Comparing resorts

dg39

DIS Veteran
Can you compare any of the moderates to the hotels on the blvd. There the ones that are on property but off site. I have ressies for CRB for a 5 day mini trip. Never been to a disney moderate, we usually save and save and save all year & then in the summer we stay at the CR tower. We can squeeze in this trip in Nov. but have to either stay at a moderate or one on the blvd. Any feedback on any of those hotels would be appreciated. Also,, has anyone ever stayed at the Radission Pkwy. I think I read some good reviews about it, but now I'm totaly confused about where to stay. I did get a price of 99.00+tax for CBR waterview, but I'm wondering if I can do better somewhere else. We peaked in the Hotel Royal Plaza and it did seem real nice, but I don't know to much about any of them. Please help....

We've stayed at Grovsner and the Hotel Royal Plaza. Otherwise, almost all Disney deluxes including the S/D.

Grovsner is ok, haven't stayed there in some years, was in need of renovations. I actually thought Hotel Royal Plaza was very nice and on this same trip we also stayed at DL, now POR.

There were things I liked better about HRP and things I liked about DL. I guess from staying at deluxes all of the time I was a bit disappointed with DL's room. It felt more like a motel to me although the grounds were beautiful. The convenience of the food court was nice. And, of course you could use Disney's transportation services. But you had to bus everywhere, they did have a boat to DD but it was always an hr wait or more.

HRP and the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd have their own bus systems and they don't run that often unless that's changed. It was nice to have the option to walk to DD though. From HRP it was a pretty long walk but Grovner was 2 hotels away.

Unless the Raddison bought out a hotel on Hotel Royal Plaza Blvd it is not going to be within walking distance and very unsure as to whether it would be on the bus route with those hotels as well.

It's a tough decision to make, if it were me I would probably lean more toward staying at a moderate because you can use the Disney transportation system (monorail, boats, Disney buses, etc). I hear CBR is a nice one to stay at too.

Try Mary at mousesavers.com- she has high standards and negotiates very good rates! See if any are good for yur dates. I would be cautious about using offsite (even DTD) buses. WE alsways had our car.

I've stayed at the Courtyard, Best Western, and Hilton. I felt them all to be satisfactory full service hotels. I do think that if you are getting a waterview at CBR for 99.00 -that's great!!!

We just stayed there in May and all the rooms were recently renovated. They are larger than the other moderates and have all the amenities the hotels on Plaza Blvd. would have.
Did you see the photos at wdwig.com. They really don't do the place justice, but are fun to look at!

It's a very relaxed atmosphere. I think for 99.00 you can't go wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter