Compare Benihana and Teppanyaki?

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
Our family and I are die-hard 'Benihana' fans. We usually dine there twice a year, and one of our favorite side dishes is their fried rice.

We haven't dined at Teppanyaki in Epcot. We'll be at Disney in January and will most likely (due to time) only be able to do one dinner at Epcot. We've done Chef de France and Alfredo's. I'm torn between Le Cellier and Teppanyaki. DH is afraid we won't like Teppanyaki as much as Benihana and doesn't want to chance it. Please don't get me wrong. We're not picky and would probably dine there if we had a week at Disney, but we want our only night at an Epcot restuarant to be an almost sure thing 'taste-wise.'

Has anyone here who's dined at Benihana AND Teppanyaki able to compare the two? Is steamed rice the only type of rice available at Teppanyaki?

Thanks!

We too are die-hard Benihana fans. It's our tradition to eat at Benihana (in the Hilton DTD) on our first night and on our last night. I too enjoy the fried rice and always order two so I have one for breakfast the next day!

Teppanyaki does not have the fried rice and therefore we haven't eaten there! But my grandma did eat there and she said that it was not as good as Benihana's. There are so many other choices in EPCOT and we love LeCellier.

The two restaurants are very similar. I've never seen the fried rice offered on the menu, I don't believe they make it there or in our many trips I'm sure someone would have ordered it. Otherwise the food is almost identical - good cuts of meat - very light seasoning. The veggies and sprouts are almost the same as Benihana also. We have a Benihana here in town, but don't often get there, but we always make time for Teppanyaki.

If you only have one meal at EPCOT I'm sure you'll enjoy trying something very different than what you can have at home. Le Cellier is very good, both for lunch and dinner.

I have eaten at both restaurants and Benihana is better than Teppanyaki. Teppanyaki is geared to the Walt Disney World visitors. Benihana is geared towards the overall Japanese teppanyaki-style dining experience. Please do not expect the same.
:D

For those of you that are disappointed that Teppanyaki does not serve fried rice, you do realize that fried rice is chinese cuisine, not japanese cuisine. Maybe Benihana is less japanese then you think?? :teleport:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter