Concerned we have booked the wrong time to go in November.

I wouldn't stress that much over it. Many of the schools in Jersey have returned to being off just for the teacher's convention rather than the whole week. That's the 9th and 10th. There are very few down times at WDW anymore. We used to enjoy the first week in December but that became worse than Jersey week with football teams and cheer. Jan. Feb can have the South American tour groups. The weather is usually great in November so that makes up for a lot.

OP, I am super jealous that you have two weeks at AKL! I think with 2 weeks you'll have plenty of time to do everything you want to do and still get some rest in there. The longest we've ever gone to WDW is 9 nights- in the middle of August with the heat index over 100 every day- and we had a great trip! Being able to stay longer means you can take things in smaller doses, whether the heat or the crowds are what's getting to you. You're gonna have a GREAT trip!

Go when it works for you and don’t worry about the crowd level. We’ve been all times of year (including Christmas) and we no longer even take crowd levels into consideration when booking trips. It’s more important just to have a good plan on your park days.

Also with AKL you'll have access to EMH at Magic Kingdom and Epcot. We went after the MK fireworks and the crowds had definitely bottomed out. Had we not gotten stuck on Haunted Mansion, I probably would have been able to knock out more before EMH even started.

We’ve been that week a few times. Yes it’s busy but completely doable with a good plan and G+ some days if you have it in the budget. If not you’ll still be fine since you have two weeks at Disney. I wouldn’t worry at all. We get so much done doing 9-10 days during jersey week.

Its not bad, we have done 2 of these so far, and we are from jersey, lol. Wow, one state has off out 50 and you all act like all of nj will go to disney. The marathon and wine and dine at epcott will make it crowded. Epcott on the weekends will be a no go from the locals. Otherwise you will be fine. We try to avoid the parks on the weekends if we can. So see other stuff or relax then. Its not bad, you will be fine. And its always a good idea to rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter