• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Commemorating a Family Trip

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Hi I am looking for suggestions on how to commemorate our upcoming Family Vacation. My parents are taking our entire family (12 adults, 6 children) to WDW for 5 days in July. We will be staying at Old Key West and the only item we need to pay for was our airfare...they are taking care of the rest.

We are looking for a way to thank them for this most generous gift/trip. Any suggestions? Are they still selling the bricks that line the Magic Kingdom or something similiar? Any special dinner packages (Fantasic or Illuminations) we could secure?

Thanks!:)

Maybe taking them on an Illuminations cruise would be a nice "thank you". I haven't been on them but I know people that have and love it.

My other suggestion is take lots and lots of pictures, keep unwrinkled copies of a map from each park, etc and make them a scrapbook of the trip when you return home. This will give thems lots of enjoyment for years to come when they look at pictures of the trip.

I would make sure and get a good group photo, maybe by one of the photographers on Main Street in front of the castle. Your group is really large, though. Maybe you could book a photographer to take a few pictures of your group. I've never done that but I've read about it a little on these boards (I think you could even have a group photo session with Mickey, if that's your thing). The Illuminations cruise sounds good, and I believe there is a fireworks cruise you can do at the Magic Kingdom lake. Have a wonderful trip, it sounds great!

I agree with the group photo idea. Then, purchase one of the decorative frames sold all over WDW - you could get an OKW one, or a WDW one, etc. and present that to them after the trip.

Hi! I'm your long lost sister with five kids and a husband.....

What wonderful parents you have! Enjoy!

Are they still selling the tiles for 'Leave a Legacy' at Epcot? We bought one when we were there Jan. 2002 to commemorate our first family trip to WDW. After arriving home I got a sample on a card that had the location on it. We're going back in Jan. 2003 and can't wait to go find it!!

I just searched it on the WDW site and they are still advertising this and have this number and email;

Customer Service at (407) 560-7235 or email wdw.ec.legacy@disney.com.

My parents did the same thing last year with all 12 of us (kids & grandkids) and we purchased a nice photo album with the year "2001" on the front in Epcot and filled it with photos of the trip - they loved it and my mom keeps it out on the coffee table for everyone to look at to remind them of the wonderful time we all had thanks to their generousity! Have a great time!

All great ideas from others... on a smaller scale how about having flowers or a special basket from the Disney florist waiting in your parents room upon arrival.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter