Come to my pity party please.

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
All non CA residents or anyone who wasn't able to get tickets for DL's reopening day, you can sulk about it here. I'm from NV and watched with envy yesterday the video of Disney youtubers Best Life and Beyond get tickets for the reopening. This morning as I listen to Main Street's soundtrack, I'm just feeling sorry for myself that I can't be there on reopening and may not be able to go in August. Disclaimer: This is meant to be a light-hearted thread....

Joining you. I am from Ireland and I can't even enter USA due to a Presidential Executive Order. I currently have a 3 day 1 park ticket which I bought last summer. I have no idea when the Presidential Executive Order will be removed or when the Irish Government will remove the official advice against international travel which voids my travel insurance.

I'm joining you too. I'm in Oregon (so close and yet so far) and we were there when the parks closed. We had really hoped to be able to hop down for opening day but that isn't going to happen. So I will watch with joy and envy as the CA residents go back in at the end of the month (and cry along with them!)

All non CA residents or anyone who wasn't able to get tickets for DL's reopening day, you can sulk about it here. I'm from NV and watched with envy yesterday the video of Disney youtubers Best Life and Beyond get tickets for the reopening. This morning as I listen to Main Street's soundtrack, I'm just feeling sorry for myself that I can't be there on reopening and may not be able to go in August. Disclaimer: This is meant to be a light-hearted thread....

I watched that same video! I was both excited for them and also totally jealous. It will be fun to watch all the YouTube and Instagram lives of those people going back. It just does my heart good to see normalcy coming back even if it's a slow ramp up.

I'm joining you too. I'm in Oregon (so close and yet so far) and we were there when the parks closed. We had really hoped to be able to hop down for opening day but that isn't going to happen. So I will watch with joy and envy as the CA residents go back in at the end of the month (and cry along with them!)
My neighbor was to bring her kids 9, 6, and 2 for the first time last year. They were supposed to leave the day DL closed. The 9 year old took it well, 6 year old was devastated. ..I hope you get to go soon. Until then, we can just pretend we're there.😂

I'm right there with you, in NV too. It hurts to be left out of the Re-Opening festivities. I will watch on YT, and am happy for others, but still sad for we oos folks. Thanks for creating this thread. 💜💜

We live in AZ. I could leave right now and be pulling into the DL parking lot in 6-6.5 hours. But no...no soup for you! Have 2-day 1-park per day tickets. Was supposed to go a few days before the lock down. YDD got influenza a few days before we were to go. We stayed home. Then DL closed.

YDD really wants to go for Thanksgiving.

i just realized I can get my fave chocolate brownie from the Craftsman Grill! Hopefully if they are open. I’ve dreamed about those brownies.

We are instead going on a cross country road trip to Orlando and then spending a week in WDW in sweaty June. DL isn't going anywhere any time soon. After our WDW trip, though, I'm really going to need a DL fix because there are some things about DL that you just can't find/get/experience at WDW.

My mother passed away in November, so this June will be my first birthday without her. I booked VGC rooms in December to be there for my b'day as a distraction for me. Our whole family is already fully vaccinated. In fact, we just got home last night from San Diego. You know, that place 2 hours away from Anaheim?? ;-) I know it isn't Disney's decision about CA residents only, but this is ridiculous. We're in west coast state in the "COVID pact with CA" so we have been just as careful here as CA. And the no tickets for people with existing hotel/DVC reservations, especially for VGC owners with prior existing reservations . . . absolutely crazy. We have to cancel 31+ days out in order to have full use of those points. How am I supposed to know if I can get tickets 31 days out, even if CA changes the theme park restrictions. URGH. I am not going to celebrate my first b'day without my mom sitting in my room looking at the park. Not happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!