Common Grounds question.

MinnesotaMouseketeers

DIS Veteran
When we set sail, our son will be 12 years old. We are giving serious thought to asking the parents of one of our son's friends if one of his friends could go with us.

The problem is, all of his friends will be 13 years old.

When the teenagers go into Common Grounds do they need to sign in or slide there "Key to the World" card through to prove their age?

I think our son would be ok in Common Grounds and afraid his friend might be bored in the Oceaneer Lab.

Or could a 13 year old have a good time in the Lab?

Thank you for your help.

The kids all have to REGISTER for the programming before being admitted to the programs and they are pretty strict about not letting 12-year-olds in wih the teens. If he is within a month of turning 13 he might have a shot but if he's not he probably will not. The teem programming encompasses a wide age range so 12-year-olds really don't fit in too well with the older teens.

As for the 13-year-old moving down to the Lab, that definitely can be done. You should check out some of the 10-12 Navigators to see the types of activities they have. I know that Barb has some posted on her site:

www.castawayclub.com

Good luck! :)

The age range at Common Grounds is 13 through 17, and my DD was twice allowed in to participate at age 18 after I spoke with them at embarkation day Registration. There was at least one 19 year old in there along with some other 18 year olds, too. So I would probably go for the 13 year old stepping down to be with him. Plus, there are many activities such as movies, basketball, arcade games, swimming, etc that they can do on their own too.

I'M GLAD YOU POSTED ABOUT THE 18 YEAR OLD. DS WILL BE 18 WHEN WE SAIL AGAIN AND ALOT OF HIS FRIENDS FROM THE LAST CRUISE ARE PLANNING ON GOING WHEN WE DO AGAIN AND I KNOW SOME OF THEM WILL STILL BE 17 AND HE WILL WANT TO GO TO COMMON GROUND IF HE CAN. WE WILL DEFINATLY GO AND ASK WHEN WE GET THERE. :smooth:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter