Commitment issues: I can’t buy a pillow

Are any of them returnable? Try it and if you can’t commit return it. (Don’t go crazy with that, stores track how much you return & if you return like a half a dozen pillows in a short period of time they can ban you from returning stuff but one or two should be fine.)

No pillow has ever been right until we bought Talalay latex pillows. They are Z by Malouf and we have the tall plush ones. Bonus is that they last for years.

This 100%! I worked in the furniture industry for years and we had a contract with Sealy to manufacture our mattresses. This was right around the time latex and memory foam started becoming big. They allowed us to buy these springy spongy pillows for something like $10 (WHAT?) When I tell you I wish I had bought all the pillows, I am not kidding! my husband and I had no children at the time, so I got 2. After the kids came, everyone would fight about who got the good pillow if I wasn't home. :P I believe I had that pillow for 12 years before it started to break down and the case busted on it. I had severe anxiety about replacing it, as I had to replace my husband's sooner and the one he got was just not the same. I ended up buying one off Target . com when they had 30% off bedding. While the Target one doesn't quite fit my queen pillowcases, it is at least comparable in density and support to my older pillow. I am considering buying more and having pillowcases made to fit.

Talalay Latex does not have the "memory" of memory foam. I think that is why I love it. It springs right back instantly and is great for either side or back sleepers. It keeps my neck and spine in alignment, as opposed to my shoulder crammed into my neck at night. I travel with it everywhere. I highly recommend to anyone with neck or shoulder pain.

Yeah going through this now. I’ve never bought anything really expensive but I feel like they get gross so I want a new one very few years anyway (get rid of two few pounds of dead dust mights). I just bought a firm from ikea and it’s so firm it’s like a brick. I’m pregnant so I ended up using it as my in between the knee pillow but I was annoyed because I spent 30 minutes squishing the pillows in Ikea and knew I should have gone softer lol.

I have the opposite problem! I have 6 pillows and hate ALL of them! I cannot find one I like. I currently use "My Pillow," but it's not comfortable at all. The pillows in WDW and DCL are amazing…where can I find some of those??
Ugh... My Pillow!
That pillow starts a fight with me in the middle of the night. Sometimes I wake up & feel like someone hit me in the back of the head with a sledgehammer.
I bought my BF a Serta pillow, it was expensive imo ($120) but its awesome. It’s a cooling pillow, it’s so comfy & is going strong after 5 years.
I need to spend the $ on me now for one.

Last edited:

YES!!! I can't tell you how many pillows I have felt in store and said nope. The best ones I have found were actually at Big Lots and were a serta memory foam. They are heavy, but they are the most comfortable I have found (although I'm still open to others). I may try the water one from Amazon...

I loved the Sobello pillows at the resort but I can't pull the trigger on buying them online. I don't know why. I'm not happy with my pillows I keep buying so it's wasted money anyway.

I buy the ones used in the Hilton hotel chain. Most comfortable pillow ever. Hilton to home is the website, and at times they do significant discounts.

omg, we have had this discussion for years! Hubby and I have been trying pillows for years with no success. Over the summer, we stayed at a Drury hotel in San Antonio and we fell in love with their pillows. Went to this site:

https://www.downlitebedding.com/

and found the pillows by the hotel name. Ordered 4 and now hubby hasn't had any neck pain in months. And they do offer coupons too and specials on Tuesdays!

This 100%! I worked in the furniture industry for years and we had a contract with Sealy to manufacture our mattresses. This was right around the time latex and memory foam started becoming big. They allowed us to buy these springy spongy pillows for something like $10 (WHAT?) When I tell you I wish I had bought all the pillows, I am not kidding! my husband and I had no children at the time, so I got 2. After the kids came, everyone would fight about who got the good pillow if I wasn't home. :P I believe I had that pillow for 12 years before it started to break down and the case busted on it. I had severe anxiety about replacing it, as I had to replace my husband's sooner and the one he got was just not the same. I ended up buying one off Target . com when they had 30% off bedding. While the Target one doesn't quite fit my queen pillowcases, it is at least comparable in density and support to my older pillow. I am considering buying more and having pillowcases made to fit.

Talalay Latex does not have the "memory" of memory foam. I think that is why I love it. It springs right back instantly and is great for either side or back sleepers. It keeps my neck and spine in alignment, as opposed to my shoulder crammed into my neck at night. I travel with it everywhere. I highly recommend to anyone with neck or shoulder pain.

What's the one you got from Target? Trying to find something similar myself.

When we bought our Tempurpedic mattress they threw in 2 of their pillows for free. Thought it was great at the time as hubby liked the showroom model, but after sleeping on it a few nights it turned into a flat brick and we can't figure out why. (ended up giving the other one away and I think we just threw out that one. couldn't figure out how to make it foamy again and it was soooo heavy you could knock someone out with it) However, for the couple nights it worked it was great, apparently. But I haven't been able to guess what foam/latex one will work and they're usually pricey so it'd be an expensive trial and error. Been settling for some cheap foam cores and the flavor of the month at BB&B when it comes time to replace. Right now it's something by "Hollander home products" but the tag is completely destroyed so not sure if that's a brand name or just the manufacturer. That seems to have held up but it's too thin so he's got another pillow under it for the right height but he really just needs one good pillow like what we thought those Tempurpedic ones would be.

What's the one you got from Target? Trying to find something similar myself.

When we bought our Tempurpedic mattress they threw in 2 of their pillows for free. Thought it was great at the time as hubby liked the showroom model, but after sleeping on it a few nights it turned into a flat brick and we can't figure out why. (ended up giving the other one away and I think we just threw out that one. couldn't figure out how to make it foamy again and it was soooo heavy you could knock someone out with it) However, for the couple nights it worked it was great, apparently. But I haven't been able to guess what foam/latex one will work and they're usually pricey so it'd be an expensive trial and error. Been settling for some cheap foam cores and the flavor of the month at BB&B when it comes time to replace. Right now it's something by "Hollander home products" but the tag is completely destroyed so not sure if that's a brand name or just the manufacturer. That seems to have held up but it's too thin so he's got another pillow under it for the right height but he really just needs one good pillow like what we thought those Tempurpedic ones would be.

The brand was Threshold (Target brand) but I went back to look and they are no longer available. :(

I do know they carry Beautyrest latex pillows and if I recall, they were reasonably priced. I would try searching for Talalay Latex pillows on Target, Walmart and Amazon. They will be the most reasonable price-wise. Macy's would be another good place to look. Basically anywhere that runs promotions or takes coupons.

Over a course of a few months I bought every single pillow that they had at Costco (and admittedly some from other stores too). They're all now on guest beds or in linen closets. I got a Tempurpedic after that and never looked back. I highly recommend them!

I'm baffled by all the positive reviews for My Pillow.
I bought one and hated it, so I had DH and the kids take turns trying it out. No one in my house will sleep on it. That's the one pillow related thing we can agree on - we all hated My Pillow.

I'm convinced there's no one perfect pillow for everyone though, thus why shopping for them is so hard.
DH and I both love Tuft & Needle pillows, so we bought them for the kids too.
DS didn't really care one way or the other, and DD didn't like hers.
I was going to return them under their 100 night trial, but decided to keep them for the guest room.
Still on the search for the perfect pillow for DD.

Just an FYI... most of the mattress brand named pillows are not made by the company. They sell the licensing rights to other companies.

I have to laugh this post because every night before I go to bed I think how I hate my pillows and I need a new one but I cannot commit to purchasing one.

I guess I'm not that picky? I hate any kind of foam but I adore goose down. I got mine from Costco. Love them.

Are any of them returnable? Try it and if you can’t commit return it. (Don’t go crazy with that, stores track how much you return & if you return like a half a dozen pillows in a short period of time they can ban you from returning stuff but one or two should be fine.)

I've bought, tried and returned many pillows over the years. I still haven't found one that I love.

Does anyone else mull over buying a new pillow like it's a lifetime commitment? I spend 30 minutes feeling the firmness of every pillow Bed, Bath & Beyond has to offer, but can never make a decision. Do I want a cooling one? What if that makes my ear cold? Am I a side sleeper? What if I decide to roll onto my back? Will the pillow be uncomfortable then? Is a $99 pillow 10 times better than a $10 pillow? Anything has got to be an improvement over my current pancake of a pillow, but I can't bring myself to commit.

Oh, can I relate to this!!!! My dh could write a book on me and my 'graveyard' of pillows!!
They have to be 'just' right, and I usually can't tell til I sleep on them, then I know right away if it's 'the' one!
The one I'm sleeping on now is ancient and needs replacing, but I can't seem to 'find' the perfect replacement regardless of brand or price!
To add to this, our older son is just like me! My poor DIL is at wits end as they too have a closet of misfit pillows.
Why, oh why meee???? o_O :(
Maybe there should be a club for us!!! :rolleyes1

I've even tried the one with water (mentioned by a pp), nope, not for me, can't be too soft, too firm, too high and bouncy, etc. etc. Has to be 'just right'!!! Dh has a temperpedic one (we also have the mattress), but I can't stand the pillows. He's so easy to please!

Last edited:
Seeing as how we are on the budget board...I just bought a $6.99 pillow at Aldi that is the most comfortable pillow I have ever slept on , asid from the My Pillow that was gifted to me a couple years ago. It's called something like a never-flat pillow, it's supposed to be some kind of hybrid with a foam center to keep it firm and pillow batting around the foam.

I broke down and bought one ... and I HATE it! It’s a Sharper Image memory foam one with a cooling pad. It had a nice feel when I pushed on it in the store, but my head doesn’t weigh as much as the force my hand used apparently, because it has no give at all... like using a brick for a pillow. Back to square one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter