Comparison: Orlando Premier outlets (on Vineland) vs Prime outlets (on I drive)

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
Would appreciate opinions...

We went to the Orlando Premier outlets on Vineland last fall during our trip and thought it provided some of the best shopping deals we've ever seen. We were shopping for clothes for ourselves (Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Perry Elis, Anna Taylor) and the kids (Carters, Gymboree, Nautica kids).

We haven't been to the Prime outlets on I-drive? It looks to have a similar store directory as the Premier outlets (few differences I saw was that Prime has Sak's and North Face) but I was curious as to how it compares in terms of selection/deals, the 'quality' of their coupons, and the busy-ness compared to the Premier outlets.

We shopped at both last Christmas. I have to say that most of the shops were fairly similar although there were quite a few more of the upscale ones at Premier. In saying that though, there was a lot of construction going on at Prime and I'm pretty keen to get back there once its done. I was able to spend a day at each, (Yes I love to shop) but spent an awful lot more money at Premier.

The one on Vineland is called Orlando Premium outlets and the one at the north end of I-Drive is Prime.I also would agree that the Premium has better stores,I've only been to the Prime ones once since they made the new buildings and the change from Belz to Prime.It's definitely a lot nicer to the 1970's style buildings they had when it was Belz and I was amazed how much the new Prime outlets look like the Premium outlets,they must have been made by the same people.When i went to the Prime outlets there was still a section that wasn't finished and looked like when completed might be bigger than the Premium outlets now,but Premium just bought the Dixie Stampede location to make more stores and a parking garage.

I'm not a shopper by any means but DW is. Premium Outlets has an outdoor bar so I could get a couple of beers. I liked that!

They are pretty much the same now which I think is sad. When the mall was the belz mall they weren't as fancy but the deals were better. If you want to find some deals and don't need all the fancyness then head over to 535 and go to the less fancy LBV outlet mall. We found many deals there.

I went to the new Prime last December, it was okay but not everything was open yet; and it's at the end of I-Drive, which I just do not like driving. We really like the Premium outlets, it is a better location for us as we mainly visit WDW/SW, and they are adding more stores in the area. Both have decent deals, though rarely spectacular (though I am a bargain shopper, lots of others may disagree). FWIW.

Closest to Disney: Premium
How easy to get there: Premium is very convenient
Shops: Based on some new openings Prime wins this round - Now has Saks, Sean John and Neiman Marcus plu sall the other names
Food Court: Premium
Ditch the Kids: (teenagers) Prime is close to FunSpot, Movie theater, Van's Skate park - so they could do something fun close by

Orlando Premium Outlets
Diesel, AX, Kenneth Cole, Tommy Hilfiger, Gap, Banana Republic, FCUK, Polo, Nike, Adidas, Hugo Boss, Guess, Calvin Klein, Ann Taylor, bebe, DKNY, Lucky Brand, Perry Ellis, Theory and more.
Drive Time from Disney: Under 10 minutes, see web site for directions

Orlando Prime Outlets
Ann Taylor, Hugo Boss, Guess, Calvin Klein, Gap, Banana Republic, Aeropostale, Kenneth Cole, Juicy Couture, Neiman Marcus Last call, Oakley, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Sean John, Tommy Hilfiger, Under Armour, Wet Seal and more.
Drive Time from Disney: Under 15 - 20 minutes, see web site for directions

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter