Conceirge on the Wonder Questions

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
Is the concierge welcome lunch available on the wonder out of San Diego (I heard this was a thing on one of the ships)
Is there a hot tub on the Wonder Concierge Deck? (After doing a search, I got conflicting answers on this)
Can they help me get a seat in the front at shows? (I have issues with my vision, and with my knees I can't really get down all the stairs to the floor, the last time we were on a Disney cruise, one of the cast helped me go through a cast the only area at the bottom so I could have a front row seat and see the show clearly)
Will it make room service any faster?
What type of food in the lounge?
Is the bar in the lounge free from 5 - 10? - I know I can't get blended drinks there, but I can still get them in other areas of the ship right?
What time do the adult sections of the main areas close at night? We tend to stay up late

Sorry for all the questions, but we're trying to make a choice on which cruise to pick, and the answer to these questions will factor heavily as these are the things we might really appreciate in Concierge... We won't be leaving the ship during the port day, as a lesbian married couple we are always a little afraid in foreign ports, but we love being on the boat. And we're iffy on Palo and tastings, so the access to those types of reservations may not play a part for us.

I haven’t sailed the wonder and can’t answer most of your questions, except for room service. I do believe it comes quicker for concierge. It was just a personal observation. We called and ordered told it would be about a half hour or a little more for the food to arrive and less than 10 minutes later we got our food. I think our ticket was moved to the front. Not sure if that’s standard or not though.

I haven’t sailed the wonder and can’t answer most of your questions, except for room service. I do believe it comes quicker for concierge. It was just a personal observation. We called and ordered told it would be about a half hour or a little more for the food to arrive and less than 10 minutes later we got our food. I think our ticket was moved to the front. Not sure if that’s standard or not though.
We've never sailed concierge, but it never took half an hour for our room service deliveries, either.

Is the concierge welcome lunch available on the wonder out of San Diego (I heard this was a thing on one of the ships)
Is there a hot tub on the Wonder Concierge Deck? (After doing a search, I got conflicting answers on this)
Can they help me get a seat in the front at shows? (I have issues with my vision, and with my knees I can't really get down all the stairs to the floor, the last time we were on a Disney cruise, one of the cast helped me go through a cast the only area at the bottom so I could have a front row seat and see the show clearly)
Is the bar in the lounge free from 5 - 10? - I know I can't get blended drinks there, but I can still get them in other areas of the ship right?
What time do the adult sections of the main areas close at night? We tend to stay up late

Sorry for all the questions, but we're trying to make a choice on which cruise to pick, and the answer to these questions will factor heavily as these are the things we might really appreciate in Concierge... We won't be leaving the ship during the port day, as a lesbian married couple we are always a little afraid in foreign ports, but we love being on the boat. And we're iffy on Palo and tastings, so the access to those types of reservations may not play a part for us.
We sailed the wonder a couple of months ago and they did have the concierge lunch and it was in Tritons I believe.

For some reason I don’t remember if there is a hot tub or not but if there is one, it is in the concierge sun deck above the lounge.

To answer one of your questions, there is not a hot tub on the concierge sun deck on either the Wonder or the Magic. I believe they have them on the bigger ships. I recommend googling Concierge Lounge Wonder. There are a number of videos. The type of food depends on the time of the day.

Disclaimer: I have not been on a concierge cruise on the Wonder yet.

There is a concierge lunch in one of the MDRs on each ship.
There is not a hot tub on the Wonder concierge deck.
I would contact DCL Special services about you needing to be up front in the theaters and your knee problems.
I'm not sure if room service will be faster or not.
Types of food in the lounge is the same on all ships. In the morning they have b'fast stuff - pastries, cereal, fruit, yogurt, granola, coffee, tea, milk, juice, etc. During the day they had salads, sandwiches, finger foods. They also had small desserts. My memory is fuzzy about all of this.
They have complimentary drinks in the evenings. I don't remember the times. It started before 1st dinner seating.
You can get drinks at other area of the ships.
I'm not sure about the timing on when everything shuts down. I think it is around midnight. (I could be wrong).

You can look at past Personal Navigators and menus on the Disney Cruise Line Blog.

yes as of end of April. Very nice way to start the cruise.

No

I would ask. They really try to accommodate requests

Nope.

Small treats, sandwiches, finger foods, pastries. Chocolate covered marshmallows with Mickey sprinkles. Small but flavorful snacks that rotate through the day. My 9 year old daughter summarized it well, “the desserts in Cabanas look fun, mom, but they don’t have any flavor, but the ones in the lounge do. They are small but taste good!”

Is the bar in the lounge free from 5 - 10?
Yes.
- I know I can't get blended drinks there, but I can still get them in other areas of the ship right?

Can’t help you there- we had young ones.

We sailed in March in Concierge on the Wonder.
No Hot tub.
The food served varried throught the day. available on small plates. savory and sweet all day
The Welcome Lunch was in Tianas. we loved it
We traveled with a relative who needed assistance and there was a system available to let us in early next to the bottom of the stage so we could sit in the front row.

We sailed in March in Concierge on the Wonder.
No Hot tub.
The food served varried throught the day. available on small plates. savory and sweet all day
The Welcome Lunch was in Tianas. we loved it
We traveled with a relative who needed assistance and there was a system available to let us in early next to the bottom of the stage so we could sit in the front row.

Thank you so much for this, how are the small plates in the lounge for someone who prefers savory but can't eat cheese or meat, except seafood? (The wife is a pescatarian who is allergic to cheese, me I'll eat just about anything if it tastes good.)

Thank you so much for this, how are the small plates in the lounge for someone who prefers savory but can't eat cheese or meat, except seafood? (The wife is a pescatarian who is allergic to cheese, me I'll eat just about anything if it tastes good.)
Just let them know in the lounge your food preferences. I remember seeing a ton of options. I am gluten free and they prepared gluten free sandwiches for me daily. They also had gluten free cookies for me.
I also answered your questions 3 posts up... but I might have done it so it looks just like a quote and not answers :oops::-)...but hope some of that helps and hope that you enjoy your cruise. The concierge staff really out of their way to accommodate all of your needs ... and desires...

If you let them know in the lounge your preferences, they will make sure there is something there that your wife can eat. When we traveled on the Fantasy, there was a girl also sailing concierge with some pretty severe dietary restrictions. We saw the hosts on more than one occasion bring out food specifically for her.

We ordered room service and got it within 30 minutes of ordering it. I do think if you have the concierge hosts order for you (like they do for full breakfast), it does arrive faster.

Yes from 5-10. You can get blended drinks elsewhere on the ship but you will be charged for anything you order outside of the lounge.

For what it is worth, we love sailing concierge. We've felt super pampered and relaxed throughout thanks to the amazing Concierge staff on the Disney ships. I haven't sailed on the Wonder yet (September get here faster!), but I've heard it is the best lounge of the bunch even with it missing the hot tub. It's right over the adult pool area.

@katmigordon Its been a few years since we sailed concierge but when we did it, we had two with food allergies and one of them also needed help from special services. At that time, if you email land side concierge, they'd take care of emailing everyone else for you.

1. Yes, in Tiana's. Same as the regular lunch sit-down menu but with addition of lobster salad and free alcoholic beverage if you want one. I found the service slow and wished we had gone to the buffet.
2. No. It's a pretty small outdoor area with some loungers and round lounge couches, overlooking quiet pool.
3.I don't know. Technically concierge does not have reserved seating for shows like other cruise lines, however there is special seating for those with mobility issues so perhaps you would qualify for one of those.
4. No. Not at all. It really seemed to depend on how busy they were. Breakfast was slow if we didn't pre-order night before.
5. Breakfast - pastries, fruit, sometimes cheeses or meats. Daytime - sandwiches, cookies. Teatime - Scones, cakes, eclairs or other pastries, tea sandwiches Evening - canapés, cheeses, more dessert items. I saw shrimp once. None of the food items were really very good. I don't think anyone should book concierge for the lounge food. The drinks were available from about 5-9 if I remember correctly. Most people seemed to enjoy either wine or beer but they could make some things that required mixing. If you are planning to enjoy the evening appetizers and drinks I recommend getting second seating in the MDRs so you can relax and not feel rushed.
6. We didn't go to any of the adult areas but they seemed to be open until at least midnight.

We are sailing Concierge on the Wonder on the July 8th cruise. I have talked with special services frequently due to my 18yo having a service dog and my 16yo having pretty significant food allergies. One of our main reasons for choosing concierge this cruise was the lounge and the extra attention/services we will appreciate taking advantage of this cruise. In my experience, if you ask they will take care of any requests as long as it is possible.

It seems some of the questions have been answered sufficiently. Wanted to add one item to consider about in room dining. As concierge, 1 bedroom suites and up have the option of ordering from the main dining room for dinner. Menus are in the lounge, just tell the host your order and it will be delivered to the room. If you are lucky enough to be in the Royal (or 2 bedroom) you also have the option to get in room Palo.

We have sailed concierge on both the Fantasy (September 2018) and the Wonder (March 2019). We much preferred the concierge on the Fantasy. The concierge staff on the Fantasy were more experienced, and the concierge space seemed much more intimate.

The concierge bartender on the Wonder was not very engaging. Additionally, the concierge food was generally put out later than the stated times. And, I was chided by the food service employee in concierge for attempting to take an hours devours before he had completed his set up, even though he was quite late in getting it set up.

I've sailed multiple times on the Wonder in concierge. It's got my favourite lounge and sundeck, hands down!!

The welcome lunch was done in Tiana's Place.
There is no hot tub on the sundeck.
Not sure about the seating in the lounge. In general, there is no preferred Concierge seating, but you can always ask.
I believe it does make room service faster. I've never had to wait anywhere near the amount of time they quote you when you place your order.
Mostly finger foods in the lounge, tiny sandwiches, fruit, meat, cheeses, pastries, little desserts. All of it to die for ;)
Yes, open bar from 5-10 pm daily. Only free in the lounge, yes you can get blended drinks elsewhere, though.
Sorry, not sure as I'm not a night owl.

Hope you have an amazing cruise!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!