• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Computer access at OKW?

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
My son needs to be online one day during the week of our vacation in order to sign up for next semester's college courses. How does the computer access system work at the DVC's especially OKW? How much does it cost and do you get the access for your length of stay or can it be done on a day to day basis? I know that some hotels don't charge but I have read that WDW charges a fee.

I believe it is $9.95 per 24 hour period plus tax billed to your room. It is wired access. It is a paradox that the less expensive hotels give it away free and the business and upscale hotels charge for it.

Another option is to use a dialup connection. Cost is $0.35 per call for DVC members and $0.75 for other guests. Just make sure you have a local connection number - as long distance surcharges will run quite high.

Enjoy!

I used to have a DSL ISP that provided 20 hours of free dial-up for things like when you were travelling. I have a cable ISP now, and they have no dial-up at all. I read a suggestion, I believe it was here at disboards, about using the free software that comes in the mail or can be picked up in stores. Two important things to remember are to use a local number, and to cancel the ISP before the free period expires.

WebmasterDoc said:
Another option is to use a dialup connection. Cost is $0.35 per call for DVC members and $0.75 for other guests. Just make sure you have a local connection number - as long distance surcharges will run quite high.

Enjoy!

doc -
does this dvc rate apply at hilton head and vero as well as wdw? or is it just in orlando? tia

$0.35 is the rate to members for local calls at all DVC resorts.

You still must have a dialup internet provider (I usually use Netzero) and must make certain the access number is truly a local call (at HH any call off the island is long distance and subject to (IMO) outrageous surcharges. At Hilton Head, I just purchase service from a local provider (ISLC has a special week rate) to make sure I have a local number.

We are in MN right now and I just paid 12.95 for 360 hours of access (I will be here a weel, so that should more than be enough! ;) ).

All Disney resorts charge $0.75 for local calls - but DVC members only pay $0.35 for local calls while staying at DVC resorts.

Enjoy!

thanx, doc! you have such great info! am spending the nite off-site [about 3 hrs away at our regular stop over when en route to wdw] and enjoying their 'free' connection! will look into that local provider tip for sure! can't wait to wak up and head for the resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter