there where everyone can see it. Now when we stayed Club Level at the Boardwalk we only saw one family who did that, however I have seen it more often when staying Club Level at the Contemporary.

When it comes to little kids wearing their PJ's in the lounge I don't see anything wrong with that, although adults are the ones who should not be doing that.

Nice report BC1836! Sounds lovely~

When we were at YC CL a few weeks ago, the CM's actually removed our dishes and glasses from our tables...(as soon as were done, while we were still sitting)..is the policy different at BWI..or others for that matter? Just wondering now!

The excellent staff at The Innkeeper's Club will clean up for those who have no sense of personal responsibility while dining in an area shared by other guests. But they will only clean up after the crude 'n' rude have left their messy tables.

To some, a club level reservation means self-entitlement. The self-absorbed treat the staff members like servants, which they are not: they are hard-working individuals who try and make guest stays enjoyable and memorable.

BTW: Sleep wear is for the bedroom not dining facilities.

All the best. :thumbsup2

It sounds like BC or YC CL would be perfect for you!

Walking distance to EPCOT, DHS and the Boardwalk - no clown slide but an amazing pool, just a wonderful resort overall.

Thank you so much for your opinion! The BC was my first choice initially, but I started to get a little leary after reading quite a few poor reviews. The pool and location alone make it a great choice, and the ability to just walk over to the Boardwalk for dining options makes it all the better.

Thank you so much for your opinion! The BC was my first choice initially, but I started to get a little leary after reading quite a few poor reviews. The pool and location alone make it a great choice, and the ability to just walk over to the Boardwalk for dining options makes it all the better.

I love the YC/BC area..and SAB:) Have enjoyed two stays at YC CL...both wonderful!
As far as poor reviews....everyone will always have a different opinion based on their own experience...and HOW they experience it!
Or what their expectations are/were.....
I am so going to miss it in Jan for my next Half....:(

We loved our stay at the BC last year. It was really magical -- and the CL CMs couldn't have been nicer. The pool and location make the YC and the BC one of our favorites. I was a little leery after reading reviews of the lounge -- all I can say is that we were pleasantly surprised by how nice it all was. The BC rooms are really nice, too.:goodvibes

As for dress in the lounge, I think that anything you would feel comfortable wearing down in the lobby or in a restaurant would be ok. I personally wouldn't go to in my nightclothes.

With little kids, of course, things are different. I remember one time at the Grand Californian they had bedtime stories with milk and cookies and asked that all the little kids come in their jammies.

When we stayed BC CL this year I asked one of the CL CMs where to put our dishes since they had changed the lounge around. He told me there was no longer a place to put them that the cms would take care of it. I hated just leaving our plates and such but that is the way they do it there now. They used to have a small area for the dirty dishes. My guess is that not a lot of people bothered to use them. In fact the cm thanked me for asking and seemed surprised that anyone would care about their dirty dishes there!

When we stayed BC CL this year I asked one of the CL CMs where to put our dishes since they had changed the lounge around. He told me there was no longer a place to put them that the cms would take care of it. I hated just leaving our plates and such but that is the way they do it there now. They used to have a small area for the dirty dishes. My guess is that not a lot of people bothered to use them. In fact the cm thanked me for asking and seemed surprised that anyone would care about their dirty dishes there!

Same thing happened to us at the BC. I couldn't find where to put them and was told that they would clean up after us. But at AKL, the GF, and the Poly there is an easy to find place to put dirty dishes. Most people seemed to clean up after themselves, but some didn't bother. :sad2:

As for dress in the lounge, I think that anything you would feel comfortable wearing down in the lobby or in a restaurant would be ok. SNIP

Exactly.

Personally, I have never witnessed guests dining at Chef Mickey's or 'Ohanas for breakfast in their PJs and slippers or bathing suits. In fact, the CL lounges at WDW are the only dining venue I can recall ever witnessing this.

It does make me wonder why adults deem it appropriate to wear PJs, slippers and bathing suits in the CL lounge, but not any other public dining venue:confused3. Everyone in the lounge (other than comp upgrades) have paid a premium to stay there, not just those who feel that they are entitled to conduct themselves in any manner that makes them feel comfortable.

Exactly.

Personally, I have never witnessed guests dining at Chef Mickey's or 'Ohanas for breakfast in their PJs and slippers or bathing suits. In fact, the CL lounges at WDW are the only dining venue I can recall ever witnessing this.

It does make me wonder why adults deem it appropriate to wear PJs, slippers and bathing suits in the CL lounge, but not any other public dining venue:confused3. Everyone in the lounge (other than comp upgrades) have paid a premium to stay there, not just those who feel that they are entitled to conduct themselves in any manner that makes them feel comfortable.

I wouldn't do it bit I have seen this in concierge lounges all over the world. Maybe some of the people wearing their pjs to the lounges are foreign or have traveled extensively. The first time I saw this was in a super exclusive hotel in the 1980s and I have to admit that I was taken aback for a few seconds.

Thanks PolyDec2008 for starting a new thread!!! RachelTori will be appreciative I am sure...as all the CL lovers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter