Come on Estoppel!!!!

This estoppel wait is driving me crazy! I think this is harder than the wait for the ROFR response. I know the estoppel wait for us is now over 4 weeks. Our broker told us that they're running slower than usual, but we should receive closing docs sometime this week. How much longer should it be before I can book a vacation?

Yay received our closing docs today!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Passed ROFR 5/20
Closing docs rec'd 6/14
On to the next step!

[Q
UOTE="tawi, post: 55931199, member: 577978"]Yay received our closing docs today!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Passed ROFR 5/20
Closing docs rec'd 6/14
On to the next step![/QUOTE]

We received our closing docs yesterday

Sent 5/2
Passed ROFR 5/23
Closing docs rec'd 6/13

Docs are in FedEx's hands now

This estoppel wait is driving me crazy! I think this is harder than the wait for the ROFR response. I know the estoppel wait for us is now over 4 weeks. Our broker told us that they're running slower than usual, but we should receive closing docs sometime this week. How much longer should it be before I can book a vacation?

If it makes you feel any better, the wait after you return the closing docs is actually the worst part. So, this part should only feel moderately annoying :D

Submitted for ROFR on 5/2, passed 5/27, and got an e-mail today saying the title company received estoppel from Disney. She said I would receive the closing paperwork today, but I didn't. Fingers crossed and pixie dust for it coming tomorrow!!!!:tink:

Submitted for ROFR on 5/2, passed 5/27, and got an e-mail today saying the title company received estoppel from Disney. She said I would receive the closing paperwork today, but I didn't. Fingers crossed and pixie dust for it coming tomorrow!!!!:tink:

Ooh!!! We passed on 5/27 also....this gives me hope we will hear something by the end of the week.

Thank you for posting your update! Fingers crossed you get your closing documents tomorrow!

Ours was sent on April 20 for ROFR and passed on May 16. We are still waiting for closing docs. We were initially told 3-4 weeks. Last week we were told 10 days or so. They said they are still waiting on Disney. We are at 29 days and counting.

We did get the closing docs today. I won't be able to send them back until tomorrow because I had to make a huge dinner for a grieving family tonight (they lost Grandma to breast cancer :( this morning). It has been a grim day today with the horrible news out of my home resort too :sad:. I hope things begin to look up for Orlando and everywhere else.

Last edited:
We did get the closing docs today. I won't be able to send them back until tomorrow because I had to make a huge dinner for a grieving family tonight (they lost Grandma to breast cancer :( this morning). It has been a grim day today with the horrible news out of my home resort too :sad:. I hope things to looking up for Orlando and everywhere else.
My condolences to you all.

Don't be afraid to follow up with your broker! I did and it turns out the title company got my estoppel a week ago but somehow forgot to send the closing docs out.

Sent 4/25
Passed ROFR 5/18
Estoppel Received 6/9
Closing docs rec'd 6/15 (title company forgot to send)
Wired Funds 6/16

On to closing! Seller is in the UK, hope they can find a notary quickly

Still waiting on closing docs. This is becoming more painful than ROFR...at least there was a cutoff date when to expect an answer. With closing docs, it is perpetually in limbo.

Don't be afraid to follow up with your broker! I did and it turns out the title company got my estoppel a week ago but somehow forgot to send the closing docs out.

Sent 4/25
Passed ROFR 5/18
Estoppel Received 6/9
Closing docs rec'd 6/15 (title company forgot to send)
Wired Funds 6/16

On to closing! Seller is in the UK, hope they can find a notary quickly
I had the same issue, passed ROFR and estopple took too long. Called closing agent and they were just sitting on it. Now I have closing docs and waiting for them to notify Disney!

Even DVC CMs can fat finger an R every now and then. Hopefully the saga will end soon!
The fat finger didn't make a difference... Transaction recorded by Disney 6/13, welcome packet arrived today & member number should be received in the next week +/-. DVC Administration would not give me our member # over the phone.

If you are already a member but buying new contract in a different use year, what happens after closing and deed recording? Wait on welcome packet? Then wait on new member number to be able to book?

Ooh!!! We passed on 5/27 also....this gives me hope we will hear something by the end of the week.

Closing documents received 6/17.

Already signed and sent back with final payment.

For people keeping track...
Sent to ROFR 5/3
Passed 5/27
Closing docs received 6/17

This means we are 45 days into the process. 24 days for ROFR and 21 days for estoppel. On to the closing thread!

Ours was sent on April 20 for ROFR and passed on May 16. We are still waiting for closing docs. We were initially told 3-4 weeks. Last week we were told 10 days or so. They said they are still waiting on Disney. We are at 29 days and counting.

We received our closing documents on 6/17.

Got my closing docs today! I wasn't expecting them for a few more weeks so this was a huge surprise! One step closer.

facebook twitter