Concern about transportation at POR

This! Also if we are in any kind of hurry and just don't want the stress we just get a cab.

I completely agree -- too many people have their hopes set up in the clouds that their vacation is going to go 100% as they wanted it to when they wanted it to and they are the only ones that matter. That can only be true is you are going on a vacation that only involves YOU!

Not when you are going to WDW, which makes up 43 square miles, has 70 miles of roadways, 36 individual resorts, 363 buses, which travel 15 million miles every year and transport almost 100,000 visitors to MK every day.

As my ticker indicates, I've stayed at many of the resort hotels, and I can 100% state that the WORST bus service I ever experienced was at the "Flagship" hotel -- The Grand Floridia. Because they have boat and monorail to the MK and easy walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail, getting to DHS and AK can mean a long wait.

So to say POR is a "hot mess" when it comes to buses is just your personal opinon.

Tom

Yep completely subjective, im the only one on these boards that said the trans. At por was bad:rotfl2:

Many stays at POR...haven't had an issue yet. That's not to say there haven't ever been issues. But....every resort has had transportation issues. At POR, each half of the main bus stop serves two destinations. I can't tell you how many times I have seen guests going to one park, stand in one area....usually the furthest spot because it 'looks' like the front of the line, only to find their park bus is arriving at the 'other half' of the stop. Of course, it's all well marked but people still don't realize.
Also.....every bus, at every resort, is going to be jammed from 45 mins prior to park opening until about an hour after opening. Just the way it is. And buses from 11am-3pm, or so, tend to run less often due to less need.
Now, I certainly know my way around WDW via the Disney transportation system. But, due to some hiccups in the system, it has taken me 90 mins to get to an ADR. And it shouldn't have. You need to remember that this is basically public transportation. It isn't always going to be fast.
But in all honesty? I can't say that buses at POR are any worse than at any other resort...and I've stayed in most of them!

Hi original poster: My family has stayed at POR several times. I can honestly say we have NEVER had a problem with the buses. We go October, Nov, and Dec. usually. Don't know if this affects it. Also stayed one September but it was so hot and humid, who noticed the buses:lmao: We always get to the bus stop 1 hour before we want to arrive. If we have adr's we leave one and a half hours before or more. We are always early and just wander around people watching or go to an attraction. It is better to be early than arrive exactly when you "think" the buses will get you there! I love all things POR, so that may play into it too. One time we had to wait 30 minutes for a bus from HS to take us to POR, but someone called and one was sent right away. It was a very busy night post fantasmic, soooo.... Don't let these reviews keep you from a fabulous resort, and just get to the bus stops in plenty of time . We arrive at POR in 2 weeks:cool1:

Many stays at POR...haven't had an issue yet. That's not to say there haven't ever been issues. But....every resort has had transportation issues. At POR, each half of the main bus stop serves two destinations. I can't tell you how many times I have seen guests going to one park, stand in one area....usually the furthest spot because it 'looks' like the front of the line, only to find their park bus is arriving at the 'other half' of the stop. Of course, it's all well marked but people still don't realize.
Also.....every bus, at every resort, is going to be jammed from 45 mins prior to park opening until about an hour after opening. Just the way it is. And buses from 11am-3pm, or so, tend to run less often due to less need.
Now, I certainly know my way around WDW via the Disney transportation system. But, due to some hiccups in the system, it has taken me 90 mins to get to an ADR. And it shouldn't have. You need to remember that this is basically public transportation. It isn't always going to be fast.
But in all honesty? I can't say that buses at POR are any worse than at any other resort...and I've stayed in most of them!

What you said, and to add -- if you want to look for disappointment, you will find it.

Tom

I do have to laugh at the people that head to the buses at peak times, especially right after fireworks etc. with 1,000's of other people and expect to have a 10-20 minute wait:lmao: I guess they just expect those folks, that they are shoulder to shoulder with when leaving the park, will just somehow vanish once they get out of the park. I have stayed at all 3 levels, over 30 trips and I have had trips where it seemed like the buses were reserved for us, as soon as we walked up one pulled up. I have also had trips that the resort had to call to get one sent because the dispatcher messed up. None of these experiences come close to when we were stuck on the monorail for over 3 hours with 'NO' AC(can you say locker room smell).
I just read a post about POP, which a lot of posters say they have great bus service and the poster that just got back said it was the worst they have ever encountered. It really is hit or miss, but you also have to take in the size of the resort as well. Bigger resorts will probably have more issues then say POFQ. That is my spiel of the day:laughing:

We have had issues with overcrowded buses at park closing but never in the morning. Sometimes we have been unpleasantly surprised that 3 or 4 MK buses came by while we were waiting for Epcot or AK. Seems to be random!

But we never go for breakfast ADRs so that could make a big difference

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter